Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Can you win a Super Bowl without a great #1 WR?

Thanks
    Thanked 26,314 Times in 13,736 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Can you win a Super Bowl without a great #1 WR?

Quote Originally Posted by kgun12 View Post
    NO S**T! But again the thread was can we win a SB without a great #1? I’ll stand but what I said, no. It’s been a moot point, Diggs was non-existent for the most part in the playoffs. Let me ask you this, other than causes issues on this team, what was Diggs contributions to this teams over the last half of last year and the playoffs and can or can we find someone to put up his numbers? I think so!
    I’d like our chances better if we had the cap space and could have brought in a FA. We will need to find the guy to equal Diggs in the draft, and while this is a strong draft for WR’s, no rookie is ever guaranteed.

Honestly, our best shot is that Kincaid can take a big step forward and be that #1 target and cover for a mediocre WR too

Thanks
    Thanked 1,940 Times in 1,211 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    I’d like our chances better if we had the cap space and could have brought in a FA. We will need to find the guy to equal Diggs in the draft, and while this is a strong draft for WR’s, no rookie is ever guaranteed.

Honestly, our best shot is that Kincaid can take a big step forward and be that #1 target and cover for a mediocre WR too
    Stefon Diggs playoff stats - 2021 - 33.5 yards/game, 0 TDs. 2022 - 74.5 yards/game, 0 TDs. 2023 - 36.5 yards/ game, 0 TDs

I think that’s easily replaced!

I think you are way too fixated on the cap, the Bills have done a lot with what they had. They extended a few, and got rid of a lot of aging players and a locker room cancer that weren’t contributing as much anymore. They will miss some of the leadership, but it’s time for others to step into that role. That’s sports and life in general. Yes, some of the guys they brought in are older, but the team that you are so bothered by them leaving were players that weren’t helping as much. Again that sports and life in general.
    I know you absolutely relish being miserable, but maybe you should wait for the final product before climbing out on to the ledge? Just a thought.
    Retired Air Traffic Controller
    USAF VETERAN
    DAV

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Stefon Diggs playoff stats - 2021 - 33.5 yards/game, 0 TDs. 2022 - 74.5 yards/game, 0 TDs. 2023 - 36.5 yards/ game, 0 TDs

I think that’s easily replaced!

I think you are way too fixated on the cap, the Bills have done a lot with what they had. They extended a few, and got rid of a lot of aging players and a locker room cancer that weren’t contributing as much anymore. They will miss some of the leadership, but it’s time for others to step into that role. That’s sports and life in general. Yes, some of the guys they brought in are older, but the team that you are so bothered by them leaving were players that weren’t helping as much. Again that sports and life in general.
    I know you absolutely relish being miserable, but maybe you should wait for the final product before climbing out on to the ledge? Just a thought.
    Well it's gonna be 5 months before we see the final product, so the only thing we can do is discuss where we think the team is until that time comes.

The reason I keep harping on the cap is because it is preventing us from improving or even maintaining. KC and Cincy (when Burrow is healthy) are ahead of us. We didn't play Baltimore in '23 but I suspect they are ahead of us too. Houston and Jax are improving quickly. Pittsburgh got better. We lost talent- granted, aging and expensive talent that wasn't what it once once- but due to the cap, we were unable to replace it. The big 3 in the AFC are still ahead of us and other teams are rising quickly while we're regressing.

That's why I keep talking about the cap. This year is going to be a setback. You say the players that left weren't helping as much, but we have no one equal or better and can't get anyone cuz of the cap.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Well it's gonna be 5 months before we see the final product, so the only thing we can do is discuss where we think the team is until that time comes.

The reason I keep harping on the cap is because it is preventing us from improving or even maintaining. KC and Cincy (when Burrow is healthy) are ahead of us. We didn't play Baltimore in '23 but I suspect they are ahead of us too. Houston and Jax are improving quickly. Pittsburgh got better. We lost talent- granted, aging and expensive talent that wasn't what it once once- but due to the cap, we were unable to replace it. The big 3 in the AFC are still ahead of us and other teams are rising quickly while we're regressing.

That's why I keep talking about the cap. This year is going to be a setback. You say the players that left weren't helping as much, but we have no one equal or better and can't get anyone cuz of the cap.
    Yeah, the sky is falling, we suck, but 5months is a long times and a lot of good things can happen! Here's a question for you, do you remember when the Bills sign Lofton? September 27, 1989. The point is, there a lot of players out there that can still help this team!

You've been predicting, seems like (hoping) this forever, but they always seem to have a pretty good season. Yes, we all want a SB and I hope I see one in my life time. With Josh there's always hope. However, like I've said a few time, I have taken all the emotion out of sports. I realized I have absolutely no control about who the draft, sign, cut, gameplan or play calling. So I've taken the Bill Murray from Meatballs approach..."It Just Doesn't Matter! Seriouly, I love this time of year and the more moves the Bills make the more I enjoy it. Once the games start, my interst goes way down.
    "

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Yeah, the sky is falling, we suck, but 5months is a long times and a lot of good things can happen! Here's a question for you, do you remember when the Bills sign Lofton? September 27, 1989. The point is, there a lot of players out there that can still help this team!

You've been predicting, seems like (hoping) this forever, but they always seem to have a pretty good season. Yes, we all want a SB and I hope I see one in my life time. With Josh there's always hope. However, like I've said a few time, I have taken all the emotion out of sports. I realized I have absolutely no control about who the draft, sign, cut, gameplan or play calling. So I've taken the Bill Murray from Meatballs approach..."It Just Doesn't Matter! Seriouly, I love this time of year and the more moves the Bills make the more I enjoy it. Once the games start, my interst goes way down.
    "
    The problem with getting players comes right back to the cap. There was no cap in 1989. It doesn’t matter who comes available. We won’t be able to sign them.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The problem with getting players comes right back to the cap. There was no cap in 1989. It doesn’t matter who comes available. We won’t be able to sign them.
    The Bills have done a pretty good job so far of keeping the players they wanted and signing others without “cap money!” Besides what part of White’s $10 million June 1 payday don’t you understand? The point of bringing up Lofton is with the June money if we don’t get a top 5 WR in the draft we will the money to make a trade or sign a James Lofton type. You really have trouble seeing the forest through the trees don’t you?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,454 Times in 1,007 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The Bills have done a pretty good job so far of keeping the players they wanted and signing others without “cap money!” Besides what part of White’s $10 million June 1 payday don’t you understand? The point of bringing up Lofton is with the June money if we don’t get a top 5 WR in the draft we will the money to make a trade or sign a James Lofton type. You really have trouble seeing the forest through the trees don’t you?
    “What Forest?”
    -OpI

8. Post thanked by:

kgun12 (04-09-2024)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
    “What Forest?”
    -OpI
    I laughed out loud at this!

10. Post thanked by:

Mad Max (04-09-2024)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,454 Times in 1,007 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I laughed out loud at this!
    OpI is entertaining. I usually don’t like people who are constantly eeyoring but he’s an exception, the man never breaks from character. That’s dedication.

I do miss his eeyore avatar though. It was the perfect fit. You must have lost a bet to use that avatar right OpI? And that’s why when I called you out last season to make an avatar bet you ran and hid. You didn’t want me sticking you with the Trojan helmet lol.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

$10 million isn’t going to replace Diggs, Davis, Morse, White, Poyer and Hyde. There is simply no way to go into next season with talent that is equal to or better than last season, and we already know last season’s team was behind several others in the AFC in terms of talent.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

$10 million isn’t going to replace Diggs, Davis, Morse, White, Poyer and Hyde. There is simply no way to go into next season with talent that is equal to or better than last season, and we already know last season’s team was behind several others in the AFC in terms of talent.
    Come on man, do you really believe this of are you just playing the angry poster? What you understand, they already replace everyone but Diggs and I’m not sure it’s going to be hard to replace his production from the last half of the season and playoffs. White hasn’t really played the last couple years, Poyer and Hyde slowed down noticeably. We will miss David’s blocking but his receiving number are also easily replaced. They will get a DT, DE, an O-lineman, and a WR in this draft.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Come on man, do you really believe this of are you just playing the angry poster? What you understand, they already replace everyone but Diggs and I’m not sure it’s going to be hard to replace his production from the last half of the season and playoffs. White hasn’t really played the last couple years, Poyer and Hyde slowed down noticeably. We will miss David’s blocking but his receiving number are also easily replaced. They will get a DT, DE, an O-lineman, and a WR in this draft.
    You’re insane if you believe they already replaced everyone but Diggs. And all the teams that are ahead of us in talent get to draft to fill their holes too. I don’t know why everyone refuses to acknowledge that reality.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

You’re insane if you believe they already replaced everyone but Diggs. And all the teams that are ahead of us in talent get to draft to fill their holes too. I don’t know why everyone refuses to acknowledge that reality.
    Nope, you just live in a dark place. So tell me who isn’t an upgrade to all of the elders the Bills released?

Yes, I fully expect them to draft a S, CB, and both lines, but it was time for the old guys to go.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Nope, you just live in a dark place. So tell me who isn’t an upgrade to all of the elders the Bills released?

Yes, I fully expect them to draft a S, CB, and both lines, but it was time for the old guys to go.
    So far, we’ve only replaced them with their backups. If their backups were better, they should have been on the field last year.

And that’s a LOT of holes to fill in one draft.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,198 Times in 5,923 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Hard to play a backup when you have an overpriced veteran starter living off reputation. Happens in nearly all team sports.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Lots of wishful thinking itt.

Remember, these are the Buffalo Bills. One step forward, two steps back

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by sukie View Post
    Hard to play a backup when you have an overpriced veteran starter living off reputation. Happens in nearly all team sports.
    So the assumption is that we had not one, not two, but SIX backups who were better than the starters, sitting on the bench due to the reputation of the starters? If that's the case, every coach should be fired.

20. Post thanked by:

Chet (04-10-2024)

Registered User Forward_Lateral's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,085 Times in 4,281 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Yes, you can.

It's been done many times in the last 20 years.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,198 Times in 5,923 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

So the assumption is that we had not one, not two, but SIX backups who were better than the starters, sitting on the bench due to the reputation of the starters? If that's the case, every coach should be fired.
    Tre. No longer a starter. Didn’t play basically 2 seasons
    Hyde No longer a starter. Couldn’t stay on field
    Gabe Davis. Starter ? He sucks
    Morse. His replacement… we shall see. His best years were behind him.

are you weeping for Poyer?

- - - Updated - - -

Ya know how one becomes an all pro starter? One needs to start.

23. Post thanked by:

kgun12 (04-10-2024)

Registered User kscdogbillsfan1221's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,906 Times in 2,086 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by sukie View Post
    agreed. case in point.

terell bernard behind tremaine edmunds.
    I came.
    I saw.
    I conquered.

25. Post thanked by:

Chet (04-11-2024),kgun12 (04-10-2024)