If the Bills go "All In" for Marvin Harrison JR, How would you feel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Forward_Lateral
    • Mar 2004

Re: If the Bills go "All In" for Marvin Harrison JR, How would you feel?

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
    I can see where you are both coming from.
    Granted that they have replacements (to your point) , none of them have proven to be better than the ones they replaced (OPivs point) .

We wont know if the young replacements are better until they play. On paper we're NOT better.
    They aren't really worse.

Milano will be back, so the LBs are already instantly better than last year.

Corners are a wash, as the ones they lost (Tre and Dane) didn't contribute all that much.

Safety, to me is the big question mark. Even though Po and Hyde showed their age a lot, they still played better than average. Rapp played ok in his role, but how will he do in one of the traditional safety spots? Who will man the other safety spot?

I wouldn't say they are all that much worse on paper, to be honest. The only position they've gotten weaker at is safety, but there's still the draft.

Comment

• kgun12
      • Jul 2002

I know the naysayers don’t want to believe it but if you listen to the podcast with McGovern, he was brought in as Morse’s replacement. Oh and BTW he played center at PSU.
      Retired Air Traffic Controller
      USAF VETERAN
      DAV

Comment

• TacklingDummy
        Unreachable Douche
        • Jul 2002

It's still going to come down to Josh Allen and rushing the other teams passer.

Comment

• cookie G
          • Mar 2003

Nota's darling...Joe B did the basically the same thing in his mock yesterday, except for Nabers.

The Bills give the Titans 28, 60 and 133 this year, plus next years' No. 1 for the Titans 7 and 182. The Bills take Nabers.

I can understand moving up some for either Thomas or AD Mitchell, and giving up less. there is a chance you won't have to move up at all for Mitchell.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by cookie G View Post
            Nota's darling...Joe B did the basically the same thing in his mock yesterday, except for Nabers.

The Bills give the Titans 28, 60 and 133 this year, plus next years' No. 1 for the Titans 7 and 182. The Bills take Nabers.

I can understand moving up some for either Thomas or AD Mitchell, and giving up less. there is a chance you won't have to move up at all for Mitchell.
            But I’m a moron for just asking the question

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by notacon View Post
              Diggs - BYE-BYE. He was useless in the playoffs and not worth the headache. Getting him off the books completely going forward is a fantastic and smart cap management. Great to move on from him now, and get relatively high value in draft capital.

BTW...you were one that said there was "no way to move him." two months before they did exactly that. Another one of your wonderful predictions that are worthless.

Morse - He has already been replaced and him being gone will make hardly any difference. He was aging and on the downside of his career, with a history of concussions. Good move to cut him loose.

White - damaged goods. Also on the downside of his career and will never be what he was before his two devastating injuries. His age and injury history has this a GREAT move to cut him loose.

Poyer - damaged goods. Already past the "downside of his career" but so valueless that he could only get barely above vet minimum. Another GREAT move to cut him loose.

Hyde - more damaged goods. It's no surprise that he is still a FA. Likely that he will retire. The Bills could still re-sign him (probably) for vet minimum if they deem it worth while.

The Bills DO have "cap space" coming June 1. They don't need aging expensive vets. This is NOT a "rebuild"...how dumb. The core is strong and the past few drafts have the Bills in fantastic shape with a plethora of very good players, with great upsides.

Kincaid
              Torrence
              James Cook
              Terrel Bernard
              Shakir
              Benford
              Rousseau
              Spencer Brown

Are all solid starters that are young and (mostly) cheap.

This draft his LOADED with excellent WR prospects.

All-in-all, the Bills are in very good shape and with Josh Allen their Super Bowl window is WIDE OPEN (THIS YEAR), opposite of your sourpuss unrealistic baloney.

Just sayin'
              We had that “core” last year PLUS all the talent and experience we lost. And you can list the flaws of the guys we lost. We still don’t have anyone equal or better to make up the gap. And the June 1 cap space won’t be nearly enough to replace it all.

The Bills are in far worse shape than they were last year, and the results prove that last year wasn’t good enough. This is nothing but the usual homer spin from you.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                Unreachable Douche
                • Jul 2002

We don’t need a Sammy Watkins type trade. I’d rather have the 2nd, 3rd, or 9th WR drafted that year.

Comment

• Mad Max
                  Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
                  • Mar 2003

Originally posted by TacklingDummy View Post
                  We don’t need a Sammy Watkins type trade. I’d rather have the 2nd, 3rd, or 9th WR drafted that year.
                  Yep. We need to learn from our mistakes.

Besides we have too many holes that need reinforcing if not plugging.

Hold water, there will definitely be quality choices left for us at 28 or even a little later with a trade down.

Comment

• jamze132
                    • Jun 2003

Originally posted by TacklingDummy View Post
                    Beat me to it!

Please no trade ups!

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by jamze132 View Post
                      Beat me to it!

Please no trade ups!
                      I'd be ok with a trade up that didn't involve giving up that much draft capital.

If the guy they really want is there at like 15-20, then I'd be ok with it, I think.

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                        • Aug 2004

Beane has a 100% positive history of meeting the 1st rounder as a GM. So far the running report of top 30 visits including known meets at the combine indicates none of the top 3 WR is on the list. Again, this is just the media best attempts at guessing what Beane might do, not what he should/should not do, nor it is inclusive because we know teams meet more players than reported.

On the list for WR are Ladd McConkey, Troy Franklin, Keon Coleman, Tez Walker, Xavier Worthy, Brian Thomas Jr., Jalen McMillan, Adonai Mitchell, Xavier Legette, Roman Wilson, Jonny Wilson, Stefan Cobbs, Paul Woods.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                          • Mar 2004

Arizona allegedly wants 3 first round picks for pick 4

LOL

Comment

• Mad Max
                            Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
                            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
                            Arizona allegedly wants 3 first round picks for pick 4

LOL
                            Let’s see if some doofus team bites in that (or slightly less than that) for one of the meh QBs. I doubt it.

Comment

• notacon
                              • Aug 2012

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                              We had that “core” last year PLUS all the talent and experience we lost. And you can list the flaws of the guys we lost. We still don’t have anyone equal or better to make up the gap. And the June 1 cap space won’t be nearly enough to replace it all.

The Bills are in far worse shape than they were last year, and the results prove that last year wasn’t good enough. This is nothing but the usual homer spin from you.

Blah...blah...blah...blah...

You had the Bills buried VERY early last year. Do I really have to go over all the ****ty predictions you made????

In FACT, the Bills did EXACTLY the OPPOSITE of what you said they would do and went on a 6-1 finish to the year, not only winning the AFCE title for the fourth time is a row (which you said they would not), but getting the #2 seed (which you also said they would not)

With hardly ANY help from their supposed elite #1 WR, who has NEVER played at an elite level in the most critical games of his four years here....EACH playoff loss the past four years.

I have opined accurately that Josh Allen failure to rise to the "Mt Rushmore" of QB's (exactly what Kurt Warner observed....what, is Kurt giving "homer spin"???! How stupid) after the 2 min warning in the KC game was the tiny, sliver of a difference.

It is not "homer spin" to accurately observe the facts and reality. It is YOU that are putting your usual anti-Bills sour puss spin that is almost always wrong.

Comment

• OpIv37
                                Acid Douching Asswipe
                                • Sep 2002

And as usual, you move the goal posts and talk about what happened in the past because you got called out for your homer spin on the current topic.
                                MiKiDo Facebook
                                MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                                X