• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Oaf
    Do you read what you write?
    • Jun 2007

Re: Texas receiver Adonai Mitchell would check many boxes for Bills

I'm out on AD Mitchell based on film and combine. Since my opinion matters greatly to OBD, that means we're not drafting him.

Would reconsider at 60

Comment

• Bill Cody
      • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Oaf View Post
      I'm out on AD Mitchell based on film and combine. Since my opinion matters greatly to OBD, that means we're not drafting him.

Would reconsider at 60
      Not seeing what you're seeing.

He had a fine combine. 4.34 40 and an athleticism score of 91 (3rd among WR's). He also has very good size at 6'2" 205. Not a chance in hell he makes it to 60

Comment

• Woodman
        Legendary Zoner
        • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Bill Cody View Post
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8UO8Fc_75U

this is a video of every play he was involved in. You sure he's lazy? Looks pretty good to me
        We draft him I'm a fan until proven wrong.

All Bills all the time.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• sahlensguy
          • Mar 2015

Uninterested blocker. Doesn't run routes at full speed.

Wouldn't make us forget Gabe Davis anytime soon.

Comment

• notacon
            • Aug 2012

Originally posted by sahlensguy View Post
            Uninterested blocker. Doesn't run routes at full speed.

Wouldn't make us forget Gabe Davis anytime soon.

Except Gabe Davis was an excellent blocker.

Comment

• Ingtar33
              Dances With Buffaloes
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh View Post
              Well, Beane has tried to get big guys (not twitch speed traits) on the edge. Epenesa, Rousseau, Basham. No hits so far. Basham is a complete flop. If Chop were able to put up 10 sacks at Penn State, you are talking about a top 5 pick like Von Miller was. As long as the Bills have Josh Allen, we can forget about picking those prospects. Pretty much Beane and his scouting Department have to dig deep for projection and take some gambles. There are guys like Chris Jones dropping to second because off field issues and inconsistent on field performance in college.
              I disagree with Rousseau. Our run defense is much much better with him on the field then with him off it. He also is good for a splash play or two a season in the pass defense; and 6-8 sacks or so. He's not a bruce smith, but phil hanson is pretty good too. I say he's a good enough guy to start, sort of the core type of guy which every nfl team is made with but who never really stars. I don't consider him a bust. But he'll never be a star.
              My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                • Aug 2004

Well Ingtar,, Rousseau is OK. I don't think it is a bad draft pick, actually a good one. But not a home run, i.e., signs of an elite player after 3 years in the league.

Rousseau's prototype model is a Mario Williams and he has not performed at that level yet. You may say Mario was drafted 1st overall compared to Rousseau. How about Chris Jones who was drafted in the 2nd round? Mario Williams may have a year or two at Chris Jones level, whereas Chris Jones is pretty consistent since year 2 of his NFL career.

The standard is different. Beane is pretty good at not drafting out right busts too often. That in itself means he's a good GM in NFL, considering the bust ratio overall for 1st and 2nd rounders. But to win a superbowl, we need more, like a couple of elite players. He got one so far in Josh Allen. We'll see if Kincaid can get into that category. I do admit there is some luck involved in there as well though.

Comment

• cookie G
                  • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Bill Cody View Post
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8UO8Fc_75U

this is a video of every play he was involved in. You sure he's lazy? Looks pretty good to me
                  Its really about taking plays off on the plays in which he ISN'T involved.

Steve Smith brought this up in one of his vids. He talked about how some coaches will come out and tell WRs that they can coast on plays that aren't designed to go their way.

You could tell it was a bit of a pet peeve with him. I couldn't tell you if Sarkasian is like that, or if in fact AD is taking plays off. Often a guy looks like he's coasting when he's looking to go into an area of a zone, or something.

If you are a scout, or especially a GM, its an issue you can't ignore, but it also might be little to nothing. it is a part of the due diligence you are going to do. It might be as simple as "you can't do that in the NFL" or a quick come to Jesus talk.

I'm sure they've done a good look into his work habits.

But we'll see soon enough.

Comment

• sahlensguy
                    • Mar 2015

Originally posted by cookie G View Post
                    Its really about taking plays off on the plays in which he ISN'T involved.

Steve Smith brought this up in one of his vids. He talked about how some coaches will come out and tell WRs that they can coast on plays that aren't designed to go their way.

You could tell it was a bit of a pet peeve with him. I couldn't tell you if Sarkasian is like that, or if in fact AD is taking plays off. Often a guy looks like he's coasting when he's looking to go into an area of a zone, or something.

If you are a scout, or especially a GM, its an issue you can't ignore, but it also might be little to nothing. it is a part of the due diligence you are going to do. It might be as simple as "you can't do that in the NFL" or a quick come to Jesus talk.

I'm sure they've done a good look into his work habits.

But we'll see soon enough.
                    There are a bunch of traits that add up to looking like AD is lazy.

Admits to not going 100%
                    Lazy routes
                    Uninterested blocker
                    3.0 YAC
                    Falls down

Guys amazing in other ways but
                    Not a 1st round pick.

Comment

• Woodman
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Apr 2014

Go defense or OL

Go WR in the 2nd.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

Working...
                      X