Don't want to beat it to death, but a well balanced national view on Diggs trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghz in pittsburgh
    • Aug 2004

Re: Don't want to beat it to death, but a well balanced national view on Diggs trade

Originally posted by Goobylal View Post
    It's akin to the time value of money.
    Not quite. Money over time buys less due to inflation. A second round pick regardless year allows you to pick a player within top 64, assuming no expansion.

Comment

• Goobylal
      • Jan 2004

Re: Don't want to beat it to death, but a well balanced national view on Diggs trade

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh View Post
      Not quite. Money over time buys less due to inflation. A second round pick regardless year allows you to pick a player within top 64, assuming no expansion.
      That's making my point. Money today is worth more than money in the future.

Comment

• Mad Max
        Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Goobylal View Post
        That's making my point. Money today is worth more than money in the future.
        Aside from inflation you can use the “money” to make you more money if you had it right now as opposed to in the future.

Comment

• notacon
          • Aug 2012

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh View Post
          Not really earth shattering but very well reasoned opinion from Breer which is probably backed by his sources. Not the kind of singleton view from the national media the last week and half.

The first mini era of Beane and McDermott is over. I'll add they were not really good enough to challenge the Chiefs during that time. The best outcome from the era is finding and developing Allen.

Clean slate for the new era, younger players and the accounting book. I watched the Bills official website of players coming in for workout. on offense, I see Allen and Dawkins. That's about it the familiar faces. Kincaid, Samuel, Shakir are the next crop.

And without saying, the draft is important. We need to do it right. Breer cited Rams made playoff in a reset year. I'll add the Chiefs won the Superbowl in a supposedly re-charge year. Looking back now, the draft propelled both.

Thanks for this. I respect Albert Breer.

He's right. It was time.

I strongly suspect that (maybe even as early as the 2024 playoffs) this move will be seen as exactly what the Bills needed and will help propel them, and Josh Allen, to the next level.

Comment

Working...
          X