Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What would you trade the 28th pick for?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: What would you trade the 28th pick for?

Quote Originally Posted by Goobylal View Post
    It's highly unlikey all the top WRs are gone by 28. And I'd consider trading next year's 2nd rounder to move up if someone coveted falls to that spot. That can get them to #17 overall (Jax).
    This is likely exactly what they were thinking when they took that offer for Diggs.

Thanks
    Thanked 30,587 Times in 17,462 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Cody View Post
    If there's what we feel is a future #1 receiver available at 28 then...nah
    I think we need to shelf the #1 receiver concept, IMO with Allen (if he ever takes the next step up) there shouldn't be a need for what we view as a traditional #1.

One week the #1 is going to be Kincaid. The next Shakir. Might be Cook for a half, or a rookie. Knox. It just depends on who is being left available by the defense, and Josh picking that up and getting them the ball.

We don't need a "#1", we need guys that will produce when their number is called. And some evolution from the QB.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

3. Post thanked by:

kgun12 (04-17-2024)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,098 Times in 3,577 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    I think we need to shelf the #1 receiver concept, IMO with Allen (if he ever takes the next step up) there shouldn't be a need for what we view as a traditional #1.

One week the #1 is going to be Kincaid. The next Shakir. Might be Cook for a half, or a rookie. Knox. It just depends on who is being left available by the defense, and Josh picking that up and getting them the ball.

We don't need a "#1", we need guys that will produce when their number is called. And some evolution from the QB.
    I disagree. I’m not sure how the coaching will be. So with that in mind I’ll go the “better talent” route.

5. Post thanked by:

notacon (04-17-2024)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,940 Times in 1,211 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post

I agree, I’ve been saying all along, don’t be surprised even if they move up it’s not a WR. There are plenty of quality guys they can get in the second round and beyond at a lot of the positions of need. I’d rather move back to the early second round and get more picks in the second and/or third then trade away a lot of picks for one guy.
    Retired Air Traffic Controller
    USAF VETERAN
    DAV

7. Post thanked by:

Woodman (04-17-2024),YardRat (04-17-2024)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,718 Times in 7,771 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Goobylal View Post
    It's highly unlikey all the top WRs are gone by 28. And I'd consider trading next year's 2nd rounder to move up if someone coveted falls to that spot. That can get them to #17 overall (Jax).
    Dane Brugler of The Athletic, who is a monster draft guru as he publishes a HUGE guide to hundreds of prospects called The Beast. The PDF is password protected only for subscribers.

He put out his second top last mock draft today (his final mock goes up the morning of Round 1). It's a full 7-round mock.

Mr Brugler has the Bills trading to, like you opined, #17 to get a WR the Bill probably covet. Here are all his mock picks for the Bills...

17. Buffalo Bills (from JAX)*: Brian Thomas Jr., WR, LSU

(Projected trade: Bills trade picks Nos. 28, 133, 144 and a 2025 second-rounder to the Jaguars for No. 17.)

The Bills need their draft picks to remodel the roster with young, low-priced depth, but general manager Brandon Beane is an aggressive drafter and has never shied away from moving up in the first round to get his guy. Thomas is an outstanding size/speed athlete with better route-running skill than given he’s credit for, and he’d give Josh Allen a new WR1 on offense.

#60 - Cole Bishop S Utah
    #128 - Javon Baker WR UCF
    #160 - Beaux Limmer C/G Arkansas
    #163 - Nelson Ceaser III EDGE Houston
    #200 - Tyler Davis DT Clemson
    #204 - Ethan Driskell OT Marshall
    #248 - Kimani Vidal RB Troy
    The talent at the top of this draft for WR is astounding. WAY better than last year.

In fact, I would opine that the top FOUR WR (including who Brugler mocked) Brain Thomas, are much better than any of the 2023 1st round WR's. It's not hard to imagine that the top EIGHT WR's in this year's crop are just as good or better than all the WR's of the class of 2023.

Brian Thomas would be a perfect for for the Bills. It's probably a lock that they will have to move up to get him.

Here is Brugler's analysis of him....

BACKGROUND: Brian Thomas Jr., who has a sister (Shenika), grew up in Walker (just outside of Baton Rouge). He started playing organized sports at age 6, primarily basketball and football. He played football all the way through youth sports and middle school, although many around him believed basketball would be his long-term future. Thomas starred on several travel and AAU basketball teams, including the 15U Elfrid Payton Elite (led the team to the 2018 championship). Even though Thomas played football from a young age, his father (Brian Sr.) wanted him to focus only on basketball as a freshman at Walker High School, because of Thomas’ slender size. With his high-flying dunks, Thomas was an immediate star on the basketball court and helped the team to a 38-4 record, including the 2017-18 5A state championship — the first in school history. In the title game, Thomas (20 points, eight rebounds) fueled a comeback, overtime victory and was named game MVP. He joined the football team prior to his sophomore season and started going to a trainer to help develop his frame. In his first high school game, he accounted for 278 receiving yards and three touchdowns on just four catches (69.5 yards per catch). Thomas had his most productive season as a junior with 75 receptions for 1,272 yards (17.0) and 17 touchdowns. He was named honorable mention All-State in 2019, as he led Walker to an 8-4 record. Walker played an abbreviated schedule in 2020 because of the pandemic, and Thomas finished with 32 receptions for 551 yards and nine total touchdowns. He received an invitation to the All-American Bowl and earned All-District honors three straight years. After his breakout freshman season on the basketball court, Thomas led Walker back to the title game in 2019. He surpassed 1,000 career points midway through his sophomore season and was named All-State in basketball as a junior. Thomas didn’t play basketball as a senior, but he did join the track team in 2021 and set personal bests of 11.23 seconds in the 100 meters and 22.12 in the 200.

A four-star recruit, Thomas was the No. 13 wide receiver in the 2021 recruiting class and the No. 4 recruit in Louisiana. Before he’d even played a snap of high school football, he received an offer from LSU after working out at a camp on the LSU campus in June 2018. Thomas also received high-level basketball offers (Texas A&M offered him as a freshman), but he decided that football would be his future, because it was his “love” since childhood. Thomas added football offers from several other SEC programs before narrowing down his final choice to Alabama, Georgia, LSU and Texas A&M. He kept everyone in suspense until signing day, when he officially inked with his home state Tigers. Thomas was the No. 5 recruit in former head coach Ed Orgeron’s final class at LSU. He elected to skip his senior season and enter the 2024 NFL Draft.

STRENGTHS: Outstanding size/speed athlete with fluid body movements … NFL-caliber accelerator off stutter-step release to quickly eat up grass and get over the top on man corners (his favorite route is the slot fade) … comfortably finds the ball in flight and alters his body for contortionist mid-air adjustments … plays strong to the football, and his focus doesn’t diminish with bodies around him … works back to the ball and uses box-out angles like a basketball power forward … minimal delay going from catcher to runner, which is uncommon for a “big” receiver … shows natural run instincts to make the first man miss … put some impressive blocking efforts on tape (see his full-field hustle on Jayden Daniels’ long run against Florida in 2023) … his production improved each season, peaking at 1,000-plus receiving yards in 2023 (Thomas and Malik Nabers became just the third pair of LSU receivers to reach 1,000 receiving yards in the same season, joining Ja’Marr Chase/Justin Jefferson in 2019 and Odell Beckham Jr./Jarvis Landry in 2013).

WEAKNESSES: Modest figure with room to improve his bulk … play strength will be tested by more physical press corners than he faced in college … tends to lose his footing at the top of routes and needs to sharpen his breaks … a lot of crossers and verticals on tape, and his route tree needs more branches … shows great blocking effort one play, then takes his foot off the pedal the next … benefited from an all-star supporting cast, including multiple NFL receivers and a Heisman-winning QB.

SUMMARY: A three-year starter at LSU, Thomas was primarily an outside receiver in offensive coordinator Mike Denbrock’s spread scheme, working on both sides of the formation (87.2 percent of his career snaps came outside). He showed flashes his first two seasons in Baton Rouge but took his game to another level as a junior in 2023, leading the FBS in touchdown grabs (17) — the most receiving TDs by a receiver in an FBS season since DeVonta Smith’s 23 in 2020. A former basketball recruit, Thomas has unique body movements for his size (before and after the catch) with the focus and coordination to make plays above the rim. He consistently gets on top of coverage with his quick acceleration (his 1.78-second “flying 20” was the fastest at the combine), although crisper cuts and improved leverage will help him create better separation out of breaks. Overall, Thomas plays with impressive length, fluid speed and ball-winning athleticism. If his route efficiency catches up with his natural talent, he will be a dangerous weapon in the NFL. He projects as a quality NFL starter with the upside of Tee Higgins.

GRADE: 1st Round (No. 15 overall)

9. Post thanked by:

Goobylal (04-17-2024),Historian (04-19-2024)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,005 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I'd be fine with moving back however many spots needed to gain a 3rd round pick. And then use some of our later round picks to move up in the 4th to target specific players. From what I've heard, this isn't a great draft to have late round picks.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,940 Times in 1,211 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    I'd be fine with moving back however many spots needed to gain a 3rd round pick. And then use some of our later round picks to move up in the 4th to target specific players. From what I've heard, this isn't a great draft to have late round picks.
    Not really we could offer a team like Washington our 28, 128, 134, and 144 pick.
    In return the Bills get their 36 & 67 picks.
    That give us 2 2nds and a 3rd

Thanks
    Thanked 30,587 Times in 17,462 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I really like Javon Baker.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,619 Times in 6,169 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by kgun12 View Post
    I agree, I’ve been saying all along, don’t be surprised even if they move up it’s not a WR. There are plenty of quality guys they can get in the second round and beyond at a lot of the positions of need. I’d rather move back to the early second round and get more picks in the second and/or third then trade away a lot of picks for one guy.
    All day everyday.
    FSU WR K. Coleman #33
    Utah DB C. Bishop #60
    Duke DT D. Carter #95
    Kentucky RB R.Davis #128
    Georgia C S.VanPran-Granger #141
    Washington LB Edefuan Ulofoshio #160
    Troy DE J.Solomon #168
    UCF OT T.Grable #204
    Penn ST. CB D.Hardy #219
    England OT T.Clayton #221