McDavid becomes 4th player to hit 100 assists in a season. Kucherov right behind.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mightysimi
    Buckle me in on the highway of sin
    • Mar 2010

Re: McDavid becomes 4th player to hit 100 assists in a season. Kucherov right behind

Originally posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
    When I watch clips of both, I just see more skill and creativity with Mario. But also, Mario came into the league several seasons after Gretzky and played beyond Gretzky so I think Mario spent more seasons and more prime seasons in the dead puck era. I just would take Mario.
    the goalies got awesome in 85?

2 Season's worth of games and 230 points past when Gretzky retired. I guess that's a lot but not when the guy being compared to him had 4 200 point seasons.

I think you are crazy. Maybe the highlight packages don't show the dominance.

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
      • Aug 2012

Re: McDavid becomes 4th player to hit 100 assists in a season. Kucherov right behind

Originally posted by mightysimi View Post
      the goalies got awesome in 85?

2 Season's worth of games and 230 points past when Gretzky retired. I guess that's a lot but not when the guy being compared to him had 4 200 point seasons.

I think you are crazy. Maybe the highlight packages don't show the dominance.
      Roy came into the league around that time. The goaltending got better as goalies got faster and more athletic and changed techniques. It didn't happen over night, but it really started around that time period.

I dunno, man. I just think if we aren't allowed to include goalies in BPE discussions, I go with Mario.
      Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• mightysimi
        • Mar 2010

Roy came into the league around that time. The goaltending got better as goalies got faster and more athletic and changed techniques. It didn't happen over night, but it really started around that time period.

I dunno, man. I just think if we aren't allowed to include goalies in BPE discussions, I go with Mario.
        85-96 points Lemieux - 881
        85-96 points Gretzky - 1583

Almost double. I still think you are crazy.

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
          • Aug 2012

Originally posted by mightysimi View Post
          85-96 points Lemieux - 881
          85-96 points Gretzky - 1583

Almost double. I still think you are crazy.
          How many games played? I wasn't aware of such a discrepancy
          Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• mightysimi
            • Mar 2010

How many games played? I wasn't aware of such a discrepancy
            669 for Lemieux
            780 for Gretzky

So about 1.5 seasons worth of games difference between the 2.

Comment

Working...
            X