• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Typ0
    honey pie
    • Jul 2002

Re: Lindy Ruff hired as coach

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
    That's fair. But Lindy also couldn't win it all with the best goalie (arguably) in NHL history in net either. Bringing Peca in as an assistant probably is a better move, though.
    You know the best player on the team not in net sat out a year of that time because the ****ed up management of the team wanted to be the ones to make a stand for the NHL right? And these guys are still paying the price.

Historian is right Ruff coming on board here is exciting. The guy is a good coach. I can't wait to see what he does with the roster either.

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
      • Aug 2012

Re: Lindy Ruff hired as coach

Originally posted by Typ0 View Post
      You know the best player on the team not in net sat out a year of that time because the ****ed up management of the team wanted to be the ones to make a stand for the NHL right? And these guys are still paying the price.

Historian is right Ruff coming on board here is exciting. The guy is a good coach. I can't wait to see what he does with the roster either.
      Peca being signed in 2000-2001 would have sent the Sabres to the SCF. I will die on this hill.

They lost in the second round to the Pens in OT in Game 7. The sabres were the better team. Having Peca play his amazing defense and solid offense would have been the push the Sabres needed to get past Pitt. And the play NJ in the ECF. Buffalo played NJ extremely well that season. I believe they swept the season series (though that matters not, because the Flyers swept the season series, and the Sabres dismantled them in the ECQF)

I still believe Peca was the difference between a conference semi-finalist, and an Eastern Conference Championship and maybe more.
      Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

Working...
      X