Brian Thomas Jr. (or your ideal first rounder) might need surgery. still take him?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mad Max
    Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
    • Mar 2003

Brian Thomas Jr. (or your ideal first rounder) might need surgery. still take him?

So according to Albert Breer both Thomas and Nabers have injured left shoulders and they might need surgery.

Would you still spend 28 on Thomas?

Would you still move up for either?

Here’s my take. I’m normally very averse to injured guys in the first BUT depending on the severity of the injury I’d still take Thomas at 28.

I wouldn’t move up for him. He’s good enough that I’d be willing to take the risk at 28 but not good enough to risk more draft capital.

• sukie
    Seriously?
    • Sep 2012

Re: Brian Thomas Jr. (or your ideal first rounder) might need surgery. still take him

Isn’t he the guy with a spotty body of work? Like last year we break out on deep routes pretty exclusively?

Comment

• Goobylal
      • Jan 2004

Re: Brian Thomas Jr. (or your ideal first rounder) might need surgery. still take him

Nope. Off my board, at least for the first round.

Comment

• Mad Max
        Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Goobylal View Post
        Nope. Off my board, at least for the first round.
        Ya, I’m very conflicted on this one (I’ve been injury averse since Willis Mcgahee).

Tjr. is a superb talent, we have a dire need at the position AND he won’t be around past the first round.

With other injuries I’m an automatic pass (like neck, Achilles and back) but shoulders injuries (unless they’re shredded rotators) are pretty common and if his or any other elite player has a minor one I’d at least consider it.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
          Unreachable Douche
          • Jul 2002

If it drops them to 28 and will be ready for opening day then go ahead and draft them.

Comment

• Woodman
            Legendary Zoner
            • Apr 2014

Surgery oh ****!!!!

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
              • Mar 2004

Depends on when they'd be ready to play.

Comment

• Mad Max
                Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
                • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
                Depends on when they'd be ready to play.
                Here’s a quote from the article:

“Both of LSU’s star receivers, Brian Thomas Jr. and Malik Nabers, have issues with their left shoulders. The risk here is considered relatively minimal—in both cases, there’s a chance the player may have to have the shoulder surgically repaired after the 2024 season…”

Comment

• sukie
                  Seriously?
                  • Sep 2012

So why did BTJ break out last year after the years before were meh?

Comment

• killabuf
                    • Mar 2023

McConkey legette or worthy need one of these guys. Il take any of them where ever how ever.

Comment

• Bill Cody
                      • Sep 2004

Yes

Comment

• sahlensguy
                        • Mar 2015

Didn't stop us from drafting Lawson.

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
                          • Mar 2004

There's not enough info to affect me here. There's a LOT of variation in what this could mean.

i'm not overly concerned. If it were serious you'd hear a lot more about it, i suspect.

Comment

• Turf
                            • Jul 2002

No more McGahee moves for me in the 1st.
                            Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• Goobylal
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by sahlensguy View Post
                              Didn't stop us from drafting Lawson.
                              Correction, it didn't stop Whaley and Ryan from drafting him.

Comment

Working...
                              X