Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Stop Trading With the Chiefs!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,402 Times in 3,871 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Stop Trading With the Chiefs!

Quote Originally Posted by Novacane View Post
    They probably could have just sat at 32 and gotten him.
    They probably could have traded back from 32 and got him, or another good player.

I mean if they want to just give us their 3rd rounder, we'll take it - they owe us...

2. Post thanked by:

kgun12 (04-26-2024)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,872 Times in 3,516 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

My entire point is that if Andy Reed and Co. are willing to trade up for a guy, maybe we should have interest in that guy. The Chiefs know what they’re doing and they’re taking advantage of us.

Registered User Forward_Lateral's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,100 Times in 4,288 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by jamze132 View Post
    My entire point is that if Andy Reed and Co. are willing to trade up for a guy, maybe we should have interest in that guy. The Chiefs know what they’re doing and they’re taking advantage of us.
    Really? Because Buffalo wasn't taking Worthy, clearly, and I highly doubt any of the teams behind the Bills were. So, who took advantage of who?

5. Post thanked by:

kgun12 (04-26-2024)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,435 Times in 1,519 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Come on now. You spent the whole year of your entire scouting team, gathering info, interview people, visits, grading each player, building the draft boards. Now at the very last second of drafting, you throw all that out because the Chiefs wanting to trade with you. If that's the case, you have bigger problems. Might as well fire your scouting department, Branden Beane included, and go out to hire the Chiefs scouting department, like double their pay.

7. Post thanked by:

kgun12 (04-26-2024)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,942 Times in 1,214 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Because they can take a chance on a player, they already have the ring. Worthy has more down side potential than upside.
    Retired Air Traffic Controller
    USAF VETERAN
    DAV

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

So. Bill Belichick's drafts were rated better than everybody else's because he was Bill Belichick. How did they always work out?
    Last edited by sahlensguy; 04-26-2024 at 11:42 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 30,617 Times in 17,484 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Historian View Post
    Okay, so we still need a WR.

Who do you take....the kid from Texas?
    I don't. Javon Baker would be my next WR target, later.

Quote Originally Posted by ghz in pittsburgh View Post
    I posted in another thread on what Belichick commented on it when asked the exact question of trading with your biggest rival (the question referred to Pats and Colts in brady vs Manning era). Belichick said your worry about building your team, not about messing up the other team. True words of a confident champion in my opinion.
    Belicheck has a drawer full of rings, he kinda gets the benefit of the doubt. KC also. We have zilch.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

11. Post thanked by:

jamze132 (04-26-2024)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,207 Times in 5,931 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

KC has been struggling at WR for some time. Not sure if the above is true.

Registered User Forward_Lateral's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,100 Times in 4,288 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by sukie View Post
    KC has been struggling at WR for some time. Not sure if the above is true.
    They've made one good WR pick in Hill.

The rest have been meh.

Not to mention they thought Toney would be good and traded for him

14. Post thanked by:

sukie (04-26-2024)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,731 Times in 7,783 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I suspect that the Bills FLEECED KC. Of course we will only know in time.

Xavier Worthy has bust written al over him. The Chiefs did a MAJOR reach, and seem blinded by his speed.

The draft analyst I respect the most, The Athletic's Dane Brugler, has him ranked as the #10 WR and #50 overall. He has him graded as a "2nd-3rd round" player. Brugler's weaknesses and summary...

Slender, thin body type with minimal bulk on his frame … below-average play strength and physicality, especially with crowded catch points (converted just five of his 21 contested targets in 2023) … prematurely takes his eyes off the ball, leading to focus drops … inconsistent climbing the ladder and pulling down throws … often goes backwards at contact … long-term durability will be questioned by some, because of his size … played through a broken right hand (October 2022) in the second half of his sophomore season and required a cast after the season (healed without surgery) … three fumble s on offense and two muffed punt returns over his career … had more 100-yard receiving games as a freshman (four) than in his sophomore and junior seasons combined (three).

SUMMARY: A three-year starter at Texas, Worthy worked both inside and outside in head coach Steve Sarkisian’s spread, RPO offense (59.9 percent wide, 39.9 percent slot in 2023). An immediate contributor the moment he arrived in Austin, he finished No. 3 in school history in touchdown catches (26) and No. 4 in receiving yards (2,755). He also became just the second player in Texas history with three seasons of 60-plus receptions. Using his ability to weaponize his burst and breakaway speed, Worthy can win deep, separate out of breaks with full-speed route cuts or stick his foot in the ground and fly with the ball in his hands. Despite being a blur across the field, though, just 18.7 percent of his catches in 2023 resulted in a 20-plus-yard play. He tracks the ball well, but he won’t win in many 50-50 situations and needs space at the catch point to be effective. Overall, Worthy doesn’t have ideal size, toughness or play strength, but his dynamic speed and playmaking instincts make him a threat as both a wide receiver and return man. He doesn’t have the body of work of DeSean Jackson, but he teases similar flashes.

GRADE: 2nd-3rd Round (No. 50 overall)

Kinda looks like a twin of Kardarius Toney.

Maybe they see him as a kick returner.

Three WR's on the board are graded higher than Worthy...AND Ricky Pearsall (#31 to SanFran) AND Xavier Legette (#32 to CAR)...

#5 - Ladd McConkey
    #6 - Adonai Mitchell
    #7 - Keon Coleman

The Bills SIGNIFICANTLY improved the value of their later round picks, with the added bonus of not adding any picks as it's doubtful they have room on their roster for 10 rookies.

They did MUCH better (including the trade with CAR...hat tip to Joe B.) because the Bills improved a late fourth-round pick (No. 133) into a late third-round selection (No. 95), a late sixth-round pick (No. 200) into an early fifth-round pick (No. 141) and a late seventh-round pick (No. 248) into the top pick in the seventh round (No. 221). They now have pick Nos. 33, 60, 95, 128, 141, 144, 160, 163, 204 and 221 spread across Day 2 on Friday and Day 3 on Saturday.

Now, the fully realize the benefit of trading back, Beane has to hit on several of the picks on day two and three.

In any event, KC was going to get their guy, best for the Bills that they get something of value in the meantime.

16. Post thanked by:

sahlensguy (04-26-2024)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,731 Times in 7,783 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Historian View Post
    I might feel that way if Diggs were still on the roster.

Unfortunately, we had a chance to fill a GAPING hole at WR, and wimped out.

I kinda wonder what Allen is thinking this morning.

Picture him hitting this kid in stride.

Instead, we let the fastest WR in the draft go to our chief competitor (literally).
    There is ZERO evidence that the Bills cannot fill that "GAPING hole at WR" with a WR that may turn out to be BETTER than the three that were drafted after Brain Thomas.

I would have been MORE pissed off if the Bills drafted ANY of the three....Worthy, Pearsall and Legette.

McConkey, Coleman and Mitchell are more suitable for the Bills.

I suspect that Keon Coleman might be the pick at #33.

But, I will not be surprised (or upset) if the Bills opt for a non-WR as there are several very good players on the board like...

Cooper DeJean DB (could move to S)
    Jackson Powers-Johnson C/G
    Johnny Newton DT

Today is going to be very interesting.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,459 Times in 7,309 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

They made a great draft pick 7 years ago and Reed is a better coach than McDermott. That's why they've won 3 SB. That doesn't mean they are any better at knowing what they're doing on draft day than Beane is. I'm sure we could go through their draft history and find lots of misses.

19. Post thanked by:

sukie (04-26-2024)

Thanks
    Thanked 30,617 Times in 17,484 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

"Hello, Terry? Yeah, it's Roger. Look, KC is kind of in a jam with this Rice thingie, and they're starting to get nervous that the kid from Texas they covet isn't going to last until #32, so here's what you're going to have your GM do....."

Thanks
    Thanked 9,207 Times in 5,931 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    There is ZERO evidence that the Bills cannot fill that "GAPING hole at WR" with a WR that may turn out to be BETTER than the three that were drafted after Brain Thomas.

I would have been MORE pissed off if the Bills drafted ANY of the three....Worthy, Pearsall and Legette.

McConkey, Coleman and Mitchell are more suitable for the Bills.

I suspect that Keon Coleman might be the pick at #33.

But, I will not be surprised (or upset) if the Bills opt for a non-WR as there are several very good players on the board like...

Cooper DeJean DB (could move to S)
    Jackson Powers-Johnson C/G
    Johnny Newton DT

Today is going to be very interesting.
    There will be a move up today… I feel it somewhere

Thanks
    Thanked 5,872 Times in 3,516 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I trust Andy Reed’s decision making because he’s already proven that his draft picks are good enough to win Super Bowls.

Obviously only time will tell how this trade will turn out…it’s just my initial opinion.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Can you believe Chiefs gave Bills Coleman and Carter for a marginal WR?
    The Things that unite us are far greater than the things that divide us. Just my 2 Cents.

"The Force, it's calling to you. Just let it in." - Maz Kanata: Star Wars VII The Force Awakens

"'Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum." - Winston Scott in John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum

#Cup or Bust 2024 #Bowl or Bust 2024 - It is the way.

24. Post thanked by:

notacon (04-27-2024)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by daryls61 View Post
    Can you believe Chiefs gave Bills Coleman and Carter for a marginal WR?
    Carter is so meh, it's hard to call this trade a win. But Coleman > Xavier. Beane could have just taken Coleman at 28 and called it a day. The net result would be the same.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,652 Times in 6,197 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by sukie View Post
    This was an awesome trade. KC would have gotten Worthy at 32 without losing 40 positions out of the 3rd and 20 positions later. KC gave up needless positions for nothing.
    Exactly they were the dumb asses on this one.

Wasting resources keep it going.

Love the big money they gave Kelce as well.
    FSU WR Coleman #33
    Utah DB Bishop #60
    Duke DT Carter #95
    Kentucky RB Davis #128
    Georgia C Granger #141
    Wash LB Ulofoshio #160
    Troy DE Solomon #168
    UCF OT Grable #204
    Penn ST. CB Hardy #219
    Eng. OT Clayton #221