Seriously?
    • Sep 2012

Re: Some thoughts on Day 1

There are probably offers for 33

Comment

• notacon
      • Aug 2012

As I said in another thread, I suspect the Bills FLEECED KC.

They can have Worthy. Same with Pearsall and Legette.

Better WR's than all of those the are still on the board.

Of course, we will not know for a year or two.

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by notacon View Post

Of course you think we fleeced KC. You always see everthing from the homer perspective.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by notacon View Post

Of course you think we fleeced KC. You always see everthing from the homer perspective.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• cookie G
          • Mar 2003

I agree with you about the KC trade. You really don't need to help the team who knocked you out of the playoffs 3 times any help.

I don't see a trade where you basically trade down...so you can trade up from the 4th round to the 3rd round with your arch rival.

Big picture to me:

this has become a must hit situation.

He just traded his best WR;
          He passed over 3 WR's and didn't trade up for one who fell past 20...

He better hope..

-whoever he has targeted in the 2nd better be better than who he passed over with the trades.
          -Especially with the KC trade, he better hope those guys bust out.

There isn't any wiggle room here. IF this doesn't work, there will be no "we didn't like him:" or "the draft is a crap shoot" or "he wasn't as high on our board" or god forbid, "we liked this CB better than the WRs who were there".

This doesn't work, none of that matters a damned. This works or it doesn't.

And personally, if it doesn't I'd consider it a move worthy of firing.

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by sukie View Post
            There are probably offers for 33
            Give the Commanders our 33 for their 36 and their 67 (3rd rd)
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Op, you cannot possibly include legette in you 3 WR taken between 28-32. I agree that we didn’t want Worthy so to move up 40 spots to get into the 3rd and 20 spots later was stealing from KC. We were not gonna draft him

Legette went BECAUSE we didn’t want him so we robbed Carolina as well.

Now you have Franklin Mitchell and McConkey sitting there with better picks to follow and a chance to move up with all those 5s
              Point is… KC thought worthy was worthy (uggh… no pun intended) of 28. SF thought Pearsall was worthy of 31. Beane didnt think either was worthy of 28.

Carolina thought Legette was worthy of 32. Beane did not.

However you phrase it, 3 teams clearly had very different draft boards than the Bills. Carolina- who knows? They’re rebuilding and haven’t been ver good lately. But we know KC and SF have good FO’s.

It’s waaaaayyyy too early to tell who was right. But it seems odd to me that 3 other professionals had the same opinion while Beane had a different one.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• kgun12
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

But he's right don't you know, he's a ledgend in his own mind!
                Retired Air Traffic Controller
                USAF VETERAN
                DAV

Comment

• Historian
                  2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                  • Dec 2002

Originally posted by cookie G View Post
                  I agree with you about the KC trade. You really don't need to help the team who knocked you out of the playoffs 3 times any help.

I don't see a trade where you basically trade down...so you can trade up from the 4th round to the 3rd round with your arch rival.

Big picture to me:

this has become a must hit situation.

He just traded his best WR;
                  He passed over 3 WR's and didn't trade up for one who fell past 20...

He better hope..

-whoever he has targeted in the 2nd better be better than who he passed over with the trades.
                  -Especially with the KC trade, he better hope those guys bust out.

There isn't any wiggle room here. IF this doesn't work, there will be no "we didn't like him:" or "the draft is a crap shoot" or "he wasn't as high on our board" or god forbid, "we liked this CB better than the WRs who were there".

This doesn't work, none of that matters a damned. This works or it doesn't.

And personally, if it doesn't I'd consider it a move worthy of firing.
                  Agree on all counts.

He has now backed himself into a corner, (much like the team last year) where his strategy had better work.

And if it doesn't work, yes, he should be terminated.

Comment

• POTLAND PSILBYLO
                    Asst to Dean Vernon Wormer
                    • Nov 2012

He's the Anti-Op. You see everything from the jilted girlfriend perspective.
                    Last edited by POTLAND PSILBYLO; 04-26-2024, 04:41 PM. Reason: to spread mustard secretly between each letter

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by POTLAND PSILBYLO View Post
                      He's the Anti-Op. You see everything from the jilted girlfriend perspective.
                      I see it as more of a post-“battered woman syndrome” scenario.

Battered women always believe the “this time will be better!” line. I keep coming back for the abuse but I no longer believe that it can stop.

The abuse changed from being pummeled and thrown down the steps to merely a huge kick in the nuts on an annual basis. Nota takes the kick in the nuts and tells everybody that it’s really a form of receiving oral sex.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• sukie
                        Seriously?
                        • Sep 2012

Had the bills stayed at 28. The Chiefs most likely would have gotten Worthy anyway and Pearsall could easily have been selected at 33. Buffalo could have selected Mitchell, legette Franklin or Mcconkey.

do you buy the likelihood of that premise? If so then look at it this way, today we pick 60 and done for the day.

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

Had the bills stayed at 28. The Chiefs most likely would have gotten Worthy anyway and Pearsall could easily have been selected at 33. Buffalo could have selected Mitchell, legette Franklin or Mcconkey.

do you buy the likelihood of that premise? If so then look at it this way, today we pick 60 and done for the day.
                          No I don’t buy it. The Chiefs had to have reason to believe they couldn’t have gotten Worthy if they stayed put. Otherwise, they wouldn’t have given us anything to trade up.

SF took a WR so they probably would have taken Worthy if we didn’t.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• sukie
                            Seriously?
                            • Sep 2012

No I don’t buy it. The Chiefs had to have reason to believe they couldn’t have gotten Worthy if they stayed put. Otherwise, they wouldn’t have given us anything to trade up.

SF took a WR so they probably would have taken Worthy if we didn’t.
                            Speculating but let’s say you are right. Buffalo didn’t want Worthy and preferred to move way up in today’s draft. WAY up.

meaning KC moved way back today.

as far at Carolina. That was a reach pick. And I can only understand the move if they want the optional 5th year option. What value does 33-32 get you?

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

Speculating but let’s say you are right. Buffalo didn’t want Worthy and preferred to move way up in today’s draft. WAY up.

meaning KC moved way back today.

as far at Carolina. That was a reach pick. And I can only understand the move if they want the optional 5th year option. What value does 33-32 get you?
                              It’s quite simple. Carolina wanted a WR. They know we need a WR. They thought Legette was worth it, Beane didn’t.

As far as KC, if the guy they picked gets 75 yards and a TD in another playoff loss to them, no one is gonna care that they moved back on day 2 of the draft.
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• kgun12
                                • Jul 2002

It’s quite simple. Carolina wanted a WR. They know we need a WR. They thought Legette was worth it, Beane didn’t.

As far as KC, if the guy they picked gets 75 yards and a TD in another playoff loss to them, no one is gonna care that they moved back on day 2 of the draft.
                                Or the pick they got for the trade down is a CB and intercepts Mahomes or the DL sacks Mahomes to preserve the win or the WR catches the game win TD in the playoff win against KC?
                                Retired Air Traffic Controller
                                USAF VETERAN
                                DAV

Comment

Working...
                                X