• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sukie
    Seriously?
    • Sep 2012

Re: Some thoughts on Day 1

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
    It’s quite simple. Carolina wanted a WR. They know we need a WR. They thought Legette was worth it, Beane didn’t.

As far as KC, if the guy they picked gets 75 yards and a TD in another playoff loss to them, no one is gonna care that they moved back on day 2 of the draft.
    So Beane fleeced Carolina for a better pick position today. I would have been fine had they chosen who they are going to pick today at 7:05. But 32 or 33 makes no difference EXCEPT draft position improved.

Comment

• kgun12
      • Jul 2002

No I don’t buy it. The Chiefs had to have reason to believe they couldn’t have gotten Worthy if they stayed put. Otherwise, they wouldn’t have given us anything to trade up.

SF took a WR so they probably would have taken Worthy if we didn’t.
      Here's what you and others are missing, if Bean wanted either of those WR's, he doesn't make at least on of those trades!
      Retired Air Traffic Controller
      USAF VETERAN
      DAV

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

We traded down and got a WR, 3 other teams traded up to get WR’s within about 7 picks, so maybe there’s something to that.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by kgun12 View Post
          Here's what you and others are missing, if Bean wanted either of those WR's, he doesn't make at least on of those trades!
          Well other teams wanted those guys and Beane didn’t. So who’s right? Beane, or the 3 other teams that thought WR’s were worthy of those picks? Time will tell, but when it’s 3 experts vs 1, usually the 3 are right.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• kgun12
            • Jul 2002

Well other teams wanted those guys and Beane didn’t. So who’s right? Beane, or the 3 other teams that thought WR’s were worthy of those picks? Time will tell, but when it’s 3 experts vs 1, usually the 3 are right.
            It's a crap shoot, no one knows, look at the busts vs the ones that make it.
            Retired Air Traffic Controller
            USAF VETERAN
            DAV

Comment

• sahlensguy
              • Mar 2015

Oh it’s def too early to judge. Beane has a lot of picks over the next two days. He can still get some good players and he still could potentially trade the pick for an existing player (although the cap situation makes that unlikely).

I’m not passing judgment yet. I’m just a little confused as to why our draft board was so much different than others in terms of the WR’s available at the end of the first
              So we traded back with KC to get Coleman (who I like) and Carter (who's just a body and no more).

Beane's use of the trade assets doesn't look too smart, tbh.

Comment

• sahlensguy
                • Mar 2015

So was the strategy to trade back behind these other great teams who also need wr and take the scraps?

I like Coleman and think he's a good fit, but still...

We squandered that 3rd round pick on a backup, if we're lucky.

Comment

• notacon
                  • Aug 2012

Of course you think we fleeced KC. You always see everthing from the homer perspective.

- - - Updated - - -

Of course you think we fleeced KC. You always see everthing from the homer perspective.
                  Except you assertion that "You always see everything from the homer perspective." is 100% false. You keep on showing that you have NO IDEA what "homer" even means.

BTW....you (as usual) are misrepresenting what I actually wrote.

I did not say I "think we fleeced KC."...I said " I suspect the Bills fleeced KC".

Do you understand what "suspect" means????

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by notacon View Post
                    Except you assertion that "You always see everything from the homer perspective." is 100% false. You keep on showing that you have NO IDEA what "homer" even means.

BTW....you (as usual) are misrepresenting what I actually wrote.

I did not say I "think we fleeced KC."...I said " I suspect the Bills fleeced KC".

Do you understand what "suspect" means????
                    Really? You're going to split hairs over semantics?

And of course it's the homer perspective. Within hours after it happened- long before either guy even puts cleats on for practice, you come in with "KC pick (suspected) bad, Buffalo pick good."
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by sahlensguy View Post
                      So we traded back with KC to get Coleman (who I like) and Carter (who's just a body and no more).

Beane's use of the trade assets doesn't look too smart, tbh.
                      We were already behind KC and other teams with the roster we had last season.

We had to part ways with a lot of guys due to the cap, injuries, guys aging out, etc.

With the cap situation, the only way to make up that talent gap was the draft and it's really just not possible.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• notacon
                        • Aug 2012

Really? You're going to split hairs over semantics?

And of course it's the homer perspective. Within hours after it happened- long before either guy even puts cleats on for practice, you come in with "KC pick (suspected) bad, Buffalo pick good."
                        You bet your ass I am. Because I purposely choose my words carefully.

You usually do not, making absurd declarative statements (in predictions) that the majority of the time are total bull****!!!!

Like this one....

The Bills won’t make the playoffs. Mark it now.

I suspect that THIS one is going to look very stupid in about 8 months (probably sooner).

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by notacon View Post
                          You bet your ass I am. Because I purposely choose my words carefully.

You usually do not, making absurd declarative statements (in predictions) that the majority of the time are total bull****!!!!

Like this one....

I suspect that THIS one is going to look very stupid in about 8 months (probably sooner).
                          I changed my mind on that almost immediately, because when I said it I wasn’t thinking abound how crappy our div is. We will make the playoffs because of the sheer luck of the div being weak this year, and whoever comes in 2nd in the AFCN will kick the crap out of us in the first round.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• FanBack
                            • May 2023

I changed my mind on that almost immediately, because when I said it I wasn’t thinking abound how crappy our div is. We will make the playoffs because of the sheer luck of the div being weak this year, and whoever comes in 2nd in the AFCN will kick the crap out of us in the first round.
                            Baltimore? Please, Chokebox Hero Lamar Jackson will seal the win for us.

Cincinnati? Maybe; but we looked better against them this last year. I don't think Brady will get owned by Anarumo the way that Dorsey did. McDermott certainly fared better than Frazier.

Being negative vs. positive is no guarantee of accuracy or objectivity.

Comment

• FanBack
                              • May 2023

Originally posted by FanBack View Post

Cincinnati? Maybe; but we looked better against them this last year. I don't think Brady will get owned by Anarumo the way that Dorsey did. McDermott certainly fared better than Frazier.

That last line is a keeper. How does FanBack do it?
                              Last edited by FanBack; 05-01-2024, 02:03 PM. Reason: Betterment

Comment

• OpIv37
                                Acid Douching Asswipe
                                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by FanBack View Post

I’m not being negative. I’m being realistic. Cincy owns us. We beat Baltimore in ‘22 (I was there) but since then, they’ve gotten better, Lamar has gotten better, and we lost talent and experience that we couldn’t replace due to the cap situation.
                                MiKiDo Facebook
                                MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                                X