• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • notacon
    • Aug 2012

Re: Keon Coleman

Originally posted by sahlensguy View Post
    Agreed. Coleman came from nothing and worked for basically everything he's gotten so far. When he talks about earning opportunities he seems sincere.

AD Mitchell may be the steal of the draft, honestly. But it would be only because he's a complete psychopath.
    In Mitchell's (slight) defense. Seems like most of his issues arise from him being a Type 1 diabetic.

Comment

• Jeff1220
      H to the 12:20
      • Jul 2002

The rumblings were that he didn't always give full effort both on the field and in terms of managing his diabetes.

Adonai Mitchell plummeted all the way to the No. 52 overall pick in the NFL Draft despite being projected as a consensus first-round selection, a fall reportedly impacted by behavioral concerns

It's not that he's diabetic; it's that he doesn't seem to take the best care of it which results in a cranky, less-than-full-effort player.

Comment

• sahlensguy
        • Mar 2015

Originally posted by notacon View Post
        In Mitchell's (slight) defense. Seems like most of his issues arise from him being a Type 1 diabetic.
        There's probably plenty of type 1 diabetics or pro athletes, who are coachable.

All the talent in the world with reports of a bad attitude. I wouldn't have touched him with a 10-ft pool. It probably won't end well for the Colts.

Comment

• sahlensguy
          • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Jeff1220 View Post
          The rumblings were that he didn't always give full effort both on the field and in terms of managing his diabetes.

Adonai Mitchell plummeted all the way to the No. 52 overall pick in the NFL Draft despite being projected as a consensus first-round selection, a fall reportedly impacted by behavioral concerns

It's not that he's diabetic; it's that he doesn't seem to take the best care of it which results in a cranky, less-than-full-effort player.
          It's easy to excuse his bad attitude on the mismanagement of his diabetes.

But his bad attitude just might be because he thinks he's better than everybody else. Including his coaches.

Comment

• Mad Max
            Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
            • Mar 2003

All the talent in the world with reports of a bad attitude. I wouldn't have touched him with a 10-ft pool. It probably won't end well for the Colts.
            Patrick Peterson formerly of the Cardinals had it as did Adam Duvall from the Braves that I know of and I know there are a bunch more.

I agree with you on attitude. If someone shows you who they are believe them.

Comment

• cas22
              • Jul 2005

I don't no what all the fuss is about Mitchell, in his college career he had a total of 93 rec for 1400 yards, being he played for Georgia and Texas and was suppose to go to ole Miss .

Mitchell will be a Zay Jones type of WR at his best if he is lucky, If I had to put money on a WR that got drafted this year that was gonna be a star I put it on Ricky Persall.... the kid wasn't surrounded by great talent or have great quarterbacking like Harrison and the duo from LSU.....

thats what I look at, raw talent that stands out on bad teams like Allen coming out..... some of these guys like M Harrison get over hyped because of stats and then in his situation his name also...

Comment

• YardRat
                Well, lookie here...
                • Dec 2004

They need to keep this kid as far away from Dawkins as possible. The last thing we need is for him to be another clown show sidekick to the "Shnoman" like McKenzie.

And I've never been impressed with Cover1 either.
                YardRat Wall of Fame
                #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• YardRat
                  Well, lookie here...
                  • Dec 2004

Originally posted by cookie G View Post
                  what isn't there is...separation. He had one deep ball against Syracuse where the DB might have tripped or was fooled. But on the vast majority of passes, defenders are within a yard or two of him. He certainly makes some contested catches, but he also misses on many of them. Id be surprised if his contested catch rate was even close to 50%. And that doesn't bode well for a guy who has to make a contested catch on nearly every target.

The 4.6 40 shows up on tape. Sorry.
                  I'm as skeptical as many with how this kid is going to translate to the next level, but I will say something positive...he may not create separation with speed, but he finds the open spots against zone and creates space (a kind of separation on it's own) with his body. With the league apparently transitioning to more 2 and 3 deep shells that might be a more favorable skill set than blazing speed. And it will probably take him longer to adjust to the better coverage guys in the NFL, not being able to just outrun them.
                  YardRat Wall of Fame
                  #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                    I'm as skeptical as many with how this kid is going to translate to the next level, but I will say something positive...he may not create separation with speed, but he finds the open spots against zone and creates space (a kind of separation on it's own) with his body. With the league apparently transitioning to more 2 and 3 deep shells that might be a more favorable skill set than blazing speed. And it will probably take him longer to adjust to the better coverage guys in the NFL, not being able to just outrun them.
                    I am assuming his size and athleticism is what Brady covets in creating mismatches . There also Kincaid. It's up to Allen to exploit those mismatches
                    sacrifice1
                    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• sukie
                      Seriously?
                      • Sep 2012

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                      They need to keep this kid as far away from Dawkins as possible. The last thing we need is for him to be another clown show sidekick to the "Shnoman" like McKenzie.

And I've never been impressed with Cover1 either.
                      That guy with the handle “Tardrat” , He kinda blows! ~Cover1

Comment

• YardRat
                        Well, lookie here...
                        • Dec 2004

Originally posted by sukie View Post
                        That guy with the handle “Tardrat” , He kinda blows! ~Cover1
                        They wish they had my knowledge, expertise and insight. Would be an instant upgrade.
                        YardRat Wall of Fame
                        #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

• notacon
                          • Aug 2012

Probably. So what? I did say it was a "slight" defense.

He's not on my team and that's a good thing.

Comment

• Bill Cody
                            • Sep 2004

Originally posted by cookie G View Post
                            what isn't there is...separation. He had one deep ball against Syracuse where the DB might have tripped or was fooled. But on the vast majority of passes, defenders are within a yard or two of him. He certainly makes some contested catches, but he also misses on many of them. Id be surprised if his contested catch rate was even close to 50%. And that doesn't bode well for a guy who has to make a contested catch on nearly every target.

The 4.6 40 shows up on tape. Sorry.
                            I just think we need to manage expectations of how he's going to be used. He's probably not going to be a deep ball threat. He could very well end up being a slot guy. Which is ok, he may be able to create mismatches on slants and other mid range throws. We don't have an obvious direct replacement on the roster for Diggs. But it could be Shakir that is better suited to the outside than Coleman. Coleman seems to have a strong burst so the slot may be where he's a cross between a Kincaid and a Gabe Davis. The 40 time may only matter on deep throws. So maybe he's more of a chain moving red zone monster. I think we'd all take that right now

Comment

• sahlensguy
                              • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Bill Cody View Post
                              I just think we need to manage expectations of how he's going to be used. He's probably not going to be a deep ball threat. He could very well end up being a slot guy. Which is ok, he may be able to create mismatches on slants and other mid range throws. We don't have an obvious direct replacement on the roster for Diggs. But it could be Shakir that is better suited to the outside than Coleman. Coleman seems to have a strong burst so the slot may be where he's a cross between a Kincaid and a Gabe Davis. The 40 time may only matter on deep throws. So maybe he's more of a chain moving red zone monster. I think we'd all take that right now
                              He needs to be developed. It will take time. Probably won't stretch the field and he wasn't used in the slot at Florida. Isn't a great route runner. He's built for a big slot role, but it's not who he was in college. So...

He's not going to mesh with Josh's ability right away. He won't be a Kincaid his rookie year.

I do like the pick and the player, though.

Still don't believe we didn't also pick Johnny Wilson.

Comment

• Mad Max
                                Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
                                • Mar 2003

Interested in some outside (of Billszone and mostly non Bills fans) opinions on Keon before the draft?

Some very interesting thoughts. Such as “slower 40 but fourth fastest on all of his routes”, “tied for second on his go route” -drainbead78

Comment

Working...
                                X