• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mad Max
    Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
    • Mar 2003

Re: Keon Coleman

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh View Post
    In depth analysis of Coleman from cover 1 with film etc. I think it is fair.
    “It should open up things down the field or up the middle”
    ”He doesn’t fight the ball”

my favorite quotes from the video

Comment

• cookie G
      • Mar 2003

what isn't there is...separation. He had one deep ball against Syracuse where the DB might have tripped or was fooled. But on the vast majority of passes, defenders are within a yard or two of him. He certainly makes some contested catches, but he also misses on many of them. Id be surprised if his contested catch rate was even close to 50%. And that doesn't bode well for a guy who has to make a contested catch on nearly every target.

The 4.6 40 shows up on tape. Sorry.

Comment

• sahlensguy
        • Mar 2015

Originally posted by cookie G View Post

what isn't there is...separation. He had one deep ball against Syracuse where the DB might have tripped or was fooled. But on the vast majority of passes, defenders are within a yard or two of him. He certainly makes some contested catches, but he also misses on many of them. Id be surprised if his contested catch rate was even close to 50%. And that doesn't bode well for a guy who has to make a contested catch on nearly every target.

The 4.6 40 shows up on tape. Sorry.
        His speed shows up during the gauntlet drill. Unfortunately, that's not Josh's ball.

Comment

• Mad Max
          Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by sahlensguy View Post
          His speed shows up during the gauntlet drill. Unfortunately, that's not Josh's ball.
          I don’t buy the “Josh doesn’t do that” argument.

He’s only 27, and although he’s not as cerebral as Manning or Young he’s certainly no dummy and therefore will be able to learn/adapt.

I think Brady is the key here, it’s up to him to set up an offense that best utilizes the strengths of all of these weapons.

Comment

• sahlensguy
            • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Mad Max View Post
            I don’t buy the “Josh doesn’t do that” argument.

He’s only 27, and although he’s not as cerebral as Manning or Young he’s certainly no dummy and therefore will be able to learn/adapt.

I think Brady is the key here, it’s up to him to set up an offense that best utilizes the strengths of all of these weapons.
            I don't think Josh hits those WRs in stride on crosses and slants, which Coleman's gauntlet drill skill showcased. It's just not his ball.

Like the Cover 1 analysts said, Josh likes to throw to receivers who flash open. We've seen that his whole career and there is nothing wrong with that.

Coleman's skillet and Josh's skillet don't mesh. Yet.

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
              • Aug 2004

My opinion:

When Josh execute the play as called, protection is good, he is accurate. All of those Cole Beasley connections are evidence.

When 1st couple reads are not there, or protection breaks down (quite often until last year), Josh is into the improvise-mode and really good at getting the ball to those who flash open. This is the kind of delicate balance I don't think he has achieved: there are times that if he stays in the pocket just 1/10 of a second longer, he might have a play there, Brady, Manning are the best in those world. Buy Josh/Mahomes had so much success on the off-script plays, it's hard to find the balance. And you see teams are starting to adapt to defend that style.

Comment

• Mad Max
                Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
                • Mar 2003

Another tidbit. His number “0” will be the first time in history that a Bills player has worn that number during the season.

Comment

• Turf
                  • Jul 2002

I hope he just isn't all talk and no work. Gut feeling has me a bit concerned but I'll set it aside and watch.
                  Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• sukie
                    Seriously?
                    • Sep 2012

My gut feeling is awesome anticipation.

Comment

• Ingtar33
                      Dances With Buffaloes
                      • Sep 2002

Like the Cover 1 analysts said, Josh likes to throw to receivers who flash open.
                      Josh throws so many guys open I'm tired of hearing this bull**** take. I don't know who the guys at cover1 are, but I've seen their stuff and it's amateurs hour over there. there is a lot of Monday morning QBing going on in their videos with the aid of the all 22. they talk like they've never played or coached QB before. and it's irritating to see them quoted so much. the reality is it's physically and mentally impossible to view the game like an all 22.

don't get me wrong. for amateurs they aren't bad. but they're not good enough to be quoted as much as they are.
                      My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• sukie
                        Seriously?
                        • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Ingtar33 View Post
                        Josh throws so many guys open I'm tired of hearing this bull**** take. I don't know who the guys at cover1 are, but I've seen their stuff and it's amateurs hour over there. there is a lot of Monday morning QBing going on in their videos with the aid of the all 22. they talk like they've never played or coached QB before. and it's irritating to see them quoted so much. the reality is it's physically and mentally impossible to view the game like an all 22.

don't get me wrong. for amateurs they aren't bad. but they're not good enough to be quoted as much as they are.
                        The guys at Cover 1 think this is a juvenile take.

Comment

• Mad Max
                          Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
                          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Turf View Post
                          I hope he just isn't all talk and no work. Gut feeling has me a bit concerned but I'll set it aside and watch.
                          I’m the exact opposite. I’ve always been a pretty good judge of character and I don’t think that’s ever going to be an issue with this guy.

I don’t know if he’s going to succeed in the league but if he doesn’t it won’t be for lack of effort.

BTW my feeling is automaticically corroborated by the sheer fact that the Bills drafted him. They only draft quality characters individuals.

I highly suspect for example that they dropped Adonai Mitchell completely off their board because they felt he wasn’t one.

Comment

• sahlensguy
                            • Mar 2015

I’m the exact opposite. I’ve always been a pretty good judge of character and I don’t think that’s ever going to be an issue with this guy. I don’t know if he’s going to succeed in the league but if he doesn’t it won’t be for lack of effort. BTW my feeling is automaticically corroborated by the sheer fact that the Bills drafted him. They only draft quality characters individuals. I highly suspect for example that they dropped Adonai Mitchell completely off their board because they felt he wasn’t one.
                            Agreed. Coleman came from nothing and worked for basically everything he's gotten so far. When he talks about earning opportunities he seems sincere.

AD Mitchell may be the steal of the draft, honestly. But it would be only because he's a complete psychopath.

Comment

• Mad Max
                              Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
                              • Mar 2003

Agreed. Coleman came from nothing and worked for basically everything he's gotten so far. When he talks about earning opportunities he seems sincere.

AD Mitchell may be the steal of the draft, honestly. But it would be only because he's a complete psychopath.
                              I got “crappy human” vibes off him when I listened to AD Mitchell.

Crappy humans almost always turn into a team issue, regardless of talent.

Comment

• sahlensguy
                                • Mar 2015

I got “crappy human” vibes off him when I listened to AD Mitchell.

Crappy humans almost always turn into a team issue, regardless of talent.
                                Yeah no doubt. Sometimes great teams with great locker rooms can absorb a bad character and sometimes it will put them over the top. The colts are not in that situation. It won't end well.

Comment

Working...
                                X