• Show
Clear All
  • Gibby 2.0
    The things I get you to say
    • Oct 2019

Re: Keon Coleman

Originally posted by notacon View Post
    This is very encouraging.....

If he stays healthy and keeps this up, he may be the steal of this draft class. This kid's personality is infectious and I sooooo want him to succeed and even better I think he can
    Insert whimsical line here

Comment

• cas22
      • Jul 2005

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh View Post
      I also want to point out the distinction between #1 receiver and X receiver. To me #1 receiver means the best receiver on a team whereas X receiver is more technical in terms of what they are asked to do, like working on boundary for the most part, more responsible for blocking etc. Often #1 = X receiver on a team. You can argue for the Bills, #1 receiver was Diggs whereas Davis was the X receiver. And you see Davis often out snapped Diggs because Diggs is more suited for blocking etc.

there really isn't a #1 WR, the Media has created that animal, sure most teams have a WR who has better production that gets labeled #! but in reality you want all your play makers to be equal,

I think we got a taste of this the last 10 games last year where Allens production came equally from the weaons he had, the previous years Diggs name was called on 65% of the passing plays, Diggs better get use to it because in Houston he might be the 3rd best WR.

iIn that sense, I agree with quite a lot of people in the media that Coleman is a replacement for Davis, likely a better version. Can he be a #1 on this Bills team? We don't know. And I hope he's not right now because it means this guy is the best WR on the Bills team without even playing one single down in NFL. Now who is the #1 receiver on this Bills team? By default, it is Shakir because Diggs is gone and other guys have not played a down for the Bills. That's where the uncertainty comes in. Is Shakir better than Diggs? Career wise, definitely a NO. In the latest sample, like last season, you see Diggs started hot but you can say Shakir out performed him late in the season, including the playoffs. Projecting forward for 2024 season, the Bills obviously decided Diggs is not going to be that much better than Shakir or whoever they signed and drafted.

Bottom line is if you expect Coleman to produce more than Davis from the X receiver role, you may feel better about this pick.

Comment

• cas22
        • Jul 2005

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh View Post
        I also want to point out the distinction between #1 receiver and X receiver. To me #1 receiver means the best receiver on a team whereas X receiver is more technical in terms of what they are asked to do, like working on boundary for the most part, more responsible for blocking etc. Often #1 = X receiver on a team. You can argue for the Bills, #1 receiver was Diggs whereas Davis was the X receiver. And you see Davis often out snapped Diggs because Diggs is more suited for blocking etc.

there really isn't a #1 WR, the Media has created that animal, sure most teams have a WR who has better production that gets labeled #! but in reality you want all your play makers to be equal,

iIn that sense, I agree with quite a lot of people in the media that Coleman is a replacement for Davis, likely a better version. Can he be a #1 on this Bills team? We don't know. And I hope he's not right now because it means this guy is the best WR on the Bills team without even playing one single down in NFL. Now who is the #1 receiver on this Bills team? By default, it is Shakir because Diggs is gone and other guys have not played a down for the Bills. That's where the uncertainty comes in. Is Shakir better than Diggs? Career wise, definitely a NO. In the latest sample, like last season, you see Diggs started hot but you can say Shakir out performed him late in the season, including the playoffs. Projecting forward for 2024 season, the Bills obviously decided Diggs is not going to be that much better than Shakir or whoever they signed and drafted.

Bottom line is if you expect Coleman to produce more than Davis from the X receiver role, you may feel better about this pick.
        II think we got a taste of this the last 10 games last year where Allens production came equally from the weaons he had, the previous years Diggs name was called on 65% of the passing plays, Diggs better get use to it because in Houston he might be the 3rd best WR.

Comment

• Oaf
          Do you read what you write?
          • Jun 2007

Is Samuel or Shakir more akin to Diggs in their game? (assuming Coleman takes Davis' role and the 3rd guy plays the slot)

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
            • Aug 2004

Another Coleman article. Looked like the kid has good work ethics throughout his college career. We don't know his ceiling but I feel Beane and the scouting staff probably feel his floor might be an effective "big slot", a fact mentioned by many who compared him to Mike Williams under Sean Peyton's Saints. That is also backed by his short area quickness physical traits.

Comment

• Woodman
              Legendary Zoner
              • Apr 2014

Did we just strike gold?

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

Working...
              X