Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Keon Coleman

Thanks
    Thanked 5,422 Times in 3,884 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Keon Coleman

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    His football responses were fine, pretty good actually.
    Yeah, not sure what the problem is.

Here's Josh's introduction press conference - who didn't fly solo. Maybe that Keon didn't have the suit, Bills pin and hat rubbed some the wrong way.

On a side note, Tremaine was a great guy and built! Sucks he didn't work out.

https://m.facebook.com/BuffaloBills/...6096309320659/

2. Post thanked by:

YardRat (04-29-2024)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,917 Times in 4,031 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by sahlensguy View Post
    Beane sucks at drafting wrs. He traded back one spot with Carolina, foregoing the 5th year option on Coleman. He's not even confident enough in himself to be sure Coleman will last past his 4th year.
    Well, he hasn't used a pick in rounds 1-3 in Buffalo to draft as WR.

I was fine with what they got out of Gabe Davis as a low 4th round pick.
    And I'm happy what they had/have in Shakir as a 5th round pick.

But those are rounds where you say, "if he works out, great, if not...its the 4th or 5th round."

But there was a reason he used a 1st round pick to trade for Diggs. Because as you said, his ability to find a difference maker, a go to guy, is a bit spotty.
    So he traded for a proven commodity. I maintain that was a wise decision.

Here, he has put the WR corps in a situation where you have to nail the 1st round pick, no ifs, ands or buts.

And I have my doubts as to whether he did.

He could have used the 2nd rounder as trade capital to move up for Brian Thomas, but apparently chose not to.

This don't work out, he has some serious questions to answer. And I maintain, it could be a termination worthy offense.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    Ooh! Ooh!!

Give it to me Horseshack!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by cookie G View Post

But those are rounds where you say, "if he works out, great, if not...its the 4th or 5th round."

But there was a reason he used a 1st round pick to trade for Diggs. Because as you said, his ability to find a difference maker, a go to guy, is a bit spotty.

Here, he has put the WR corps in a situation where you have to nail the 1st round pick, no ifs, ands or buts.

He could have used the 2nd rounder as trade capital to move up for Brian Thomas, but apparently chose not to.

This don't work out, he has some serious questions to answer. And I maintain, it could be a termination worthy offense.

- - - Updated - - -

Beane could have traded up for BTJ or taken Coleman at 28 or traded up later for a 2nd wr or just drafted another wr. He did none of that. No conviction in his moves for a wr.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,917 Times in 4,031 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Beane could have traded up for BTJ or taken Coleman at 28 or traded up later for a 2nd wr or just drafted another wr. He did none of that. No conviction in his moves for a wr.
    As Thomas kept falling, I was actually assuming to hear a trade up. Never happened, and apparently, he didn't try.

I the 3rd, when they took Carter, guys like Lil Bro McCaffery, Troy Franklin and Javon Baker were still on the board.

McCaffery is about as good of an athlete as his older brother, a tinge faster, and has only been playing WR for 2 years (and had around 900 yards last year. )
    Don't know what scared them off about Franklin
    Javon Baker had shown himself capable of being a good intermediate and deep threat.

They were all good hedges against a potential bust of Coleman, or at least adding a potential deep threat. He chose not to do so.

This year, the "he wasn't as high on our board" defense isn't going to cut it.

6. Post thanked by:

sahlensguy (04-29-2024)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,674 Times in 6,214 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Bills draft picks 2024 analysis- How the new players fit with the team

‘It seemed clear to me that general manager Brandon Beane was hoping that LSU’s Brian Thomas would fall to No. 28 in the first round, but the Jaguars took him at No. 23. We don’t know whether Beane tried to trade up to get in position to pick the player who was widely regarded as the best receiver prospect after the undeniable top threesome of Marvin Harrison Jr., Malik Nabers and Rome Odunze, all of whom went in the first nine picks, but I’d guess that he was working the phones pretty hard.’
    1) Ari
    2) @ Mia
    3) Jack
    4) @ Balt
    5) @ Houston
    6) @ Jets
    7) Tenn
    8) @ Seat
    9) Mia
    10) @ Colts
    11) KC
    12) Bye
    13) SF
    14) @ LAR
    15) @ Det
    16) Pats
    17) Jets
    18) @ Pats

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

As Thomas kept falling, I was actually assuming to hear a trade up. Never happened, and apparently, he didn't try.

I the 3rd, when they took Carter, guys like Lil Bro McCaffery, Troy Franklin and Javon Baker were still on the board.

McCaffery is about as good of an athlete as his older brother, a tinge faster, and has only been playing WR for 2 years (and had around 900 yards last year. )
    Don't know what scared them off about Franklin
    Javon Baker had shown himself capable of being a good intermediate and deep threat.

They were all good hedges against a potential bust of Coleman, or at least adding a potential deep threat. He chose not to do so.

This year, the "he wasn't as high on our board" defense isn't going to cut it.
    Good post. Not to mention Beane drafted a 5'8" RB over a 6'7" WR, WHO RAN THE SAME 40 TIME.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,507 Times in 1,040 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by ghz in pittsburgh View Post
    And the other side of the coin is also true: Andy Reid says "I don't want to find out if Coleman can run routes, but I can imagine Worthy running free ..."
    Running free until a DB (like Bishop) that out weighs him by forty pounds lays the wood.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

You will love Ray Davis.

We all thought WR but lucky for the Bills none of us is in charge.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
    Running free until a DB (like Bishop) that out weighs him by forty pounds lays the wood.

Nail meet head.

I'd rather be a hammer than a nail.

Especially in the NFL.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

- - - Updated - - -

I think it’s safe to remove the qualifier.

if this draft doesn’t work both he and McOpi are gone.

Beane knows that which is why he wasn’t sweating the fifth year option on Coleman. He’s either winning us a Super Bowl or he won’t be here long before that fifth year.

13. Post thanked by:

Woodman (04-29-2024)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
    I think it’s safe to remove the qualifier.

if this draft doesn’t work both he and McOpi are gone.

Beane knows that which is why he wasn’t sweating the fifth year option on Coleman. He’s either winning us a Super Bowl or he won’t be here long before that fifth year.

download-2.jpg

That's what I call putting MUSTARD on the HOT DOG!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,440 Times in 1,524 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Are we a bunch of teenage girls here? Like a GM does not draft a particular receiver in one particular year, you are fired (dead to me).
    Last edited by ghz in pittsburgh; 04-29-2024 at 12:15 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,440 Times in 1,524 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I believe what he said is that he's not giving up pick #60, which is what required to go up there for BTJ. If he's not giving up pick 60, you can bet he's not giving up next year's 1 or Vikings #2 next year. We don't know the result. Strategy wise I don't see an issue with that decision. The difference between BTJ being elite and Coleman being elite is probably less than 5%. But you miss out the entirety of Cole Bishop being elite which is far more than 5%.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

There are reports his team interviews do not go well. To reporters, talking about Macy's clothes, sharing cookies are fun and genuine stuff. But I know there are management types looking all of those seemingly innocent details and wondering why this guy is not 100% on football in this setting, or lack of self control eating stuff like cookies.
    This setting?

It was a post draft introductory press conference (rapport building soft questions being lobbed mostly) not an Xs and Os coach interview.

He was asked about the jacket, he didn’t start talking about it on his own. And after just about the one minute mark the questions started to become football related and he switched from charm mode to serious mode and answered all questions like a professional. Pretty good if you ask me since he literally just became a paid professional the day before.

some football questions and answers from the presser (paraphrased):

Q: Jordan Travis (his FSU QB) said you’re a QBs best friend, how much pride do you take in keep plays alive while the QB is scrambling?

A: it’s a key part, I played with numerous QBs that can keep plays alive, you’re not always open, stay QB friendly, be in his vision, be a big target shield off a defender give him a reliable throw. He’s running for his life from guys that weigh 270 pounds he doesn’t want to get hit and you drop the ball or he has to throw it away. It’s a big thing, I take pride in that. Scramble drills is an actual play.

Q: your wearing number zero you wore four at FSU

A: A number is what you make of it. Number 4 is James Cooks he earned it I’m gonna rock with zero and make my own name with it.

Q: right away X position?

A: learning my playbook and getting like this (crosses fingers) with Josh Allen.

Q: Whys it important to build a great relationship with Josh as you stated?

A: A great QB makes your job easy and you make his job easy. When that’s both easy you’re gonna put a lot of plays together.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I believe what he said is that he's not giving up pick #60, which is what required to go up there for BTJ. If he's not giving up pick 60, you can bet he's not giving up next year's 1 or Vikings #2 next year. We don't know the result. Strategy wise I don't see an issue with that decision. The difference between BTJ being elite and Coleman being elite is probably less than 5%. But you miss out the entirety of Cole Bishop being elite which is far more than 5%.
    I don't have a problem with not moving up for Thomas.

That said, he had no conviction in this draft for a wr. The only one he got wasn't good enough for him at 28.

19. Post thanked by:

cookie G (04-29-2024)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Woodman View Post
    You will love Ray Davis.
    Wanna bet?

Registered User Forward_Lateral's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,111 Times in 4,296 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Are we a bunch of teenage girls here? Like a GM does not draft a particular receiver in one particular year, you are fired (dead to me).
    You've been here long enough to know the answer to this rhetorical question.

Registered User Forward_Lateral's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,111 Times in 4,296 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I get why some are upset at the Coleman pick. What I don't get is saying "Oh man he's going to suck, what a crappy draft, Beane blew it, etc."

It's the same garbage as when OPI says the Bills won't make the playoffs when they are still in September.

Beane and company are much, much smarter when it comes to talent evaluation than anyone on this message board. They don't watch 10 minutes of youtube clips and then assess a player, like most here do.

Just because they took the guy you didn't want, doesn't mean he will suck. Some of you give yourselves way too much credit in the smarts department.

Just remember when the same people whining about this pick whined about Josh Allen being picked over Josh Rosen.

23. Post thanked by:

Jeff1220 (04-30-2024)

Asst to Dean Vernon Wormer POTLAND PSILBYLO's Avatar
    Portland, Oregon Cocoa Mate: Mandy Pepperidge
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,871 Times in 3,391 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Wanna bet?
    I'm in love with all his names

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Keon Coleman- Josh Allen texted me “You’re the guy I want”

Buffalo traded down twice to move out of the first round and into the top pick of the second round before selecting Keon Coleman to kick off last Friday night’s activities. Coleman said his feeling at the end of his visit to the Bills facility ahead of the draft made him “plan on coming back” and Allen gave him the kind of welcome that makes it clear everyone is happy how things played out early in the draft.

“He texted me the day of and was like, ‘You’re the guy I want. I watched a lot of receivers and I want to play with you,’” Coleman said, via the team’s website. “And I’ve been saying the same thing. I want to play with the guy that wears number 17. I think he’s a great quarterback, one of the best in the league right now and I would love to be catching passes from him. I’m ready for that.”