Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: Keon Coleman

Thanks
    Thanked 2,445 Times in 1,528 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Keon Coleman

My opinion:

When Josh execute the play as called, protection is good, he is accurate. All of those Cole Beasley connections are evidence.

When 1st couple reads are not there, or protection breaks down (quite often until last year), Josh is into the improvise-mode and really good at getting the ball to those who flash open. This is the kind of delicate balance I don't think he has achieved: there are times that if he stays in the pocket just 1/10 of a second longer, he might have a play there, Brady, Manning are the best in those world. Buy Josh/Mahomes had so much success on the off-script plays, it's hard to find the balance. And you see teams are starting to adapt to defend that style.

2. Post thanked by:

sahlensguy (04-30-2024)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,508 Times in 1,041 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Another tidbit. His number “0” will be the first time in history that a Bills player has worn that number during the season.

4. Post thanked by:

Historian (05-05-2024)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,493 Times in 1,487 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I hope he just isn't all talk and no work. Gut feeling has me a bit concerned but I'll set it aside and watch.
    Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

6. Post thanked by:

imbondz (05-02-2024),Thurmal (05-01-2024)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,215 Times in 5,938 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

My gut feeling is awesome anticipation.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,374 Times in 2,100 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by sahlensguy View Post
    Like the Cover 1 analysts said, Josh likes to throw to receivers who flash open.
    Josh throws so many guys open I'm tired of hearing this bull**** take. I don't know who the guys at cover1 are, but I've seen their stuff and it's amateurs hour over there. there is a lot of Monday morning QBing going on in their videos with the aid of the all 22. they talk like they've never played or coached QB before. and it's irritating to see them quoted so much. the reality is it's physically and mentally impossible to view the game like an all 22.

don't get me wrong. for amateurs they aren't bad. but they're not good enough to be quoted as much as they are.
    My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

9. Post thanked by:

Lone Stranger (05-01-2024),Mad Max (05-01-2024),YardRat (05-05-2024)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Ingtar33 View Post
    Josh throws so many guys open I'm tired of hearing this bull**** take. I don't know who the guys at cover1 are, but I've seen their stuff and it's amateurs hour over there. there is a lot of Monday morning QBing going on in their videos with the aid of the all 22. they talk like they've never played or coached QB before. and it's irritating to see them quoted so much. the reality is it's physically and mentally impossible to view the game like an all 22.

don't get me wrong. for amateurs they aren't bad. but they're not good enough to be quoted as much as they are.
    The guys at Cover 1 think this is a juvenile take.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Turf View Post
    I hope he just isn't all talk and no work. Gut feeling has me a bit concerned but I'll set it aside and watch.
    I’m the exact opposite. I’ve always been a pretty good judge of character and I don’t think that’s ever going to be an issue with this guy.

I don’t know if he’s going to succeed in the league but if he doesn’t it won’t be for lack of effort.

BTW my feeling is automaticically corroborated by the sheer fact that the Bills drafted him. They only draft quality characters individuals.

I highly suspect for example that they dropped Adonai Mitchell completely off their board because they felt he wasn’t one.

12. Post thanked by:

Historian (05-05-2024),Lone Stranger (05-01-2024),Mad Bomber (05-04-2024),sahlensguy (05-01-2024)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,427 Times in 3,888 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
    I’m the exact opposite. I’ve always been a pretty good judge of character and I don’t think that’s ever going to be an issue with this guy. I don’t know if he’s going to succeed in the league but if he doesn’t it won’t be for lack of effort. BTW my feeling is automaticically corroborated by the sheer fact that the Bills drafted him. They only draft quality characters individuals. I highly suspect for example that they dropped Adonai Mitchell completely off their board because they felt he wasn’t one.
    Agreed. Coleman came from nothing and worked for basically everything he's gotten so far. When he talks about earning opportunities he seems sincere.

AD Mitchell may be the steal of the draft, honestly. But it would be only because he's a complete psychopath.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Agreed. Coleman came from nothing and worked for basically everything he's gotten so far. When he talks about earning opportunities he seems sincere.

AD Mitchell may be the steal of the draft, honestly. But it would be only because he's a complete psychopath.
    I got “crappy human” vibes off him when I listened to AD Mitchell.

Crappy humans almost always turn into a team issue, regardless of talent.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
    I got “crappy human” vibes off him when I listened to AD Mitchell.

Crappy humans almost always turn into a team issue, regardless of talent.
    Yeah no doubt. Sometimes great teams with great locker rooms can absorb a bad character and sometimes it will put them over the top. The colts are not in that situation. It won't end well.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,781 Times in 7,823 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

In Mitchell's (slight) defense. Seems like most of his issues arise from him being a Type 1 diabetic.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The rumblings were that he didn't always give full effort both on the field and in terms of managing his diabetes.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/college-...ad-2024-season

https://steelersdepot.com/2024/04/sc...turity-health/

https://www.themirror.com/sport/amer...t-scout-457900

It's not that he's diabetic; it's that he doesn't seem to take the best care of it which results in a cranky, less-than-full-effort player.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    In Mitchell's (slight) defense. Seems like most of his issues arise from him being a Type 1 diabetic.
    There's probably plenty of type 1 diabetics or pro athletes, who are coachable.

All the talent in the world with reports of a bad attitude. I wouldn't have touched him with a 10-ft pool. It probably won't end well for the Colts.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff1220 View Post
    The rumblings were that he didn't always give full effort both on the field and in terms of managing his diabetes.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/college-...ad-2024-season

https://steelersdepot.com/2024/04/sc...turity-health/

https://www.themirror.com/sport/amer...t-scout-457900

It's not that he's diabetic; it's that he doesn't seem to take the best care of it which results in a cranky, less-than-full-effort player.
    It's easy to excuse his bad attitude on the mismanagement of his diabetes.

But his bad attitude just might be because he thinks he's better than everybody else. Including his coaches.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

There's probably plenty of type 1 diabetics or pro athletes, who are coachable.

All the talent in the world with reports of a bad attitude. I wouldn't have touched him with a 10-ft pool. It probably won't end well for the Colts.
    Patrick Peterson formerly of the Cardinals had it as did Adam Duvall from the Braves that I know of and I know there are a bunch more.

I agree with you on attitude. If someone shows you who they are believe them.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I don't no what all the fuss is about Mitchell, in his college career he had a total of 93 rec for 1400 yards, being he played for Georgia and Texas and was suppose to go to ole Miss .

Mitchell will be a Zay Jones type of WR at his best if he is lucky, If I had to put money on a WR that got drafted this year that was gonna be a star I put it on Ricky Persall.... the kid wasn't surrounded by great talent or have great quarterbacking like Harrison and the duo from LSU.....

thats what I look at, raw talent that stands out on bad teams like Allen coming out..... some of these guys like M Harrison get over hyped because of stats and then in his situation his name also...

Thanks
    Thanked 30,648 Times in 17,503 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

They need to keep this kid as far away from Dawkins as possible. The last thing we need is for him to be another clown show sidekick to the "Shnoman" like McKenzie.

And I've never been impressed with Cover1 either.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Thanks
    Thanked 30,648 Times in 17,503 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by cookie G View Post
    what isn't there is...separation. He had one deep ball against Syracuse where the DB might have tripped or was fooled. But on the vast majority of passes, defenders are within a yard or two of him. He certainly makes some contested catches, but he also misses on many of them. Id be surprised if his contested catch rate was even close to 50%. And that doesn't bode well for a guy who has to make a contested catch on nearly every target.

The 4.6 40 shows up on tape. Sorry.
    I'm as skeptical as many with how this kid is going to translate to the next level, but I will say something positive...he may not create separation with speed, but he finds the open spots against zone and creates space (a kind of separation on it's own) with his body. With the league apparently transitioning to more 2 and 3 deep shells that might be a more favorable skill set than blazing speed. And it will probably take him longer to adjust to the better coverage guys in the NFL, not being able to just outrun them.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,485 Times in 7,099 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    I'm as skeptical as many with how this kid is going to translate to the next level, but I will say something positive...he may not create separation with speed, but he finds the open spots against zone and creates space (a kind of separation on it's own) with his body. With the league apparently transitioning to more 2 and 3 deep shells that might be a more favorable skill set than blazing speed. And it will probably take him longer to adjust to the better coverage guys in the NFL, not being able to just outrun them.
    I am assuming his size and athleticism is what Brady covets in creating mismatches . There also Kincaid. It's up to Allen to exploit those mismatches

25. Post thanked by:

YardRat (05-05-2024)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    They need to keep this kid as far away from Dawkins as possible. The last thing we need is for him to be another clown show sidekick to the "Shnoman" like McKenzie.

And I've never been impressed with Cover1 either.
    That guy with the handle “Tardrat” , He kinda blows! ~Cover1