• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: Brandon Recaps 2024 NFL Draft

Originally posted by Goobylal View Post
    It's more likely they get 2-3 immediate starters (Coleman, Bishop and Van Pran-Granger) and several other major contributors than just the center panning out.
    I would be surprised if Granger is an immediate starter at center, it kind of sounds like they have that 'promised' to McGregor. And he'll have to beat out Collins for left guard.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• DetoxTent
      • Sep 2023

You're on.
      You're crazy if you think Pran-Granger is going to be a starter. Not happening in any other situation than injury.

Comment

• DetoxTent
        • Sep 2023

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
        I would be surprised if Granger is an immediate starter at center, it kind of sounds like they have that 'promised' to McGregor. And he'll have to beat out Collins for left guard.
        Watch that Cosell video that Mad Max posted in a contiguous thread. The Bills have thier eyes on his ability to play guard.

Comment

• YardRat
          Well, lookie here...
          • Dec 2004

Originally posted by DetoxTent View Post
          Watch that Cosell video that Mad Max posted in a contiguous thread. The Bills have thier eyes on his ability to play guard.
          That would be the likeliest path to starting, but he still has to beat out a couple of vets.
          YardRat Wall of Fame
          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Goobylal
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
            Yup, they've promised it to McGovern. But there's an outside chance he wins it and they want McGovern back at LG. VPG has short arms and is said to be strictly a center, despite what they're saying about also playing him at OG. And that's fine if he's only a center. So was Morse.

Originally posted by DetoxTent View Post
            You're crazy if you think Pran-Granger is going to be a starter. Not happening in any other situation than injury.
            I agree and that's why I said "2-3" and agreed to a bet of 2 starters.

Comment

• notacon
              • Aug 2012

It's more likely they get 2-3 immediate starters (Coleman, Bishop and Van Pran-Granger) and several other major contributors than just the center panning out.
              It sure looks that at the least those three will be starters if not from day 1, sometime this season.

Coleman is going to be a day 1 starter at the X WR spot. Bishop almost assuredly will be starting S next to Rapp...if not game one then very soon there fater, McD is known for not oputting too much pressure on rookies right away.

i suspect Van Pran-Granger will push McGovern at C. It will be one of the training camp competitions to keep an eye on. Van Pran-Granger will (hopefully) become the long term starter if not this year then in 2025.

Comment

• Goobylal
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by notacon View Post
                It sure looks that at the least those three will be starters if not from day 1, sometime this season.

Coleman is going to be a day 1 starter at the X WR spot. Bishop almost assuredly will be starting S next to Rapp...if not game one then very soon there fater, McD is known for not oputting too much pressure on rookies right away.

i suspect Van Pran-Granger will push McGovern at C. It will be one of the training camp competitions to keep an eye on. Van Pran-Granger will (hopefully) become the long term starter if not this year then in 2025.
                Yeah, I also expect Coleman and Bishop to be opening day starters. Van Pran-Granger might take into the season, if not next year because McGovern has been itching to play center for years (pre-dating the Bills) and they promised him he would, and you know how they are.

I'm also interested to see how Davis, Solomon and Carter do. I've read promising things about each of them.

Comment

• Woodman
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Chet View Post
                  I’ll bet you $100 only Coleman of those 3 is starting Week 1 regular season
                  If none start you lose.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Woodman
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Woodman View Post
                    If none start you lose.
                    You also lose if anybody else starts .... Coleman only is specific.

Your money bud

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• notacon
                      • Aug 2012

Yeah, I also expect Coleman and Bishop to be opening day starters. Van Pran-Granger might take into the season, if not next year because McGovern has been itching to play center for years (pre-dating the Bills) and they promised him he would, and you know how they are.

I'm also interested to see how Davis, Solomon and Carter do. I've read promising things about each of them.
                      The McGovern vs Van Pran-Granger training camp competition is going to be one to watch.

I suspect that McGovern will probably be day one starter because of his NFL vet experience. Stepping into a starting center position (actually, any starting position in the NFL) for a rookie in the NFL is daunting to say the least.

Comment

• Chet
                        Allenhu Joshbar
                        • Feb 2017

If none start you lose.
                        If none start the Bills are the real losers

Comment

• Chet
                          Allenhu Joshbar
                          • Feb 2017

You also lose if anybody else starts .... Coleman only is specific.

Your money bud
                          We’re betting peanuts so I’m cool with the homer qualifiers in this particular case

Comment

• Woodman
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Apr 2014

If none start the Bills are the real losers
                            Depends really .... right now that starting lineup especially at the WR position is wide wide open .... I'd pencil in Shakir and see how it goes from there.

The open competition and the fact that 2 starters from last year are no longer a factor is encouraging to everybody else in that room.

Comment

• Woodman
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Apr 2014

We’re betting peanuts so I’m cool with the homer qualifiers in this particular case
                              Fun bet Chet

All the very best to our Bills is all I give a s hit about.

Comment

• Chet
                                Allenhu Joshbar
                                • Feb 2017

Fun bet Chet
                                All the very best to our Bills is all I give a s hit about.
                                Mate I’d give a kidney for a Bills SB. This “always a bridesmaid” **** is for losers who lead ambition-less lives.

Win a SB, nothing else matters in the game

Comment

Working...
                                X