Brandon Recaps 2024 NFL Draft

WR Coleman #33 DB Bishop #60 DT Carter #95 RB Davis #128 C Granger #141
    LB Ulofoshio #160 DE Solomon #168
    OT Grable #204 CB Hardy #219 OT Clayton #221

Thanks
    Thanked 5,414 Times in 3,879 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Brandon Recaps 2024 NFL Draft

Lucky Coleman fell back to him. Bishop was a good pick. Everything else besides the center was a disaster.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,464 Times in 7,313 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by sahlensguy View Post
    Lucky Coleman fell back to him. Bishop was a good pick. Everything else besides the center was a disaster.

lol. How in the hell do we know that now.

4. Post thanked by:

Goobylal (04-28-2024),Jeff1220 (05-09-2024),Lone Stranger (04-27-2024)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Novacane View Post
    lol. How in the hell do we know that now.
    The draft strategy was horrible. Lucked into Coleman who we forfeited the 5th year option on. Bishop was a solid pick. 3rd and 4th rounders are backups at best. Drafted a guy who's never played a snap - over Rice? My hell.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

??? What are you talking about?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,503 Times in 1,038 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by direbills View Post
    ??? What are you talking about?
    37 posts in 22 years. You pick your spots don’t you?

8. Post thanked by:

Bill Cody (04-30-2024)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,105 Times in 3,584 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The draft strategy was horrible. Lucked into Coleman who we forfeited the 5th year option on. Bishop was a solid pick. 3rd and 4th rounders are backups at best. Drafted a guy who's never played a snap - over Rice? My hell.
    It's way too early for these predictions. I like the promise many of the draft picks have. Some had Carter as the 3rd best DT in the draft and some had Davis as the best RB in the draft. The 5th round DE led FBS in sacks last year. The C will be a starter sooner than later and anchored the UGA line the past 3 seasons (2 of them championship ones). Even the 6th and later picks have promise as 2 are 300#+ guys who run a sub-4.85 40. I didn't get the 5th round LB but I said the same thing about Bernard. I'm not saying they'll all or mostly hit, but it's not like they picked a bunch of scrubs.

As for WR, I never expected them to draft more than 1. And as for Rice, teams passed him over again and again. You could easily get what he'll produce this year from any of the FA WRs still out there (and I'm hoping they sign someone).

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Goobylal View Post
    It's way too early for these predictions. I like the promise many of the draft picks have. Some had Carter as the 3rd best DT in the draft and some had Davis as the best RB in the draft. The 5th round DE led FBS in sacks last year. The C will be a starter sooner than later and anchored the UGA line the past 3 seasons (2 of them championship ones). Even the 6th and later picks have promise as 2 are 300#+ guys who run a sub-4.85 40. I didn't get the 5th round LB but I said the same thing about Bernard. I'm not saying they'll all or mostly hit, but it's not like they picked a bunch of scrubs.

As for WR, I never expected them to draft more than 1. And as for Rice, teams passed him over again and again. You could easily get what he'll produce this year from any of the FA WRs still out there (and I'm hoping they sign someone).
    C'mon. Beane burnt draft capitol for a guy who never played a snap of football. This is where you take football players who are kickers, track stars or grocery cashiers. Anything but non football players. That cool aid is strong to explain this away.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

C'mon. Beane burnt draft capitol for a guy who never played a snap of football. This is where you take football players who are kickers, track stars or grocery cashiers. Anything but non football players. That cool aid is strong to explain this away.
    First of all, he used a 7th rounder, the vast majority of which don't make an NFL roster (like Rice probably won't) anyway. Second of all, he's 6'7" and 301# and ran a 4.79 40-yard dash. Third, he gives the Bills an extra PS spot. If Clayton had been a 6th or earlier rounder, or some guy without anything special about him, I'd agree with you.

As for Rice, I'd like to know why he fell to the 7th round?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

First of all, he used a 7th rounder, the vast majority of which don't make an NFL roster (like Rice probably won't) anyway. Second of all, he's 6'7" and 301# and ran a 4.79 40-yard dash. Third, he gives the Bills an extra PS spot. If Clayton had been a 6th or earlier rounder, or some guy without anything special about him, I'd agree with you.

As for Rice, I'd like to know why he fell to the 7th round?
    If the were so enamoured with a 6' 7" guy who could run they could have drafted Johnny Wilson and his 4.52 in the 5th. You know, like an actual football player. This was a throw away pick for pr purposes.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,503 Times in 1,038 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

If the were so enamoured with a 6' 7" guy who could run they could have drafted Johnny Wilson and his 4.52 in the 5th. You know, like an actual football player. This was a throw away pick for pr purposes.
    This is a dollar lottery ticket with much greater odds of success.

I love it. This dude has what you can’t teach/learn in terms of his size/speed and athleticism (I’m sure he’s strong as a bull too).

He’s also going to learn a position that just isn’t that hard to learn. He won’t be running routes, swim moves, calling defenses, reading defenses etc. He’s going to stand up quickly shuffle his feet and try to keep the guy in front of him from getting around him for 3-4 seconds. Not rocket science.

Conversions happen all the time , OL to DL, DL to OL, QB to WR and this is in the NFL. It happens frequently in high school and college. The Bills themselves did it with a UDFA TE and turned him into an All Pro LT.

Just like the rest of the draft we’ll know in three years.

Jordan Mailata did it why can’t Travis? For the cost of a selection that rarely makes a roster much less become a difference maker it’s well worth the tiny expense.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

So really, you're just upset that with their 7th round pick they took a project OL over a WR, with neither likely amounting to much?

15. Post thanked by:

Novacane (04-28-2024)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

So really, you're just upset that with their 7th round pick they took a project OL over a WR, with neither likely amounting to much?
    A 7th rounder on its own means very little. This draft was a D after the 1st two picks.

Thanks
    Thanked 30,622 Times in 17,487 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Do we still get the ps roster exemption if the player is drafted?
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

A 7th rounder on its own means very little. This draft was a D after the 1st two picks.
    Grading a draft after it happens is a fool's errand. Remember the 2022 draft? It looked like a total joke. We ended up getting 3 starters and would have had a punter.

Thanks
    Thanked 30,622 Times in 17,487 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Grading a draft after it happens is a fool's errand. Remember the 2022 draft? It looked like a total joke. We ended up getting 3 starters and would have had a punter.
    Grading a draft right after it happens isn't grading for performance, I don't know why anybody thinks it is or should be.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,659 Times in 6,204 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

This is what I have to say about that.

We killed this draft absolutely killed it.

Now have a nice day.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Woodman View Post

This is what I have to say about that.

We killed this draft absolutely killed it.

Now have a nice day.

Put a fork in it!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Maybe we got it right (2024 Draft) maybe we didn't we'll know in a couple years.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

One of the biggest mistakes that NFL teams can make in the draft is to reach for a player because he fills a position of need, drafting him higher than his talent justifies in a desperate attempt to find a Day One impact player. That’s a mistake that Eagles General Manager Howie Roseman says he won’t make.