Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: List your favorite three picks of the 2024 draft in order and why

Do you read what you write? Oaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: List your favorite three picks of the 2024 draft in order and why

Quote Originally Posted by sahlensguy View Post
    Well I would not say that Coleman is exactly what Josh needs. The strengths and weaknesses of each player don't exactly mesh. Did you watch the Cover21 analysis of Coleman that was posted today?

Coleman doesn't create the seperation that you see in the best recievers, and Josh likes to throw to recievers who flash open where he rifles the ball to. I remember Josh's 1st preseason when nearly every pass was to a curl route or stop route, where the reciverss back was to the endzone. Josh has of course has progressed a lot but laying the ball up for contested catches, isn't what he does. And right now, contested catches is Coleman's strength. His weakness is route running and getting seperation. I'm not saying that he can't learn to do it, but as of now he's not exactly the type of reciever that Josh needs.
    I agree with this for the most part. Josh did throw some 50-50 balls to Diggs and Davis in the EZ (mostly Diggs) that they couldn't come up with. But he mostly sees it open, throws it in there.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,428 Times in 3,889 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Oaf View Post
    I agree with this for the most part. Josh did throw some 50-50 balls to Diggs and Davis in the EZ (mostly Diggs) that they couldn't come up with. But he mostly sees it open, throws it in there.
    I think we've seen that's who Josh is. Especially early on it was blatantly obvious.

Side note: Remember Josh's first pass from scrimmage as a Bill? - play action bomb down the left sideline. Caught, just a yard out of bounds.

It's been a wild ride, trying to reign in all that ability ever since.

:40 seconds in. Most electrifying preseason incompletion ever:

https://youtu.be/f2q_jXSLQYs?si=AR90Ag97d7wHF1q7
    Last edited by sahlensguy; 05-02-2024 at 03:26 PM.

3. Post thanked by:

YardRat (05-05-2024)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,508 Times in 1,041 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I think we've seen that's who Josh is. Especially early on it was blatantly obvious.

Side note: Remember Josh's first pass from scrimmage as a Bill? - play action bomb down the left sideline. Caught, just a yard out of bounds.

It's been a wild ride, trying to reign in all that ability ever since.

:40 seconds in. Most electrifying preseason incompletion ever:

https://youtu.be/f2q_jXSLQYs?si=AR90Ag97d7wHF1q7
    60+ yard bomb first play hahah
    “they loveee the incompletion”
    That’s our boy!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
    60+ yard bomb first play hahah
    “they loveee the incompletion”
    That’s our boy!
    I know I did.

Well minus the throwing it out of bounds, part. Reminiscent of JP throwing a bomb out of the back of the endzone against the Steelers, to an open receiver.

It was play action, too. That really sold it. Then launched it effortlessly into the stratosphere. Josh did lead the league in yards off of play action, for a time too. If I remember right. Just a crazy talent and I was hooked.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,508 Times in 1,041 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I know I did.

Well minus the throwing it out of bounds, part. Reminiscent of JP throwing a bomb out of the back of the endzone against the Steelers, to an open receiver.

It was play action, too. That really sold it. Then launched it effortlessly into the stratosphere. Josh did lead the league in yards off of play action, for a time too. If I remember right. Just a crazy talent and I was hooked.
    It took me the better part of a season to jump on the bandwagon. The trauma from so many previous big armed busters haunted my expectations.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
    It took me the better part of a season to jump on the bandwagon. The trauma from so many previous big armed busters haunted my expectations.
    I didn't like the pick at first but the more I watched his pro day workout - which had some play action clips in it, I thought we might have something. And then to see that 1st play, I was sold.we had something good.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    My "favorite three picks" are the first three the Bills made. All SOLID picks (at least form what we know today).

1. Keon Coleman is EXACTLY what this team and Josh Allen needs. No wonder that Josh said that Keon is who he wanted. Keon is going to catch a LOT of TD's and a LOT of critical passes in the Red Zone. His locker presence is 100% opposite of the whiny, diva Diggs.

2. Cole Bishop is another example of EXACTLY what the Bills need. Smart, fast with leadership qualities.

3. DeWayne Carter - another example of EXACTLY what the Bills need. Should be an immediate rotational DT behind Oliver.

A shout out to 4th round pick, Ray Davis. Every report is this kid plays angry. Sure looks like he will be a contributor immediately.
    You should be selling timeshares

Thanks
    Thanked 11,788 Times in 7,830 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Chet View Post
    You should be selling timeshares
    You would be the perfect sucker to buy one.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

BTW Chet, I'm curious on why you think my reasonable observation are like "selling timeshares"???

Seriously.

It's rather obvious that the Bills made these picks because that would be in the best interests of the team. Of course, you have already let it be known that you believe the team should be gutted, only keeping Josh Allen and Diggs (THAT ship has sailed thankfully...the Bills sure ignored you silly advice) and any player on a rookie contract and the coaching staff should all be fired.

To quicken that insanely stupid plan, you said you literally were "rooting for them to lose" their last TWELVE GAMES of 2023. And insufferably gloating because you thought that was "smart".

Well...no, it was not "smart". In fact it was one of the stupidest posts of the year.

So, it's obvious you are rooting for the Bills to FAIL, and you are accusing me, and by extension, the Bills organization akin to "selling timeshares". Unbelievably, you may have topped yourself in stupid posts as this one is even stupider that the "rooting" for them to lose.

I guess you think that YOU, or all people, know better than the years long effort by a large group of professional football people which goes into the deep dive into evaluating prospects for each draft.

The Athletic published a very interesting (Part 1) "behind the scene" look at what a NFL team (in this instance the LA Rams) of "One year...of the NFL Draft scouting process"...detailing what a staff of about TWENTY FIVE professionals go though in evaluation talent in their full time jobs.

I'm curious, how many of the few things they mentioned (in part 1) that you have personally done???

-received, hours after the 2023 draft ended, a long list of prospects are distributed to the scouts...that began the...
    -"....months spent by scouts on research, evaluation, discussions and debates" about these prospects.
    -a multitude of school visits
    -multitude of internal meetings of these evaluators sharing their findings
    -months and months on the road scouting hundreds of prospects first hand
    -each scout has an "area" of the country "who build profiles and evaluations of the players over multiple years...at games, practices and pro days"
    -about 200 prospects are "cross checked" where other scouts supplement each other scouts work
    -building years long relationships with college coaches
    -countless hours in film rooms

How many colleges have you visited....college players have you personally met....been at their work outs....talked to their coaches....talked to their strength coaches....talked to their teammates...talked to their acquaintances....talked to their families...conduct background checks....????

And on and on and on.

It's easy to sit back on your couch, and gripe and ***** and moan like a grumpy blowhard who thinks he knows so much, but in reality, know a LOT LESS than he thinks he does.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

There are not 3 picks that I like.

The center was the best. The safety can be ok. Coleman is the new James Hardy, until he isn't. The rest seem like special teams players.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DetoxTent View Post
    There are not 3 picks that I like.

The center was the best. The safety can be ok. Coleman is the new James Hardy, until he isn't. The rest seem like special teams players.
    Your opinion is meaningless inside the Bills....obviously!

I suspect that your sour puss negativity will be shown to be silly. Probably early in 2024 season.