Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: “We know this much: The Bills aren’t scared anymore.” Ty Dunne. Article enclosed.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,427 Times in 3,888 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: “We know this much: The Bills aren’t scared anymore.” Ty Dunne. Article enclosed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Cody View Post
    I suspect the Bills had Coleman and Leggette rated about the same. I suspect that was close to how most evaluators had them rated, it happens. Coleman is slow, Leggette is a one hit wonder. So what do you do in that case? Pass on extra picks to look "fearless"? Not following your criticism there.

The funny thing about your other comments is Beane is constantly being criticized for doing exactly what you say he didn't do this year. He's always picking the uber athletes instead of higher production/character guys. Sounds like he can't win.
    My criticism was calling him fearless for trading back, but you didn't want to hear that.

And which Uber athletes from past drafts was I highly critical of?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: “We know this much: The Bills aren’t scared anymore.” Ty Dunne. Article enclosed.

Not really. The odds of a 3rd rounder becoming a quality NFL starter are about 16%. If you get a guy taking 40% of the snaps and doing a good job with them that's above average. I doubt Carter will be a total bust, probably a fairly useful player at a position we needed depth.
    What are the odds of a 3rd rounder sticking if he has starting potential vs a 3rd rounder who has only backup potential??

Thanks
    Thanked 5,982 Times in 3,519 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by sahlensguy View Post
    What are the odds of a 3rd rounder sticking if he has starting potential vs a 3rd rounder who has only backup potential??
    Lol

Don't know. Don't care.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,982 Times in 3,519 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by sahlensguy View Post
    My criticism was calling him fearless for trading back, but you didn't want to hear that.

And which Uber athletes from past drafts was I highly critical of?
    I don't think he was fearless for trading back. Just doing what was right for the team under the circumstances.

I wasn't referring to you specifically criticizing the uber athletes drafted but he certainly has been by a number of posters here, you know that. My point is no matter what he does some will be unhappy.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I don't think he was fearless for trading back. Just doing what was right for the team under the circumstances.

I wasn't referring to you specifically criticizing the uber athletes drafted but he certainly has been by a number of posters here, you know that. My point is no matter what he does some will be unhappy.
    I didn't say I was unhappy he traded back. Nor can you come up with past Uber athletic picks I was unhappy with for being Uber athletic.

Good job!

Thanks
    Thanked 30,648 Times in 17,503 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I suspect the Bills had Coleman and Leggette rated about the same. I suspect that was close to how most evaluators had them rated, it happens. Coleman is slow, Leggette is a one hit wonder. So what do you do in that case? Pass on extra picks to look "fearless"? Not following your criticism there.

The funny thing about your other comments is Beane is constantly being criticized for doing exactly what you say he didn't do this year. He's always picking the uber athletes instead of higher production/character guys. Sounds like he can't win.
    I am somebody that criticizes Beane for leaning toward 'freak' attributes and/or measurables, but I will admit a couple of his picks this year were more from the "just plays ball" mold. Looking forward to seeing how they pan out. And it still wasn't smart to double-up on OTs, I don't care if the kid from England is "only" a seventh-rounder. I would have preferred another receiver if we were going to take more than one kick at a position.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

7. Post thanked by:

Historian (05-05-2024)