Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: “We know this much: The Bills aren’t scared anymore.” Ty Dunne. Article enclosed.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,507 Times in 1,040 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

“We know this much: The Bills aren’t scared anymore.” Ty Dunne. Article enclosed.

great read. Coming from a guy that’s been very critical of our management, this article
    came as a bit of a surprise.

if Ty can be confident Why TF can’t I? LFG!!!

https://www.golongtd.com/p/brandon-b...utm_medium=web

2. Post thanked by:

Historian (04-29-2024),Jeff1220 (04-30-2024),Lone Stranger (05-01-2024),Mad Bomber (04-29-2024),notacon (04-30-2024),sukie (04-28-2024)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,425 Times in 3,888 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: “We know this much: The Bills aren’t scared anymore.” Ty Dunne. Article enclosed.

Oh please...

Fearless? No.

Fearless would have been taking Coleman at 28 because you were convinced that he was the best wr of the group.

Fearless would have been drafting athletes with upside over safe, back up players with leadership qualities. And football players over the Gran Turismo guy.

4. Post thanked by:

Chet (05-01-2024),DetoxTent (05-01-2024)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,670 Times in 6,211 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: “We know this much: The Bills aren’t scared anymore.” Ty Dunne. Article enclosed.

The Pats attempted to move up to 32 from 34.

We opted to take the Panther offer at #33 instead.

Were the Pats going to take Coleman?

That seems to be the case.

Did Buffalo Bills stiff-arm Patriots’ attempt at landing Keon Coleman in Round 1 of NFL Draft? - newyorkupstate.com
    WR Coleman DB Bishop DT Carter RB Davis C Granger
    LB Ulofoshio DE Solomon
    OT Grable CB Hardy OT Clayton

Thanks
    Thanked 30,638 Times in 17,496 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Beane doesn't have the resume' to get the benefit of the doubt between fearless and reckless. KC owns him so far.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

7. Post thanked by:

Chet (05-01-2024),DetoxTent (05-01-2024)

Asst to Dean Vernon Wormer POTLAND PSILBYLO's Avatar
    Portland, Oregon Cocoa Mate: Mandy Pepperidge
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,871 Times in 3,391 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I remember the Bills signing an UDFA Arkansas TE and made him into a near-20 year starting left tackle. I keep the possibility door open for the British chappie. What he will probably be I have no idea, and neither does anyone else any more than the Bills coaches.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    Beane doesn't have the resume' to get the benefit of the doubt between fearless and reckless. KC owns him so far.
    No they don't.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,467 Times in 7,316 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Rename this place to the ***** zone.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Novacane View Post
    So much gets lost in filters

Thanks
    Thanked 30,638 Times in 17,496 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Novacane View Post
    I'm sorry, I've kind of hit my limit of frustration with this team specifically and the league in general. I'll try to be more "Rah! Rah! We're the best!!" in the future.

12. Post thanked by:

Chet (05-01-2024)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,670 Times in 6,211 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I'm sorry, I've kind of hit my limit of frustration with this team specifically and the league in general. I'll try to be more "Rah! Rah! We're the best!!" in the future.
    You can wait until June 2nd after that

Thanks
    Thanked 11,762 Times in 7,806 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
    great read. Coming from a guy that’s been very critical of our management, this article
    came as a bit of a surprise.

if Ty can be confident Why TF can’t I? LFG!!!

https://www.golongtd.com/p/brandon-b...utm_medium=web

It's a great article from a credible writer who has been extremely critical of McD and the Bills lack of fearlessness in the past.

Dunne is as objective as they come.

He has been screaming for the Bills to go "all in" with Josh Allen, letting Josh be Josh.

The two moves that show they have done exactly that are getting rid of Diggs, and drafting Keon Coleman, Josh's pick of WR to draft.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The trade with KC was excellent value for Buffalo. A refusal to talk with them would have showed that the Chiefs were in their heads. I would have been disturbed if there was a report they turned down the trade.

Or worse, wouldn't answer the phone. Can you imagine if Brandon Beane had Brett Veach's number blocked?

KC is in many Buffalo fans' heads; that's OK. If they get in the GM or Head Coach's heads, that's a problem.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,425 Times in 3,888 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by FanBack View Post
    The trade with KC was excellent value for Buffalo. A refusal to talk with them would have showed that the Chiefs were in their heads. I would have been disturbed if there was a report they turned down the trade.

Or worse, wouldn't answer the phone. Can you imagine if Brandon Beane had Brett Veach's number blocked?

KC is in many Buffalo fans' heads; that's OK. If they get in the GM or Head Coach's heads, that's a problem.
    And the Bills are in your head. Using the compensation of the 3rd round pick on a backup at best, is bad value

17. Post thanked by:

Chet (05-01-2024)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

If they were fearless they’d have hired a HC who doesn’t repeatedly fail

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by sahlensguy View Post
    And the Bills are in your head. Using the compensation of the 3rd round pick on a backup at best, is bad value
    That is subsequent to the trade. Remember, a Wise Poster (truly a Poster Laureate) once said - 'Being negative vs. positive is neither a sign of accuracy nor objectivity'.

- - - Updated - - -

That is subsequent to the trade. Remember, a Wise Poster (truly a Poster Laureate) once said - 'Being negative vs. positive is neither a sign of accuracy nor objectivity'.
    Winning. With class and grace.

20. Post thanked by:

Mad Max (05-01-2024)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

- - - Updated - - -

Winning. With class and grace.
    Did you just quote and respond to yourself? Lol

anyway it’s too bad you can’t give double thanks here as I would have done so for “poster laureate”…brilliant!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Nah. There's way too many homers here already. We like people being realistic. And compared with the Eagles draft, Beane looks like a novice. This draft is, well, being as upbeat as I can, is underwhelming.

Others have suggested in the past, take Josh Allen away from the equation and Beane's drafting is highly suspect.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Chet View Post
    If they were fearless they’d have hired a HC who doesn’t repeatedly fail
    2024 has to be his last hurrah if he cannot coach his team past KC. He's been given a lot of rope.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DetoxTent View Post
    Nah. There's way too many homers here already. We like people being realistic. And compared with the Eagles draft, Beane looks like a novice. This draft is, well, being as upbeat as I can, is underwhelming.

Others have suggested in the past, take Josh Allen away from the equation and Beane's drafting is highly suspect.
    Beanie has done ok not great you’re right. He needs to score more stars.

The Chiefs by comparison have had more star level selections (those stars are the difference makers that brought them three rings):

Chris Jones
    Tyreke
    Mahomes
    Mcduffie
    Humphrey

Thanks
    Thanked 5,972 Times in 3,512 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Oh please...

Fearless? No.

Fearless would have been taking Coleman at 28 because you were convinced that he was the best wr of the group.

Fearless would have been drafting athletes with upside over safe, back up players with leadership qualities. And football players over the Gran Turismo guy.
    I suspect the Bills had Coleman and Leggette rated about the same. I suspect that was close to how most evaluators had them rated, it happens. Coleman is slow, Leggette is a one hit wonder. So what do you do in that case? Pass on extra picks to look "fearless"? Not following your criticism there.

The funny thing about your other comments is Beane is constantly being criticized for doing exactly what you say he didn't do this year. He's always picking the uber athletes instead of higher production/character guys. Sounds like he can't win.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,972 Times in 3,512 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Not really. The odds of a 3rd rounder becoming a quality NFL starter are about 16%. If you get a guy taking 40% of the snaps and doing a good job with them that's above average. I doubt Carter will be a total bust, probably a fairly useful player at a position we needed depth.