• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MDFINFAN
    • Jun 2003

Re: Bills sign Chase Claypool and Dawaune Smoot

Originally posted by notacon View Post
    Maybe once Claypool has a quality QB throwing to him, he will show some of the promise he showed when he came into the league.
    So the #1 passer last year wasn't good enough??? I watched him drop passes, plus with that size, he didn't use it very well.

Reach for the stars

Comment

• Chet
      Allenhu Joshbar
      • Feb 2017

Originally posted by MDFINFAN View Post
      So the #1 passer last year wasn't good enough??? I watched him drop passes, plus with that size, he didn't use it very well.
      #1 in your heart bro. Without McDaniel and the 2 seconds or less offense with a bunch of Usain Bolts he’s working at Jiffy Lube

Comment

• John Doe
        Florida Man
        • Jul 2002

Claypool is certainly worth a look. Reviewing his draft profile, he looks like a bigger, faster version of Coleman.

Breaking down the strengths, weaknesses and draft stock for Notre Dame wide receiver Chase Claypool

In each of his first 2 seasons in the pros he had close to 900 yards receiving.

He will be 26 years old in July so he is in his prime years.

He actually showed special teams coverage ability in college (25 coverage tackles).

He can be a very effective blocker when motivated.

Who knows - with a full training camp under his belt he could contribute.

Comment

• Chet
          Allenhu Joshbar
          • Feb 2017

But don’t take it the wrong way. I still think Claypool is a mental midget and the fact he couldn’t succeed with single coverage in a pass-happy offense is a damning indictment.

But Tua is a f’ing turd and if he wins one playoff game in his career consider that a rousing success

Comment

• sukie
            Seriously?
            • Sep 2012

So who could end up being a better performer. Claypool with the Bills or Poyer with Miami?

Hmmmmmm.

Comment

• Chet
              Allenhu Joshbar
              • Feb 2017

Originally posted by sukie View Post
              So who could end up being a better performer. Claypool with the Bills or Poyer with Miami?

Hmmmmmm.
              Poyer, even at an advanced (NFL-wise) age is a leader who will add something either on the field or in the locker room. Claypool is a me-first mongo joining a team that just lost most of it’s veteran leadership and is coached by a guy who’s message/process got tuned out after the 13 seconds fiasco

Comment

• BuffaloBlitz83
                We play to win the game!
                • Oct 2009

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                **** Michigan. They get the same asterisk as the Patriots.

Harbaugh got caught cheating TWICE and the gutless NCAA didn’t have the balls to punish him properly.

It also begs the question: how many times did he cheat and was never caught? Complete garbage.
                There's a reason we had so many players drafted. Talent!

Comment

• Mike13
                  • Aug 2005

Originally posted by Chet View Post
                  It’s a nothing burger with maybe a 10-15% chance he’s useful. One year deal so no risk…unless he runs a lazy route on a final drive that leads to an interception that loses you the division and any hopes of a title. Or if he celebrates a first down with time ticking off the clock that leads to a close loss where you miss the playoffs by one game.

Most people are hoping he helps. I just hope he doesn’t have anymore selfish meltdowns that can torpedo a season—even in limited action as we saw last season
                  Yeah it's not like he would **** up a come back attempt on the road in Europe against Ka- oh right.

Hmmmmmm.
                  Claypool might not even make your final 53.

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by BuffaloBlitz83 View Post
                    There's a reason we had so many players drafted. Talent!
                    Well if Michigan had so much talent, they wouldn’t have had to cheat so much.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mad Max
                      Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
                      • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Chet View Post
                      Nobody’s doubting the physical tools, but he’s a big dummy
                      Fred! Is that you?

Comment

• sukie
                        Seriously?
                        • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Mike13 View Post
                        Yeah it's not like he would **** up a come back attempt on the road in Europe against Ka- oh right.

Claypool might not even make your final 53.
                        Poyer is old as Mace. Claypool is excising the number 14.

Comment

• Mike13
                          • Aug 2005

Originally posted by John Doe View Post
                          Claypool is certainly worth a look. Reviewing his draft profile, he looks like a bigger, faster version of Coleman.

Breaking down the strengths, weaknesses and draft stock for Notre Dame wide receiver Chase Claypool

In each of his first 2 seasons in the pros he had close to 900 yards receiving.

He will be 26 years old in July so he is in his prime years.

He actually showed special teams coverage ability in college (25 coverage tackles).

He can be a very effective blocker when motivated.

Who knows - with a full training camp under his belt he could contribute.
                          Oh sweet summer child.

Comment

• John Doe
                            Florida Man
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mike13 View Post
                            Oh sweet summer child.
                            I can dream, can't I?

Comment

• Mace
                              Haha...yeah you think so ?
                              • Mar 2013

Poyer is old as Mace. Claypool is excising the number 14.
                              Well, nearly in dog years. I turn 234 this year, been through so many IDs I don't remember when though.

I get letters every year for a name I used a long time ago from various government agencies asking me to hold off on social security another year because they can,t afford to pay the back amount. Pretty cool swag they send me though, like key chains, t-shirts, coffee mugs and mesh caps with cheerful slogans.

Claypool ramps it up or he's gone in a blink. Doubt it happens, but if he turns it on, oh boy. If he doesn't they took a flyer.

I'm still astounded they only drafted one receiver with 10 picks in a deep wr draft with a clear need. That's just a head shaker.

Comment

• sukie
                                Seriously?
                                • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Mace View Post
                                Well, nearly in dog years. I turn 234 this year, been through so many IDs I don't remember when though.

I get letters every year for a name I used a long time ago from various government agencies asking me to hold off on social security another year because they can,t afford to pay the back amount. Pretty cool swag they send me though, like key chains, t-shirts, coffee mugs and mesh caps with cheerful slogans.

Claypool ramps it up or he's gone in a blink. Doubt it happens, but if he turns it on, oh boy. If he doesn't they took a flyer.

I'm still astounded they only drafted one receiver with 10 picks in a deep wr draft with a clear need. That's just a head shaker.
                                Head shaking… like Kathrine Hepburn saying “you old poop” shaking ?

Comment

Working...
                                X