Will the Buffalo Bills be featured in Week 1 of the 2024 NFL season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Woodman
    Legendary Zoner
    • Apr 2014

Will the Buffalo Bills be featured in Week 1 of the 2024 NFL season?

2024 NFL Schedule- Will the Buffalo Bills be featured opening weekend? - Buffalo Rumblings

The Bills have become more of a household name for the right reasons since the arrival of head coach Sean McDermott — and shortly thereafter Brandon Beane’s appointment as general manager.

Following One Bills Drive’s selection of quarterback Josh Allen in the 2018 NFL Draft, the franchise has gone as Allen’s gone. Upward, steadily. Before Allen found his groove and proved the doubters wrong, you could count on one hand the amount of primetime games Buffalo had been featured in since we all survived Y2K.

In looking back at the previous two NFL seasons, the Bills were a featured part of the league’s kick-off. In 2021, Buffalo traveled west to California, facing the Los Angeles Rams on Thursday at 8:20 p.m. ET. The Rams entered the 2022 season as Super Bowl Champions, and Buffalo was still the talk of the league after falling to the Chiefs in a 42-36 shootout the previous January. The Bills delivered a resounding win, 31-10 over the Rams in a game that felt even more out of control than the score indicated. Buffalo played six games in primetime during 2022, plus they were featured on Thanksgiving Day at 12:30 p.m. ET against the Detroit Lions

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Will the Buffalo Bills be featured in Week 1 of the 2024 NFL season?

**** being “featured.” That just means that our games are on at awful times for our fans because it makes the NFL more money

Admittedly it’s a catch 22. Good teams don’t get an entire season of games that are at 1 pm Sunday East Coast time.

But being “featured” isn’t a good thing for our fans. It means the NFL is putting their profits over the best times for our most loyal fans to watch the team. Coach Sal posted something on social media that wasn’t very direct, but he saw some preliminary schedules and they had us with a lot of late games again. Uggghhh.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• GreedoII
      • Aug 2007

not this year. 1pm start at home

Comment

• Jeff1220
        H to the 12:20
        • Jul 2002

The 4:30 games are the best case scenario imo.

Comment

• Woodman
          Legendary Zoner
          • Apr 2014

With our QB we will always be Prime Time it's that simple really.

Just keep us on this continent.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• notacon
            • Aug 2012

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
            **** being “featured.” That just means that our games are on at awful times for our fans because it makes the NFL more money

Admittedly it’s a catch 22. Good teams don’t get an entire season of games that are at 1 pm Sunday East Coast time.

But being “featured” isn’t a good thing for our fans. It means the NFL is putting their profits over the best times for our most loyal fans to watch the team. Coach Sal posted something on social media that wasn’t very direct, but he saw some preliminary schedules and they had us with a lot of late games again. Uggghhh.

Speak for yourself. You are only one of a handful that whine so much about prime time games.

They are NOT "awful times for our fans".

Same with your lame "being “featured” isn’t a good thing for our fans.". What claptrap baloney.

Whining about the Bills being one of the NFL featured teams with a lot of prime time games because they are so ****ing good? Uggghhh.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
              • Mar 2004

I don't really care for prime time games just because I usually go to bed at like 9:30, and I still have PTSD from all the Monday/Sunday night meltdowns of the drought

Comment

• jamze132
                • Jun 2003

I love prime time games, and nationally televised games; especially since I no longer buy the Sunday Ticket. Last year I only had to go to the sports bar four times lol.

Comment

• Mace
                  Haha...yeah you think so ?
                  • Mar 2013

Just imho, the shine is gone.and we're back into "impress us" land

Comment

• cas22
                    • Jul 2005

very good chance we will be playing on thanksgiving day in Detroit.. KC will be primetime, San fran will be primetime Miami might be a thursday night all in all I think at least 4 nighty games

Comment

• cas22
                      • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Mace View Post
                      Just imho, the shine is gone.and we're back into "impress us" land
                      as long as Allen wears the blue and white we always will shine some...

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by notacon View Post
                        Speak for yourself. You are only one of a handful that whine so much about prime time games.

They are NOT "awful times for our fans".

Same with your lame "being “featured” isn’t a good thing for our fans.". What claptrap baloney.

Whining about the Bills being one of the NFL featured teams with a lot of prime time games because they are so ****ing good? Uggghhh.
                        **** that. I like being able to flip to other games during commercials and halftime. I don’t like being either excited after a win or pissed after a loss at midnight when I have to get up for work tomorrow. I pay for the Sunday Ticket package so every game that’s not on it reduces its value for me.

And Buffalo is a small city so our fan base ranges from Syracuse to Toronto. May season ticket holders won’t get home til 3 am when adults have work and kids have school in the morning.

Night games are awful and I’m so sick of so-called “fans” pretending that there is some kind of prestige behind the NFL’s money grabs. You just refuse to pay the $300 for the Ticket so you like it when you can watch the games real time for free.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• cas22
                          • Jul 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                          **** that. I like being able to flip to other games during commercials and halftime. I don’t like being either excited after a win or pissed after a loss at midnight when I have to get up for work tomorrow. I pay for the Sunday Ticket package so every game that’s not on it reduces its value for me.

And Buffalo is a small city so our fan base ranges from Syracuse to Toronto. May season ticket holders won’t get home til 3 am when adults have work and kids have school in the morning.

Night games are awful and I’m so sick of so-called “fans” pretending that there is some kind of prestige behind the NFL’s money grabs. You just refuse to pay the $300 for the Ticket so you like it when you can watch the games real time for free.
                          sorry dude but there are a lot more fans that live all over the country and not in the buffalo area , a lot more Bills fans . I like to watch other games then put my sole attention when the bills play, I don
                          t care what time they play as long as they win.

Comment

• YardRat
                            Well, lookie here...
                            • Dec 2004

I would bet against prime time, I agree with Mace.

The national feed for a 1 or 4:25 start? Maybe.
                            YardRat Wall of Fame
                            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                              • Mar 2004

Week 1 I'd prefer to have a 1 O'clock game at home.

Get the odds stacked in the best of their favor for a 1-0 start.

They started on the road the last 2 seasons, both in prime time, they should get the opener at home this season, but who knows.

Comment

Working...
                              X