Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Will the Buffalo Bills be featured in Week 1 of the 2024 NFL season?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,428 Times in 3,889 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Will the Buffalo Bills be featured in Week 1 of the 2024 NFL season?

"Featured games" are on TV more, here. MST, at that!

The more the better!

2. Post thanked by:

notacon (05-11-2024)

Registered User Forward_Lateral's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,120 Times in 4,303 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I take for granted that I get every Bills game for free here, because CTV carries all the games

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
    I take for granted that I get every Bills game for free here, because CTV carries all the games
    Reddit streams are free and always accessible but broadcast TV access is better!

Thanks
    Thanked 26,394 Times in 13,783 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by sahlensguy View Post
    Reddit streams are free and always accessible but broadcast TV access is better!
    I used to use bootleg streams for the Sabres and UFC but they got less and less reliable as the government cracked down. I can’t risk it for the Bills. Whichever service has Sunday Ticket has me by the balls.

And the Ticket is barely worth it when the team is good. The reason I got the Ticket in the first place is cuz I did the math and it was cheaper than going to a bar every week. But last year, I think there were only 5 games that weren’t on locally and I was out of town for one of them anyway, so it would have been cheaper to just go to a bar for those games.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,786 Times in 7,828 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

"Featured games" are on TV more, here. MST, at that!

The more the better!
    You betcha.

Last season I was able to watch 13 games "live". Either prime time (I LOVE prime time games), London on NFLN or "featured" games when the Bills did not conflict with the Raider's schedule.

The games that were not prime time or in London that were broadcast here last season were:

Las Vegas
    @NE
    NY Jets (2nd)
    @KC
    Dallas

The games with no TV coverage in Vegas....

@Washington
    Miami (1st)
    @Philly
    NE

The first three I was able to use a VPN to fool Paramount+ that I was in Buffalo. Looks like they figured that out because I could not do it for the New Years Eve game vs NE no matter how much I tried.

I finally cut the cord on cable a few weeks ago (after my cable bill went up to $300...YIKES!!!) and now get my internet access with AT&T "Internet Air" that uses 5G signals and it's fast as can be. HALF the cost of cable internet.

Also started using YouTube TV (HALF the cost of cable with same premium channels). It's a lot better than I thought it would be (the trial period taught me that). Of course, being a new subscriber they are offering the first year of Sunday Ticket for $170 off...or $180.

The offer runs out the day after the 2024 schedule comes out. Depending on how may prime time games, and games that do not conflict with Raiders I might just do it....but I'm tending toward passing.

It's still a lot of money to watch a handful of Bills games. I'm already (gladly) spending $100 a year on NFL+ Premium and all I have to do is wait until the game is over to watch it in full, with no commercials.

With Sunday "afternoon" games at 10:00AM here, it's pretty easy to stay away from sports screens until about 1:30PM. 10:00AM football is still pretty weird after 65 years living in the east.

7. Post thanked by:

sahlensguy (05-11-2024)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    You betcha.

Last season I was able to watch 13 games "live". Either prime time (I LOVE prime time games), London on NFLN or "featured" games when the Bills did not conflict with the Raider's schedule.

The games that were not prime time or in London that were broadcast here last season were:

Las Vegas
    @NE
    NY Jets (2nd)
    @KC
    Dallas

The games with no TV coverage in Vegas....

@Washington
    Miami (1st)
    @Philly
    NE

The first three I was able to use a VPN to fool Paramount+ that I was in Buffalo. Looks like they figured that out because I could not do it for the New Years Eve game vs NE no matter how much I tried.

I finally cut the cord on cable a few weeks ago (after my cable bill went up to $300...YIKES!!!) and now get my internet access with AT&T "Internet Air" that uses 5G signals and it's fast as can be. HALF the cost of cable internet.

Also started using YouTube TV (HALF the cost of cable with same premium channels). It's a lot better than I thought it would be (the trial period taught me that). Of course, being a new subscriber they are offering the first year of Sunday Ticket for $170 off...or $180.

The offer runs out the day after the 2024 schedule comes out. Depending on how may prime time games, and games that do not conflict with Raiders I might just do it....but I'm tending toward passing.

It's still a lot of money to watch a handful of Bills games. I'm already (gladly) spending $100 a year on NFL+ Premium and all I have to do is wait until the game is over to watch it in full, with no commercials.

With Sunday "afternoon" games at 10:00AM here, it's pretty easy to stay away from sports screens until about 1:30PM. 10:00AM football is still pretty weird after 65 years living in the east.
    I cut the cord a few years ago. I have T-Mobile home Internet for $25, and YouTube TV. I didn't know about that price for the first year of Sunday ticket. Might be worth it.

9. Post thanked by:

notacon (05-11-2024)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I cut the cord a few years ago. I have T-Mobile home Internet for $25, and YouTube TV. I didn't know about that price for the first year of Sunday ticket. Might be worth it.
    The promo for the first year of Sunday ticket is only for new subscribers of Youtube TV. It was offered during my five day trial of YTTV and lasts for three weeks.

It's a tough sell for me since it really is only for Sunday afternoon games and when the Bills are not playing on Sunday afternoon (which means a prime time game) Red Zone is a pretty attractive way to watch all the games. NO COMMERCIALS!!!

When the schedule comes out, it's pretty easy to see when the Bills are definitely not carried by local broadcast when they conflict with Raiders. Decisions, decisions!!.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The promo for the first year of Sunday ticket is only for new subscribers of Youtube TV. It was offered during my five day trial of YTTV and lasts for three weeks.

It's a tough sell for me since it really is only for Sunday afternoon games and when the Bills are not playing on Sunday afternoon (which means a prime time game) Red Zone is a pretty attractive way to watch all the games. NO COMMERCIALS!!!

When the schedule comes out, it's pretty easy to see when the Bills are definitely not carried by local broadcast when they conflict with Raiders. Decisions, decisions!!.
    I've had YTTV for 6 months now. I guess the offer for ST has passed. Oh well, easy decision for me. Back to Reddit streams for me. No replays of the game is the downside of that though.

12. Post thanked by:

notacon (05-12-2024)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I've had YTTV for 6 months now. I guess the offer for ST has passed. Oh well, easy decision for me. Back to Reddit streams for me. No replays of the game is the downside of that though.
    Replays of every NFL game since 2009 in several formats....full game with no commercials (about 2 1/2 hours)...."condensed" game of every play and only each play (whole game in about 40 min) ....and coaches film "all 22" for only $99 is a screaming bargain.

I'm not familiar with "Reddit streams". What is that?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Replays of every NFL game since 2009 in several formats....full game with no commercials (about 2 1/2 hours)...."condensed" game of every play and only each play (whole game in about 40 min) ....and coaches film "all 22" for only $99 is a screaming bargain.

I'm not familiar with "Reddit streams". What is that?
    Reddit streams or crack streams are links to live games in hd. On game day, just Google "free NFL streams". The rest is straight forward, once you get used to it. Try it out for any NFL, NBA, NHL and MMA events that you are not already paying for. No real features and links can go down, but still...

15. Post thanked by:

notacon (05-13-2024)

Asst to Dean Vernon Wormer POTLAND PSILBYLO's Avatar
    Portland, Oregon Cocoa Mate: Mandy Pepperidge
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,872 Times in 3,392 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Move to Casper, Wyoming. Every Bills game is available there.

17. Post thanked by:

Historian (05-13-2024),notacon (05-13-2024)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by POTLAND PSILBYLO View Post
    Move to Casper, Wyoming. Every Bills game is available there.
    Casper, Wyoming averages 70" of snow not that much less than the 94" in Buffalo.

Las Vegas averages .3" inches of snow. Last time there was measurable snow at my house was Feb 2019. It did not last the day.

Nope. Not for me!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,692 Times in 6,228 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Casper, Wyoming averages 70" of snow not that much less than the 94" in Buffalo.

Las Vegas averages .3" inches of snow. Last time there was measurable snow at my house was Feb 2019. It did not last the day.

Nope. Not for me!!!
    That's just one reason I like Poughkeepsie.

38 inches of snow on average.

last year all i can remember was one day of any real accumulation.

1) Ari 2)@ Mia 3) Jac 4)@ Bal 5)@ Hou 6)@ Jet 7) Ten 8)@ Sea 9) Mia 10) @ Colts 11) KC 12) Bye 13) SF 14)@ LAR 15)@ Det 16) Pats 17) Jets 18)@ Pats

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Woodman View Post

300-400" here this winter and I love it (it's the tourists that I could do without).

Thanks
    Thanked 7,692 Times in 6,228 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

300-400" here this winter and I love it (it's the tourists that I could do without).
    Santa? download-2.jpg

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Woodman View Post

.3" is a LOT less than 38".