When Josh opts out after the 2025 season.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Woodman
    Legendary Zoner
    • Apr 2014

Re: When Josh opts out after the 2025 season.

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
    At some point, Josh is gonna go “how the **** are Kirk Cousins and Kyler Murray making more than me?”
    No he won't!

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Goobylal
      • Jan 2004

They’ve only played a couple of times but Burrow has whooped Allen easily every time. Hurts has gotten to a SB. Josh hasn’t.

But if you’re right, it just makes my point stronger. Josh is eventually gonna get frustrated that he’s getting paid less than guys who aren’t as good as him.
      Burrow also had 3 excellent to great WRs, a top RB and a top offensive mind. But he's now missed significant parts of 2 seasons.

As for Hurts, he appears to have been figured-out. This season will tell a lot.

And Josh will renegotiate when he feels ready to do so. The Bills gave him a huge new deal a couple years earlier than they had to.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
        • Mar 2004

If they don't guarantee the money, I will hand in my fan card

Comment

• DetoxTent
          • Sep 2023

Yes. The Hurts thing is yet to be shown for certain. This season will tell.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
            • Mar 2004

And back to the original topic, it looks like Allen can’t opt out, but IIRC, every QB that’s gotten paid since Allen has gotten more than him, and even if that’s not 100% correct, there are numerous QB’s making more than Allen who don’t deserve to.

Mahomes should make more than Allen. You could make a good argument for Burrow, Hurts and Hebert but it’s debatable. Stroud and Lawrence will likely get there but aren’t quite there yet.

I feel like this will eventually be a problem. At some point, Josh is gonna go “how the **** are Kirk Cousins and Kyler Murray making more than me?”
            You are assuming.

Tom Brady was the best QB on the planet, and he never demanded to be paid anywhere near the most in the league.

Josh seems like the type of guy who really wants to win, and doesn't care about being paid the most.

I could be wrong, but my assumptions are as accurate as yours

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Goobylal View Post
              Burrow also had 3 excellent to great WRs, a top RB and a top offensive mind. But he's now missed significant parts of 2 seasons.

As for Hurts, he appears to have been figured-out. This season will tell a lot.

And Josh will renegotiate when he feels ready to do so. The Bills gave him a huge new deal a couple years earlier than they had to.
              The Bills certainly didn't have Hurts figured out back in November...
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
                You are assuming.

Tom Brady was the best QB on the planet, and he never demanded to be paid anywhere near the most in the league.

Josh seems like the type of guy who really wants to win, and doesn't care about being paid the most.

I could be wrong, but my assumptions are as accurate as yours
                I hope you're right.

But the worst thing about Josh Allen is that he covers for a lot of the team's deficiencies. The Bills' FO doesn't always do the best job of putting a good team around him. "Why get an OL? Josh can just run!"

At some point, I feel like he's gonna start thinking "I'm doing it all myself and we still don't have the talent to win- I might as well get paid as much as the other guys." Obviously, I don't know him personally, but that would be a pretty typical human reaction to that situation.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                  • Aug 2004

I hope Beane learned from what I call "unnecessary extension mistake" with Diggs. a short few years ago. Not saying I'm expecting Allen to drop off performance like Diggs and we just find a replacement. Established franchise QBs are different. You keep them happy not just with money, but more like a part of the "owner" of the team so to speak by involving them with major decisions. Brady is an exception because he knowingly took less. But other recent HOFers like Manning, Brees, Rodgers, Roelithburger all went thru similar experience. None of them required frequent contract re-work to get more money. It is always at extension time, maybe 2 years before their current contract about to expire.

Allen has 4 years to go with his current contract. Moot point at this point because it is not the time.

It's a common perception that he is the 2nd best QB behind Mahomes (or 3rd if you leave out injury concerns on Burrows). So the media or short sighted people will call out under-paid. When it comes to contract negotiations, there are other factors like stats etc. where you are ranked, plus projections in terms of inflation. That's why the new contracts always reset the market. You are a bad GM translate perception to actual dollars unnecessarily. It is unnecessary because it is not time.

Comment

• Woodman
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
                    If they don't guarantee the money, I will hand in my fan card
                    The front office know's this and will do the right thing.

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Woodman
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Apr 2014

The Bills restructured much of his compensation for this year into a signing bonus, and he will now account for $30.356 million against the cap. Allen, 27, is under contract through the 2028 season. Allen's contract was also restructured prior to the 2023 season.

5 seasons remain:

1)24-25
                      2)25-26
                      3)26-27
                      4)27-28
                      5)28-29.

Comment

• Woodman
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Apr 2014

I want to extend my special thanks to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers ........ because if it weren't for them there would be no Josh Allen in Buffalo. The Bills made the 1st trade of the 2018 draft when we traded the 12th pick and two 2nd round picks to move up to the 7th spot.

Comment

• notacon
                          • Aug 2012

Yeah it’s actually the truth. We just released a bunch of quality expensive vets, and replaced them with backups and draft picks.

We’re currently 28th in the NFL with $2.1 million in remaining cap.

The salary cap is a real thing, and the % of cap eaten by the QB’s salary creates a real problem for teams, no matter how much you want to pretend it doesn’t.
                          No, it's not.

Comment

• cas22
                            • Jul 2005

Tom Brady was never the highest paid QB in the league and how many rings does he have?

Allen is set for life and if he truly loves the game there will be no issues, if he is a prima donna then he will complain because he isn't making what another guy makes..

I believe he would take a pay cut if it meant winning a superbowl..

Comment

• cas22
                              • Jul 2005

Yeah it’s actually the truth. We just released a bunch of quality expensive vets, and replaced them with backups and draft picks.

We’re currently 28th in the NFL with $2.1 million in remaining cap.

The salary cap is a real thing, and the % of cap eaten by the QB’s salary creates a real problem for teams, no matter how much you want to pretend it doesn’t.
                              lets not forget on june 1st we can add a little over 10 mil to our cap..

the cap changes every year, teams that have 60 mil under the cap well there record speaks for itself.

Comment

• Goobylal
                                • Jan 2004

The Bills certainly didn't have Hurts figured out back in November...
                                The showed the NFL the blueprint on how to beat them and they proceeded to go 1-6 after that game.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by cas22 View Post
                                lets not forget on june 1st we can add a little over 10 mil to our cap..

the cap changes every year, teams that have 60 mil under the cap well there record speaks for itself.
                                Good call. And they can roll-over that cap money to 2025.

Comment

Working...
                                X