• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Historian
    2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
    • Dec 2002

A Netflix Christmas?

When did they sign this Netflix deal....I never heard anything about that?

Not sure what the league is trying to do with all these silly streaming services.

It's like they're blacking out games nobody wants to watch in the first place.
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: A Netflix Christmas?

They basically just signed it.

They are doing it for money.

People will watch, it's the NFL.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Novacane
      • Jul 2002

You don't have Netflix?

Comment

• Historian
        • Dec 2002

Yea, I have it.

As well as Hulu, Acorn, Britbox, Prime, PBS Masterpiece, and Spectrum.

Most people don't have the array of what I have though.

Comment

• YardRat
          Well, lookie here...
          • Dec 2004

Hulu has doubled in price since I first signed up...I might start looking for an alternative.
          YardRat Wall of Fame
          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• kgun12
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
            You don't have Netflix?
            No I don’t and I won’t get it. I have direct tv and no other streaming services.
            Retired Air Traffic Controller
            USAF VETERAN
            DAV

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
              Hulu has doubled in price since I first signed up...I might start looking for an alternative.
              Mooch off someone else’s account. I’ve been using my brother in law’s since the start of the pandemic.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Historian View Post

Not sure what the league is trying to do with all these silly streaming services.

Broadcast TV is a dying medium. It’s all going to be streaming in the not-too-distant future. We cut the cord when DirecTV lost the Sunday Ticket. YouTube TV is better in a lot of ways.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Woodman
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Apr 2014

images-2.jpg

The days of rabbit ears are over ..... tinfoil and such.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Woodman
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Apr 2014

NFL’s Netflix move is another blow to the NBA

The NFL has taken Christmas from the NBA. Even this year, after claiming it wouldn’t, the NFL did it.

The NFL’s 2024 pivot to Netflix becomes even more problematic for the NBA.

In past years, the Christmas games were on networks that allowed for the flipping of channels from the football game to whichever basketball game was on, during commercials or halftime. With the NFL games on Netflix, it will be harder to hit the “previous channel” button during breaks.

For most smart TVs, someone watching the NFL games would have to exit the Netflix app (which frankly can be a launch-codes pain in the ass to do under normal circumstances) and migrate to wherever they get their collection of TV channels.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• notacon
                      • Aug 2012

Since I already subscribe to all the streaming platforms the NFL is partnering with (and have for a quite some time)...it's no change for me.

This is the logical progression of the most popular sports programing in the US. By a HUGE margin.

People that whine about having to....*GASP*....pay for entertainment that they want is ridiculous.

Comment

• kgun12
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by notacon View Post
                        Since I already subscribe to all the streaming platforms the NFL is partnering with (and have for a quite some time)...it's no change for me.

This is the logical progression of the most popular sports programing in the US. By a HUGE margin.

People that whine about having to....*GASP*....pay for entertainment that they want is ridiculous.
                        I would agree if the entertainment we have to pay for was struggling, but it’s not just ask its players and owners. They’re just greedy SOB’s.
                        It’s okay though, I only watch the Bills and only playoffs. I’d much rather watch a good movie on TCM.
                        Retired Air Traffic Controller
                        USAF VETERAN
                        DAV

Comment

• Historian
                          • Dec 2002

Originally posted by notacon View Post

Community antenna, cable, whatever you want to call it, was designed to be commercial free.

That's what one was paying for.

Now all it is are channels with tons of commercials that actually reduce content.

So why not just offer the NFL in one lump sum?

What the **** does Netflix have to do with sports?

Nothing.

Until now.

And ironically, I have an small antenna strapped to the post on the roof where my DTV dish used to sit.

It gives me 58 channels. Some good....some bad, but many of the rerun channels only show a fraction of the commercials that the pay-tv channels do.

Some have none at all.

Comment

• Gibby 2.0
                            The things I get you to say
                            • Oct 2019

I used to have a lot more streaming. Criterion was great for classic films and then Showgirls (yes, that Showgirls) aired and so I decided to cancel as they lost the plot of why people subscribed to them. Hulu and Disney+ were great for a while but they started jacking up the price. Netflix? I got a trial to watch RRR and All Quiet on the Western Front. RRR is still the weirdest and yet most enjoyably odd thing I have ever watched. AQOTWF, it missed the point. Captured the hell but missed the point. Then I canceled. FUBO and Peacock? Had those, but really I am going back to watching pirate streams on facebook. I just can't envision paying 400 dollars for Sunday ticket again or any of the streaming services.
                            Insert whimsical line here

Comment

• Gibby 2.0
                              The things I get you to say
                              • Oct 2019

Community antenna, cable, whatever you want to call it, was designed to be commercial free.

That's what one was paying for.

Now all it is are channels with tons of commercials that actually reduce content.

So why not just offer the NFL in one lump sum?

What the **** does Netflix have to do with sports?

Nothing.

Until now.

And ironically, I have an small antenna strapped to the post on the roof where my DTV dish used to sit.

It gives me 58 channels. Some good....some bad, but many of the rerun channels only show a fraction of the commercials that the pay-tv channels do.

Some have none at all.

We have about 60 in KC metro, take away the 10 to 15 televangelist and home shopping one and you get 40 or so networks. One has history channel content from when the history channel actually had history on it, a couple show classic cinema, more than a few show court tv type stuff. Svengoolie and old MST3K and Star Trek TOS and TNG are on another.
                              Insert whimsical line here

Comment

Working...
                              X