X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cas22
    • Jul 2005

Re: Bills Schedule Thoughts

to be realistic 11-6 but I'm hoping 12-5... every year we will lose 1 or 2 games against teams we should kill and win against a team we think is a sure loss, that tells me you don't know what other teams bring , last year was last year...

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by jamze132 View Post
      We shouldn’t have had three straight home games last year…
      Agree with that as well

Comment

• kscdogbillsfan1221
        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by cas22 View Post
        to be realistic 11-6 but I'm hoping 12-5... every year we will lose 1 or 2 games against teams we should kill and win against a team we think is a sure loss, that tells me you don't know what other teams bring , last year was last year...
        exactly what i'm thinking

on paper last year we 'shouldn't have' beaten dallas and KC

and we certainly should have destroyed Jets, Patriots and Broncos. there are always a few head scratchers.

and i too think 11-6 vs 12-5.
        2 vs 3 seed in afc
        I came.
        I saw.
        I conquered.

Comment

• notacon
          • Aug 2012

Once again, unbiased and knowledge professional sports journalists refute the usual negativity of some sour puss cynics who pose as Bills "fans".

This from Jeffri Chadiha a 30 year career as a professional sports journalist, covering the NFL who has won a Sports Emmy and authored book about the NFL who played college ball on full scholarship at University of Wyoming before his football career was ended because of injuries.

"...Teams most likely to replace Chiefs as Super Bowl Champs"

For all the people who think the Bills are about to fall apart because of some veteran offseason departures, please stop. This is a team that has found ways to thrive despite a variety of setbacks in recent years. That’s not going to change just because Buffalo had to bid farewell to some aging stars. Yes, wide receiver Stefon Diggs was a great player with this franchise, but the Bills' offense still thrived in the second half of last season without him lighting it up. Yes, this team will miss the veteran leadership in the secondary from studs like Micah Hyde, Jordan Poyer and Tre’Davious White. Guess what? All those guys have been banged up over the last three years and somehow the Bills pressed on. The reality is that all teams lose key players eventually. The best ones know how to prepare and adjust, which is something the Chiefs proved over the last two seasons. Like Kansas City, Buffalo has a franchise quarterback who can do things most mortals simply can’t. If Josh Allen can continue trusting offensive coordinator Joe Brady as the quarterback did in the second half of last season -- after Bills head coach Sean McDermott fired Ken Dorsey and promoted Brady -- then good things will continue to happen. Buffalo looked to younger players like running back James Cook and tight end Dalton Kincaid to be difference-makers, and they responded. They surely will be asking the same of rookie wide receiver Keon Coleman this fall, as his maturation will determine plenty about what this offense’s ceiling will become.

On defense, the question is: Can the Bills pressure opposing quarterbacks? The gamble of paying big money to an old Von Miller hasn’t paid off, so they’ll have to find somebody to consistently do it. On the other hand, the return of All-Pro linebacker Matt Milano from a fractured leg will help a defense that finished fourth in the league in points allowed last year despite a bevy of injuries. Of course, there will be more questions around the Bills than we’ve seen in previous seasons. But this is also a team that has won four straight AFC East titles and nearly beat the Chiefs in each of their last two playoff encounters (including last year’s 27-24 loss in the Divisional Round). It will likely find a way to return to the postseason again.

Comment

Working...
          X