• Show
Clear All
  • Woodman
    Legendary Zoner
    • Apr 2014

Sam Monson: Assessing the Bills WRs This Offseason

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.
  • Goobylal
    • Jan 2004

Re: Sam Monson: Assessing the Bills WRs This Offseason

I see the base offense being Coleman and Samuel starting on the outside with Shakir in the slot, Kincaid at TE and Cook at RB. With that they can move to many different formations.

Comment

• GreedoII
      • Aug 2007

Agreed. I think they have great weapons and skill sets. Better than most of the last 5-6years of this team's roster to to be honest. They brought in guys who catch the ball. Too many dropsies over the last few years. I think they are going to be really good on offense

Comment

• DetoxTent
        • Sep 2023

Originally posted by Goobylal View Post
        I see the base offense being Coleman and Samuel starting on the outside with Shakir in the slot, Kincaid at TE and Cook at RB. With that they can move to many different formations.
        I was about to post a very sarcastic "lay-up" to you as this seems like common sense, but.... That is a huge change over not just one, but two, seasons. All four of those positions will be manned by a new guy as opposed to the opening of the 2022 season.

People complained that Josh wasn't getting the best he could. Given cap restraints, the GM appears to have done every reasonable thing in his power to re-tool for Josh while he's still in his prime. Now Allen had better deliver.

Comment

• Goobylal
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by DetoxTent View Post
          I was about to post a very sarcastic "lay-up" to you as this seems like common sense, but.... That is a huge change over not just one, but two, seasons. All four of those positions will be manned by a new guy as opposed to the opening of the 2022 season.
          From 2022, yeah. But not 2023. Josh knows Cook, Shakir and Kincaid. And Samuel is a vet who, health-willing, will likely have a career year, playing with by far the best QB he has as a pro. The only real question is whether Coleman can play.

Comment

• Woodman
            Legendary Zoner
            • Apr 2014

From 2022, yeah. But not 2023. Josh knows Cook, Shakir and Kincaid. And Samuel is a vet who, health-willing, will likely have a career year, playing with by far the best QB he has as a pro. The only real question is whether Coleman can play.
            It won't hurt him.

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Chet
              Allenhu Joshbar
              • Feb 2017

We need Keon to be a #1 or none of this matters. Here’s hoping he’s a stud.

Comment

• Woodman
                Legendary Zoner
                • Apr 2014

Joe Brady- We have a lot of newness in the WRs room and a lot of excitement - NBC Sports

“Yeah, you don’t just sit there and say you’re going to replace a player, you’re going to replace a scheme or targets,” Brady said during his Tuesday press conference. “Every year is going to be different and to me, the biggest thing is … hey what do these wide receivers do well? And let’s find ways to put them in those positions. And right now, we have a lot of newness in that receivers room and there’s so much good and so much excitement with it.

“So, I think it’s important for us to not sit there and focus necessarily on, ‘Man, we have to replace this.’ More so, it’s like, hey, every season is going to be different. The numbers are never going to be the exact same. And let’s just figure out how we can get our players in the best position to have success.”

The team did draft receiver Keon Coleman at No. 33 overall and signed several free-agent receivers like Curtis Samuel, Mack Hollins, Marquez Valdes-Scantline, and Chase Claypool. But not having Diggs on the field will be an adjustment for Buffalo’s offense and opposing defenses alike.

Comment

• Woodman
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Chet View Post
                  Number 1 is overrated.

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

I disagree. The OC loves to run the ball. My base would be two TE with Knox and Kincaid. Load one side for a power run, audible to a motion play…. So many options with the run game and the receiving options.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Goobylal
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Chet View Post
                      Not even close to being true. They have good receiving options from among Kincaid, Samuel, Shakir, Knox and Cook, and Ray Davis is supposed to be an excellent receiver. They just need 1 from among Claypool, Shorter and Coleman to come through.

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                      I disagree. The OC loves to run the ball. My base would be two TE with Knox and Kincaid. Load one side for a power run, audible to a motion play…. So many options with the run game and the receiving options.
                      That's a possibility as well, as Kincaid can be used as a wideout.

Comment

• Woodman
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Apr 2014

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                        I disagree. Load one side for a power run, audible to a motion play…. So many options with the run game and the receiving options.
                        keep your day job.

Comment

• Woodman
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Apr 2014

Not even close to being true. They just need 1 from among Claypool, Shorter and Coleman to come through.
                          I'd toss MVS into that mix as well.

Comment

• Goobylal
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Woodman View Post
                            I'd toss MVS into that mix as well.

Yes forgot him.

Comment

• Chet
                              Allenhu Joshbar
                              • Feb 2017

Not even close to being true. They have good receiving options from among Kincaid, Samuel, Shakir, Knox and Cook, and Ray Davis is supposed to be an excellent receiver. They just need 1 from among Claypool, Shorter and Coleman to come through.

That's a possibility as well, as Kincaid can be used as a wideout.
                              Without knowing what Keon is yet, we have a bunch of mid guys at receiver. I think their floor is a lot higher than receiver groups in recent years, but your only argument is hope.

That’s not an argument.

Comment

Working...
                              X