X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mightysimi
    Buckle me in on the highway of sin
    • Mar 2010

Re: NFL will test optical tracking system to measure for first downs in preseason

Originally posted by Bill Cody View Post
    That's fine as long as it doesn't slow down the game. The games are already too long. I remember when I was a lot younger you could basically set your watch the game would be over just inside of 3 hours. No longer the case. If they can do this quickly great I'm in.
    Has to be quicker than having the chains run out and set up and then examine and then decide.

Comment

• Bill Cody
      • Sep 2004

Re: NFL will test optical tracking system to measure for first downs in preseason

Originally posted by mightysimi View Post
      Has to be quicker than having the chains run out and set up and then examine and then decide.
      Should be but everyone hated asking for the chains so maybe this technology gets used like a toy and it still ends up taking longer idk

Comment

• notacon
        • Aug 2012

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
        I’m in favor of anything that trades objective evidence for the subjective views of the officials.
        The technical capability of technology like RFID, which is already in heavy use by the NFL, could and should be used a LOT more.

The chips are already embedded in footballs, players' shoulder pads and on in the field.

The accuracy may need to be refined, but it is probably possible to determine exactly where a ball should be placed on every play.

Comment

• mightysimi
          Buckle me in on the highway of sin
          • Mar 2010

Should be but everyone hated asking for the chains so maybe this technology gets used like a toy and it still ends up taking longer idk
          Yeah possible for sure. We will find out in the preseason. If it sucks, they go back to chains for the reg season.

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

That's fine as long as it doesn't slow down the game. The games are already too long. I remember when I was a lot younger you could basically set your watch the game would be over just inside of 3 hours. No longer the case. If they can do this quickly great I'm in.
            There was a period of time when honey could review almost every play I was young and don’t really remember, but the games were getting extremely long because there were so many reviews. Then, they completely took out reviews for a while, and that’s when the games flew by, but it also meant that some really obvious bad calls couldn’t be overturned.

I think the way they do it now is a fair compromise, although I do wish there was a way to review PI that actually worked.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Woodman
              Legendary Zoner
              • Apr 2014

Originally posted by mightysimi View Post

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Historian
                2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                • Dec 2002

Phil Luckett is rolling over in his grave....

Comment

• Woodman
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Apr 2014

It starts at 12:20 what a ufck up.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

Working...
                  X