• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Woodman
    Legendary Zoner
    • Apr 2014

Sean McDermott: Chase Claypool is on a mission

Sean McDermott- Chase Claypool is on a mission to reclaim what he once was - NBC Sports

Wide receiver Chase Claypool’s career has not unfolded as hoped over the last few years.

Claypool was a second-round pick in Pittsburgh in 2020 and he had two strong years for the Steelers, but he was less productive in 2022 and wound up being traded to the Bears for a second-round pick at midseason. He would play 10 games for the team and caught 18 passes for 191 yards before being dealt to the Dolphins for a seventh-round pick in the middle of last season. Claypool had four catches in nine games for Miami and became a free agent this offseason.

The Bills took a flier on Claypool as they worked to remake their receiving corps this offseason and he’s made a good early impression on head coach Sean McDermott. McDermott said the wideout is “on a mission right now to reclaim what he once was” and Claypool agreed that he’s motivated to show that those early flashes of potential were not false hope.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.
  • Novacane
    • Jul 2002

Re: Sean McDermott: Chase Claypool is on a mission

Hopefully he's serious. Talk is cheap.

Comment

• Woodman
      Legendary Zoner
      • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
      Hopefully he's serious. Talk is cheap.
      Love it to be true.

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

The guy was awesome at ND. I’d love nothing more than a former ND Star to become a Buffalo Bills star, but I’m not holding my breath. It’s a long shot at this point.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
          • Mar 2004

It's peculiar how he went from having a great rookie season, a pretty good 2nd year to just falling off the face of the earth.

Going from Big Ben throwing to you, to Kenny Pickett does change things, but it's odd how Pittsburg just threw him away basically, and then he was in another horrible situation in Chicago.

It will be interesting to see how he does. He's known for not running the proper routes, etc, but if they use him properly, he can be a decent weapon, with his size

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
            • Jul 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
            The guy was awesome at ND. I’d love nothing more than a former ND Star to become a Buffalo Bills star, but I’m not holding my breath. It’s a long shot at this point.
            Agree. Not holding my breath, but if he can be what he was as a rookie, this is a home run. Worth a dice roll given where we are with the WR position.
            Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Saratoga Slim View Post
              Agree. Not holding my breath, but if he can be what he was as a rookie, this is a home run. Worth a dice roll given where we are with the WR position.
              Imageee thst it’s low-risk, high reward for the Bills.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Novacane
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
                It's peculiar how he went from having a great rookie season, a pretty good 2nd year to just falling off the face of the earth.

Going from Big Ben throwing to you, to Kenny Pickett does change things, but it's odd how Pittsburg just threw him away basically, and then he was in another horrible situation in Chicago.

It will be interesting to see how he does. He's known for not running the proper routes, etc, but if they use him properly, he can be a decent weapon, with his size

Maybe his early success worked against him. It's not uncommon for young people to think they know everything and some early success makes it even worse. In any profession. Hopefully some humble pie was a wake up call for him. He's proven he has the talent. I expect nothing and hopefully we get surprised.

Comment

• Bill Cody
                  • Sep 2004

he started off as Claypool and ended up as Cesspool

Comment

• Woodman
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Saratoga Slim View Post
                    Worth a dice roll given where we are with the WR position.
                    100% worth the shot.

Comment

• DetoxTent
                      • Sep 2023

Originally posted by Bill Cody View Post
                      he started off as Claypool and ended up as Cesspool
                      Hot DIGGity dog.

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                        • Aug 2004

Comment

• Ed
                          Dude
                          • Sep 2002

Chase Claypool as your 5th or 6th WR is pretty exciting to me. It's not like we're expecting him to replace Gabe Davis.

I liked his interview. I thought he came off as honest and mature. He seems to fit the "humble and hungry" mantra that McD wants.

Comment

• Thurmal
                            • Oct 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                            Who was the last one who was decent? Jeff Burris?
                            "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• sahlensguy
                              • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                              Chase Claypool as your 5th or 6th WR is pretty exciting to me. It's not like we're expecting him to replace Gabe Davis.

I liked his interview. I thought he came off as honest and mature. He seems to fit the "humble and hungry" mantra that McD wants.

I thought it was brutal. I couldn't make it past 3:00. Said what he thought we wanted to hear and was pleased in doing so. Hopefully he does well on the field.

Comment

Working...
                              X