• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Woodman
    Legendary Zoner
    • Apr 2014

Josh Allen learning to play with new center Connor McGovern

Buffalo Bills- Josh Allen learning to play with new center Connor McGovern

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (WHEC) – Buffalo Bills quarterback Josh Allen will take snaps from a new center for the first time in years. This offseason will be crucial for the two to get used to each other.
    McGovern is a veteran offensive lineman, having played three seasons with the Dallas Cowboys before signing with the Buffalo Bills in 2023. However, this will be a true career change in year five. Bills head coach Sean McDermott thinks McGovern is ready for the challenge.
    “Last year he was in a role where he could have been moved over, you know, in the course of a game to back up Mitch (Morse),” said McDermott.
    Morse signed with Jacksonville in free agency, which means McGovern will move over permanently. He and Allen have been putting in extra work to make sure it’s a seamless transition.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.
  • Woodman
    Legendary Zoner
    • Apr 2014

Re: Josh Allen learning to play with new center Connor McGovern

“We get here, we’re two of the first guys here and we’re sitting in the training room, getting stretched out, hanging out right by each other,” said Allen.

On the field, Allen and McGovern will have to learn each others’ signals and cues, which can mean even the smallest things within the snap of a football. Getting to that point requires a lot of attention to detail behind the scenes.

“How we can communicate sometimes non-verbally within a play,” said Allen. “I think the off-field stuff pays dividends on-field.”

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• kgun12
      • Jul 2002

Before all the negativity, they will be fine, a move line this happens every year in football and at every level!
      Retired Air Traffic Controller
      USAF VETERAN
      DAV

Comment

• notacon
        • Aug 2012

Originally posted by kgun12 View Post
        Before all the negativity, they will be fine, a move line this happens every year in football and at every level!
        The Bills also smartly addressed the future by drafting Van Pran-Granger who was pure center for Georgia. Instead of declaring for the 2023 draft, he stayed on another year as captain.

Nick Baumgardner of The Athletic included him in his "2024 NFL Draft sleepers who could make an instant impact as rookie"

Sedrick Van Pran-Granger, C, Buffalo Bills

Round 5, Pick 141

I was probably higher on this center class than some, but even those who weren’t feeling the group as a whole could agree Van Pran-Granger was a great value in Round 5. A three-year starter, two-time national champion and two-time captain, Van Pran-Granger was the backbone of Georgia’s powerful and nasty rush attack after earning the starting job in 2021. He’s probably only a center in the NFL, which is likely why he fell as far as he did.

However, the Bills needed center help and Van Pran-Granger is powerful enough to earn reps as an NFL starting offensive lineman right now. If he’s healthy, watch for him to turn heads early in fall camp once the pads come on.
        He will have every chance to prove he can compete as starter, if not this year, going forward.

Comment

• Goobylal
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by notacon View Post
          The Bills also smartly addressed the future by drafting Van Pran-Granger who was pure center for Georgia. Instead of declaring for the 2023 draft, he stayed on another year as captain.

Nick Baumgardner of The Athletic included him in his "2024 NFL Draft sleepers who could make an instant impact as rookie"

He will have every chance to prove he can compete as starter, if not this year, going forward.
          Next year I can see. I have serious doubts they'll upset the apple cart and give him a chance this year.

Comment

• Bill Cody
            • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Goobylal View Post
            Next year I can see. I have serious doubts they'll upset the apple cart and give him a chance this year.
            Probably true. But McGovern has to perform. He can have all the spidey sense in the world of when Josh wants to call an audible or whatever because they're in the hot tub together but the game film will tell the tale. I'm not ruling out Van Pran- Granger yet

Comment

• Goobylal
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Bill Cody View Post
              Probably true. But McGovern has to perform. He can have all the spidey sense in the world of when Josh wants to call an audible or whatever because they're in the hot tub together but the game film will tell the tale. I'm not ruling out Van Pran- Granger yet
              I would love for VPG to win the starting center job.

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

I just know this is gonna hurt us at some point this year. I don’t see it being a consistent problem, but at some point there will be an issue at a critical juncture and it will cost us a game.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Goobylal
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                  I just know this is gonna hurt us at some point this year. I don’t see it being a consistent problem, but at some point there will be an issue at a critical juncture and it will cost us a game.
                  Did it hurt us when Morse joined the team, in Josh's 2nd year?

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Goobylal View Post
                    Did it hurt us when Morse joined the team, in Josh's 2nd year?
                    Morse was a vet, not a rookie.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Goobylal
                      • Jan 2004

Morse was a vet, not a rookie.
                      McGovern isn't a rookie and is currently slated to start at C.

Comment

• notacon
                        • Aug 2012

You do not "know" anything of the sort.

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

You do not "know" anything of the sort.
                          Yeah, new center/qb combos have never had an issue in the history of football…
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Novacane
                            • Jul 2002

As long as it's one of the games you've already guaranteed as an L it's no loss!

Comment

• Woodman
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Apr 2014

Excellent pick!

Go Beane!

Comment

Working...
                              X