Thread: More Offers Expected To Follow Hamister

Visually stunning but camera-shy. Cntrygal's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,593 Times in 4,537 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

More Offers Expected To Follow Hamister

Mark Hamister was the first to submit an offer to buy the financially troubled Buffalo Sabres. It's likely the Buffalo businessman won't be the last.

"I'm not at liberty to share at this point, but other bids are forthcoming,'' Erie County Executive Joel Giambra said Friday. "Having a real legitimate bid on the table is very much huge progress. ... And the fact that it is a local person, I think, bodes well for this whole situation.''

Giambra said he's aware of at least three other prospective ownership groups that expressed serious interest in making a bid to buy the team, which is currently operated by the NHL. Giambra is closely tied to the Sabres future as Erie County holds a 25-year lease tying the franchise to HSBC Arena through 2021.

http://wgrz.com/sportsfull.asp?id=10409
    Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

short bus extraordinaire SABURZFAN's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Giambara finally did something right and kept his mouth shut.
    Quote Originally Posted by yordad
    Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.