X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kgun12
    • Jul 2002

Billy Buffalo Sucks!!!

Holly crap!!! After the Pats game most of the same people wanting to fire GW, move Jennings to center, make Green head coach an on an on. were the same folks that had us going to the DAMN SUPER BOWL!!! My God!!! Am I happy about the last 2 games NO, but I wasn't putting them in the Super Bowl after the first 2 games either. :xplode:

I suggest that all of you stop typing and read what you have typed over the last 4 week. I don't know if it is SAD or FUNNY, but I do know this, when Wys tried to point out some of the faults with this team, the same people I am writting about now ran him off these boards. :madfire:

Nationally we would like to think that people see us as the "most knowledgable fans in the NFL" If they read this board I don't think that's what they would say about us.

Everyone has a right to post what they think, but remember what Marv Levy use to say. Don't get too high after a win or too low after a loss!

Ok fire at will!!!
    Retired Air Traffic Controller
    USAF VETERAN
    DAV
  • BillsFever
    Mr. Predictament
    • Feb 2003

I agree with you.

Comment

• Bufftp
      Hi Dave!

Administrator Emeritus
      • Jul 2002

I think we should cut Billy Buffalo while were at it.
      Photobucket

In the end, there are only three liberal archetypes: The fools, the beneficiaries and the crooks.
      "If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day, but if you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life"
      Optyimus Ignorus Realityious!

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and the success of liberty.
      - John F. Kennedy, January 20, 1961

To live in the presence of great truths and eternal laws,
      to be led by permanent ideals -
      that is what keeps a man patient
      when the world ignores him,
      and calm and unspoiled when the world praises him. -- Honore De Balzac

Comment

• kgun12
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Bufftp
        I think we should cut Billy Buffalo while were at it.

How are you Bufftp?
        USAF VETERAN
        DAV

Comment

• Bufftp
          Hi Dave!

Administrator Emeritus
          • Jul 2002

leave no head un-severed!

much better Kgun, how are things goin for you?
          Photobucket

In the end, there are only three liberal archetypes: The fools, the beneficiaries and the crooks.
          "If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day, but if you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life"

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Comment

• kgun12
            • Jul 2002

Good. My son at Clarkson is doing great and my son in High school is doing fabulous.

Looking at the people that viewed this vs responses Bufftp it appears the truth hurts or it's easier to complain.
            USAF VETERAN
            DAV

Comment

• Bufftp
              Hi Dave!

Administrator Emeritus
              • Jul 2002

Being a football fan especially in buffalo involves a lot of emotion. Right now people are not happy with the return on their emotional investment into the team. Right now its stock is plumetting quicker than ENRONs did. A win and things will turn upward. A loss, well the counseling lines will be jammed.
              Photobucket

Comment

• kgun12
                • Jul 2002

Being a football fan especially in buffalo involves a lot of emotion. Right now people are not happy with the return on their emotional investment into the team. Right now its stock is plumetting quicker than ENRONs did. A win and things will turn upward. A loss, well the counseling lines will be jammed.
                The wisdom of Bufftp
                USAF VETERAN
                DAV

Comment

• northernbillfan
                  Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
                  • Jul 2002

Well said kgun. It's hard to put a positive spin on this, I've been trying. Some folks just won't listen, and are following the herd.

As fans we have too much negative energy flowing out, and we will always have that negativity. That has been brewing after several years of heart break for us long timers, (1-13, 0-4, Memphis, 3-13...et al) we as a fan base are used to having our hopes dashed. When the Buffalo Bills lose, they lose ugly. And we get upset.

I try to keep an even keel, not too excited, not too down. :goodbad:
                  When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Comment

• kgun12
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by northernbillfan
                    Well said kgun. It's hard to put a positive spin on this, I've been trying. Some folks just won't listen, and are following the herd.

As fans we have too much negative energy flowing out, and we will always have that negativity. That has been brewing after several years of heart break for us long timers, (1-13, 0-4, Memphis, 3-13...et al) we as a fan base are used to having our hopes dashed. When the Buffalo Bills lose, they lose ugly. And we get upset.

I try to keep an even keel, not too excited, not too down. :goodbad:
                    You want to talk about heart and hard times, try being a Bills fan in the early 80's when they were 2-14 and living in Florida and PROUDLY being a Bills fan, That's where I was stationed during those 2-14 days Talk about hard times, everyone made fun of me but I was and will always be a fan during the good and bad!
                    USAF VETERAN
                    DAV

Comment

• northernbillfan
                      Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
                      • Jul 2002

I was made of fun during the 1-13 season in the mid 70's...

And I still am made fun of for being a Bills fan.

Bottom Line...I hope we get redemption,...and soon!
                      When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Comment

• The_Philster
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by kgun12
                        I don't know if it is SAD or FUNNY, but I do know this, when Wys tried to point out some of the faults with this team, the same people I am writting about now ran him off these boards. :madfire:
                        To tell the truth, the ones who ran him off the boards are some of the ones telling us to calm down. The ones who seem to be the most pissed about all this are, for the most part, people who were at the game and saw how little heart his team showed out there.
                        Eb, helmetguy, me, Mikey and Pride are some of the most vocal about this...and the first 4 of us were at the game and aren't happy Wys isn't posting. And Pride was with Wys so that theory is blown out the window.
                        The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• kgun12
                          • Jul 2002

Phil It doesn't matter if you were at the games or not! Anybody can see that they played with little heart. I'm not going to name names, but go back and look at the attacks on Wys, than look at the threads over the last 2 weeks or so, it's quite easy to prove my point about all of this. I'm glad you go to the games, wish I could. I was a season ticket holder for 9 years, believe me, never did it make me think I new more cause I was there, quite the oppisite. I would come home and watch the game on type to hear all the things I missed like Lawyer Molloy comments at the first DB meeting. You can't get that stuff at the game. Again we ain't as good as we played the first 2 games and ain't as bad as we played the last 2 games.
                          USAF VETERAN
                          DAV

Comment

• Buckets
                            • Jun 2003

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile--hoping it will eat him last.
                            W.Churchill --Don't forget 9/11

What a fitting quote. What he meant by that is you shouldn't sit by and do nothing. Do not accept mediocraty. If something is wrong take action. Voice your opinion. Etc.

Comment

• venis2k1
                              Youboty can hope
                              • Jul 2002

I still think we are going to the super bowl.

Comment

Working...
                              X