• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Halbert
    I'm Not Normal
    • Jul 2002

Name the Last Loss that was This Galling

This was the worst performance by an allegedly good Bills team for a very long time. Imagine, losing very, very badly to a team full of backups, either by injury or demotion.

These are the worst losses that “good” Bills teams have suffered to bad teams that I can find:

1992, Wk 14, Jets, 17-24 - Jets won 4 games that year, the loss didn’t hurt the SB bound Bills
    1981, Wk 11, @Cardinals 0-24 - Cards won 7 that year, loss likely cost Bills the division
    1980, Wk 6, Colts 12-17 - Colts won 7 that year, loss didn’t hurt the Bills who won division
    1965, Wk 8, Oilers 17-19 - Oilers won 4 of 14, Bills win league championship

So depending on how you look at it, this was the worst Bills loss in as little as 11 years or perhaps the worst in their history.

Feel better?
  • SABURZFAN
    short bus extraordinaire
    • Jul 2002

didn't we get crushed by the SEAHAWKS years ago?
    Originally posted by yordad
    Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Halbert
      I'm Not Normal
      • Jul 2002

Remember we're talking about "good" teams, ones that should end the season over .500. Perhaps this team doesn't qualify, but for arguments sake ...

Comment

• Thailog80
        Im not a chick!
        • Apr 2003

The MNF Indy game. Wade-o's gem.

"Let's Roll"
        Todd Beamer
        Flight 93
        9/11/01

Comment

• LABillsFan
          • Aug 2002

I can name the next game. @ KC on Sunday night. KC 38- Bills 13
          I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't repeat myself.

Comment

• Halbert
            I'm Not Normal
            • Jul 2002

Three days later and we still haven't come up with a game worse than that one.

Comment

• Dozerdog
              In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
              • Jul 2002

Saburz 's Bills loss to the Seahawks- they were an expansion team and we lost 56-17 on Haloween, 1977

Bad losses by SB teams really shouldn't count- everyone stumbles once in a while- and if they were playoff or SB bound, how bad of a loss could it be?

Comment

• Halbert
                I'm Not Normal
                • Jul 2002

Well yeah but they were only 3-11 that season so they sucked pretty bad. I was referring to damaging losses to bad teams in years the Bills were above .500. So far you could make a good argument that last week's game was the worst ever by a "good" Bills team.

Of course if they end up 8-8 or worse then the whole thing is moot.

Comment

Working...
                X