Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How can we beat KC?

Lecter's Little Bitch
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,702 Times in 1,367 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

How can we beat KC?

It's great that we had a good game against Washington. We came out running and pounding and that's what we said all along that we're supposed to do.

But now we have a very tough game ahead of us, going into Arrowhead to play the still undefeated Chiefs (and yes, they'll win tonight too).

What's the best way to beat these guys? Obviously our D will have to play top notch. But I don't think our offense can be semi-one-dimensional like we have been in the past few games. It's either all pass like in all previous games, or all run like yesterday's.

How do we beat KC??? I'm very worried about this game.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Don't worry, I think Takeo has a speech ready!

seriously, I'm hoping they stick with the running game. Hopefully Moulds will be back in too, for the occaisional bomb!
    I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    KC's defense blows. The team is not what it's record appears. Look at the points per game they allow and you will find your anwser.

Concerns are Crowd noise, Special teams and Trent Green because I believe we can stop Holmes and make them one dimensional.

Bonuses are a new found running game backed by a very physical team on both sides of the ball. Get off to a early start pounding the ball making positive yards/first downs and take the crowd out of the game.

Kick punts out of bounds because there is no reason to let Dante even touch it except for kickoffs with the leg we posses. Don't get cute trying to go away from him on kickoffs and give them the ball on the 40.

Turnovers Turnovers Turnovers. You can slow em down but you can't keep em down. Keep the offenese of KC off the field.

Easy to type, tuff to do I know.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    EASY!!!!!

Kick it out of bounds.

Without Hall, KC is 3-3!
    Resign our own guys!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    I being serious, Kick it out of bounds! KC will proably get the ball between the 30 and 35 every time anyway, so why not give them the extra 5 - 10 yards? Kick it out of bounds.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,485 Times in 7,099 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: How can we beat KC?

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi

How do we beat KC??? I'm very worried about this game.
    Break the qb's arm and kidnapp their rb.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Establish the running game.
    Do NOT let Dante Hall beat you.
    Stop Holmes and make Green beat you through the air.

I would really like our chances in this game if it were in Buffalo.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,485 Times in 7,099 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    Seriously, if the same D we had yesterday shows up and we run the ball and keep their O off the field, we can win.

Buffalo Bills Fan
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,092 Times in 2,341 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    Play a plain-vanilla defensive set. Teams have been puttin' in "wrinkles" to stop them...and KC to their credit have noticed and taken advantage. Play 'em straight. Forget "anti-Hall" tactics...the refs have been giving them beau coup latitude on their returns...nothing to be done about that.

Kc pass def is vulnerable short and long. My 2 cents.
    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Originally posted by stuckincincy
    Forget "anti-Hall" tactics...the refs have been giving them beau coup latitude on their returns...nothing to be done about that.
    beau coup? is that how you spell it? That's really cool. I like that word, but I would have spelled it Buku! And probably looked like an idiot!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    KC is 13 out of 16 total defense in the AFC and 26th overall in YPG. Have to wait and see what happens with a very DESPERATE raiders team tonight to get a real feel on how they will handle the short week, something else to our advantage not to mention we have a bye week coming up. I can see T-Hen getting the rock 30-35 times on sunday night.

Holmes had been playing hurt we will see how durable there #1 offensive weapon can be during a 6 day period with 2 tuff games.
    Last edited by Billzz; 10-20-2003 at 01:25 PM.

Lecter's Little Bitch
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Originally posted by Patrick76777

beau coup? is that how you spell it? That's really cool. I like that word, but I would have spelled it Buku! And probably looked like an idiot!
    I hope you're kidding. It's actually spelled beaucoup (one word) and it's French that means many (or a lot).

Yes, Mr. Miyagi is a multi-lingual person.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    I'm not sure the Bills can beat KC in KC. ...anyway, here it goes...Control the clock! The coaches have to stick to the game plan. If you're down by 10 to 17 points mid 2nd qrtr. don't stop running the ball. Keep pounding it. Running the ball controls the clock, the momentum, and keeps KC's offense (Preist Holmes) off the field.

I hope the Josh Reed of week 7 shows up. He is an important part of the Bills current offensive scheme. His routes are more condusive to Bledsoe's range of visibilty down field. If Reed is dropping passes next Sunday, there will be a lot of 3 and outs for Buffalo.

I think....no...I know the Bills corners can shut down KC's receiving squad. Holmes is the obvious concern here. He is going to brutalize and expose the middle of the Bills DL. London Fletcher needs to have the game of his career next week. If he has to he needs to tie a leash to Holmes' jersey. And a better pass rush would be highly recommended.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi

I hope you're kidding.

Well what the hell is that supposed to mean? An intelligent person asks questions and can admit they're wrong or that they don't know something. I know BOKU means and I have used BOKU many times. However, I've never used BOKU in an instance where I would have had to write it down! So NO, I didn't know how to properly spell BOKU! I really do not see what is wrong with that!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Well what the hell is that supposed to mean? An intelligent person asks questions and can admit they're wrong or that they don't know something. I know BOKU means and I have used BOKU many times. However, I've never used BOKU in an instance where I would have had to write it down! So NO, I didn't know how to properly spell BOKU! I really do not see what is wrong with that!
    There's absolutely nothing wrong with it. People just enjoy giving you a hard time.

Lecter's Little Bitch
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The only stupid question is one that is not asked.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    I’m as mad as hell and I’m not going to take this anymore!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Travis Henry

Run the ball.. Keep their offense off the field and more importantly keep our defense off the field. They are not going to have a cakewalk defending the Chiefs, so lets give them as much rest as we can.

Run the ball early and often and Drew will be able to pick them apart later on.
    "They say he fast, Will McGahee fast."

Lecter's Little Bitch
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Originally posted by Will McGahee Fast
    Travis Henry

Run the ball.. Keep their offense off the field and more importantly keep our defense off the field. They are not going to have a cakewalk defending the Chiefs, so lets give them as much rest as we can.

Run the ball early and often and Drew will be able to pick them apart later on.
    I think you hit the nail just in the head.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    "How can we beat KC?"

Get somebody to poison their meal before the game.