OT: I need your support against Wegmans!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ArcticWildMan

Have your cell phone handy when you talk with Wegmans. If they refuse to refund your money, just place a call to the News station right in front of them. Bet they change their tune real quick when they see/hear you making that call!!!

Comment

• Dozerdog
      In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
      One of my favorite jingles...

Top's Supermarket has people, so you don't have to talk to yourself.........

I bet Mike turned you in.
      I bet Mike was the guy who forgot to ring up the keg...

Comment

• Jaded 7
        Saving the World One Signature at a Time!
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dozerdog I bet Mike was the guy who forgot to ring up the keg...
        If that's true, poor Mike has bigger problems than being forgetful. lol
        Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR ....while I was being rung up I received a call on my cell phone from my buddy so I was talking on it and half paying attention to the cashier. She gave me a total and I gave her money and I proceeded to walk out of the store....

There's not a stone in my heart I've left unturned
        Not a piece of my soul that I ain't searched
        The only answer I found for all this hurt
        Is there ain't not answer here on earth

Comment

• WCoastFin
          I have the arms of a new born baby!
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jaded 7

If that's true, poor Mike has bigger problems than being forgetful. lol

LMAO!!!!
          We wanna see you spit now!!!lets face it we suck.

Comment

• dolfan25
            Clements & Mulakey I'm taking you down next
            • Jul 2002

Well seeing as it's still summer weather, it looks like the summer of 2002 will be a banner 1 for both Bills players and fans for getting in legal problems.

Seriously what kind of policy is it where you pay the fine directly to the store. Sounds like a way for them to recoup some of their security costs.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
              • Jul 2002

I know it is very shady!!!

Comment

• doug45
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by lordofgun
                You actually paid Wegmans the 250???

Sounds like someone was scamming you. If it was legit, you would have been fined by the police, not wegmans. I bet whoever you paid pocketed the money.
                You can ONLY be fined by a Judge... The store can not and the police can not. I would call the police about this scam.

Comment

• lordofgun
                  in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by doug45

You can ONLY be fined by a Judge... The store can not and the police can not. I would call the police about this scam.
                  GREAT suggestion! I would call the police as well.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• shawn
                    • Jul 2002

Which Wegman's location did this happen? I'll make sure to stay away.

Comment

• Buffarama
                      Football-Sport of the Gods
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                      I mean the tap they gave me didn't even work!!! We had to use a crow bar to get the beer out!
                      LMAO Thurm.

Wow, talk about getting jammed. I would like to see the picture of you getting the beer out with a crowbar after getting a bum tap for $250. WOW.

In all reality, they don't have a leg to stand on. I would contact someone above the local Wegman level, threaten a lawsuit, and dispute the charge on your credit card, giveem a earful, they don't nee the $250 and they'll back down. Lawyers and bad press are expensive.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                        Sab and TD are insignificant
                        • Sep 2002

I really wish that this would have happened to me - especially being out here in Ca - (this was a security guard right). In Ca, theft is described as taking something that doesn't belong to you, with THE INTENT TO PERMANENTLY DEPRIVE IT'S OWNER of said property. Second of all, that security guard can't lay a hand on you at all unless you're in a fight, or you're threatening to cause/bring/use violence. If this Wegman's were stupid enough to try to take you to court, you could probably very easily have the case thrown out if they wrote over the tape already - since the only form of acquitting evidence was destroyed. Also, having non relatives (IE coworkers) testify about your character - "Thurm is an honest coworker, and I would say that I'd trust him in my house to not steal anything". File a civil suit while you're at it, and tell them that you'll call some form of media up to let them know about how they're treating their customers, and how that treatment resulted in them being slapped with a civil suit. Also - ask for an injunction to be imposed on them too (a fine to punish them for their improper behavior resulting in some kind of injury ie. physical, financial etc... to a customer. They'll probably settle with you out of court just to keep their name from being dragged through court, and the media as well.
                        www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                          • Jul 2002

I was the wegmans on Maple in amherst!!! I should have taken my beer and ran home!!!!

Comment

• The_Philster
                            • Jul 2002

I don't usually shop there anyway...the stores are a maze and you can't find anything. After you told me this story on Sunday, I'm glad I don't shop there.
                            It was pretty resourceful that you used a crowbar though. You still got your beer.
                            The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                              • Jul 2002

You know it Phil!!! I am a very resourceful young man!

Comment

• Wys Guy
                                Drew and Sam stole all my hair
                                • Jul 2002

Did you pay them in Zonebucks?

Seriously though TT, here's what you do:

First, you write a letter to the president of Wegmans or Danny Wegman. You tell him the deal and then tell him what happened and make it VERY clear that you are not responsible for their cashiers missing things. There're some details missing here. I'm assuming that perhaps you had a cart and the mini-keg was on the bottom?

In any case, it was an honest mistake on your part. So write that letter and let him know you've already plastered this on some message boards and plan on "telling the truth" on other internet sites as well.

THEN, tell him that it was an honest mistake and it was the teller who made it. Since they saw fit to hold you responsible for the teller's mistake, that you rarely pay attention to your register receipts but will be paying extremely close attention in the future. If they ever overcharge you, that since what's good for the goose is good for the gander by their own rules, that you will then file a lawsuit against them for "intentionally overcharging" their customers.

Anyway, I suspect that if you really write such a letter and express your outrage and disgust, that you'll get some action.

I hope you asked to speak w/ the manager!! ?? As well, someone insisted that you should have asked for their tapes. I am sure that they have/had video of the storefront. Demand a copy of that as evidence that you were attempting to get something for free.

Anyway, I'd have been livid if that had happened to me. If in fact it was on the bottom of your cart, and you hadn't checked your receipt, then someone over there is anal about this episode.

Anyway, I'd make a HUGE stink and first w/ the head of Wegman's, whomever that is these days.
                                Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X