Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: OT: I need your support against Wegmans!!

Visually stunning but camera-shy. Cntrygal's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,593 Times in 4,537 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    Originally posted by justasportsfan
    The last thing Wegman's needs is bad publicity. I'd threaten to sue and go to the media. If an idiot can sue McDonald's for spilling coffee on himself and win....

Thurm to make up for their actions I think you should let them supply the beer kegs to all the tailgate parties ...or else.
    hmm great idea.... but what about throwing in a bottle or two of whiskey for when I make it to town??? Better yet, let's make Wegman's pay for all of us to get to a game... and pay for us out of towners to get there!

:drinker:
    Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

ArcticWildMan
    Woo-hoo!!!! I'm all for that!!!

Cntry AWM

Thanks
    Thanked 12,392 Times in 7,275 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    The fishiest thing about this whole thing is the $250 "fine"

Damn I wish something like this would happen to me! They would have picked a fight with the wrong person.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,392 Times in 7,275 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    Thurm...............you must be a really nice guy. They probably sensed that and thats why they took advatage of you. Time to start being a hard ass!

Saving the World One Signature at a Time! Valerie's Avatar
    Somewhere on a Beach sipping something strong
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    People always take advantage of nice people. They see you coming and know they can push you around. I agree, nice people have to stop being nice and start being hard asses! You go first, T.

There's not a stone in my heart I've left unturned
    Not a piece of my soul that I ain't searched
    The only answer I found for all this hurt
    Is there ain't not answer here on earth

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Originally posted by Jaded 7
    People always take advantage of nice people. They see you coming and know they can push you around. I agree, nice people have to stop being nice and start being hard asses! You go first, T.
    Can I have 500 Zonebucks? I need to change someones name

Thanks
    Thanked 11,469 Times in 7,086 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    Originally posted by Jaded 7
    I take it no one's pulled a thing like this on you, Princess? j/k.

Thanks
    Thanked 26,296 Times in 13,726 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    well I have mixed feelings on Wegmans- I used to work there so I know the ***** they pull but I've also seen how bad other grocery stores are now that I'm out of the area...

They were clearly wrong on this one- I would fight it cuz they'll bend over backwards to keep a customer (especially one who buys several hundred dollars worth of alcohol).

And if you ask for a tape make sure you go during the day- most of the stores don't have full time security (which is sad- high tech digital security cameras and no one monitoring) and the lazy night managers don't know how to work the equipment.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    The night managers at my store change the tape each night. They keep the tape for the day and label it and hold onto each day for a little more than a month or so. Go there tomorrow and ask to talk to the security or the STORE MANAGER...tell them everything that happened. Thru all this, you will get your $250 back and maybe even a giftcard for the trouble. Like OpIv37 said...Wegmans HATES to lose customers!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,564 Times in 2,153 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    That's why I don't own a cell phone, Thurm. LOL Seriously, I think you have grounds for a lawsuit, but I am the last person to ask for a legal opinion. I'd call an attorney and ask. The only question is whether a settlement would be large enough to be worth their time. If not you could inquire about small claims court. That's if you don't get satisfaction going through store channels. I'm not in retailing, but I know that stores, restaurants etc. face a big problem in getting ripped off. I know it's not your fault, but they're never going to believe it because anyone who gets caught is going to have some story that makes them innocent. They will try to recoup some of their losses with everyone they catch. They can't do that by being lenient. They would also say, "Well if we let him get away with it, just by paying for the merchandise this time, he'll just try it again." I think if there's any chance to recoup your "fine" you'll have to play hardball to do it.

BTW, I don't shop at Wegmans anyway-too far away to be convenient.
    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Shinier than your mom Shiny Chicken's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    I can understand why they stopped you... I think they had grouds for that.... and I can understand them holding you too....I gotta agree with Mike... bad idea to be on a cell-phone when you're in a situation like that, it distracts you and it frustrates whoever is waiting on you. They probably thought you were running a scam on them.... making sure you were on the phone when you were checking out so it would be difficult for the cashier to ask you questions...

I have a suspicion that perhaps how this started is that the cashier didn't ask you whether you had paid for it already. Security saw you leaving without paying for the keg.... (they watch people that buy expensive items very closely, to make sure they pay for it) they probably then asked the cashier about it, he/she realized the screwed up... lied to save their own ass and that got you in trouble.

You've got to understand why that would be a suspicious situation for them... I have to admit, I think it was in their right to stop you, and to hold you while they sorted it out.... but then someone completely crossed the line in trying to make you pay a "fine"... I really don't think wegmans has such a policy... if they do, then they're ******ed... if they don't, someone should and will be fired. However, I have to say that everything else was within their rights.

What they should have done is call the police and had them take care of the situation, in which case things might have been cleared up just fine.

Drew and Sam stole all my hair WG's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Gotta agree w/ the chicken here!

Who is Wegman's to impose a fine?!?!
    Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Tapit: All the Way to the Derby BillsMan80's Avatar
    In an Ice Hockey Rink Somewhere in the USA!!!!
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Hey BD, always, the place to go for me up in WNY and Canada...Tim Horton's. Love the food there, how about yourself eh? Thurm, before every game, make a trip to Tops and Tim Horton's... A winning connection!
    The NTRA...GO BABY GO!!!!!!!
    THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT WILLIS!!!!!!!!!!! Touchdown Wills McGahee!!!!!

Drew and Sam stole all my hair WG's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    I've never been to a Tim Horton's.

What is it? Why's it so good? What have they got?

Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.
    Administrator Emeritus
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    ****ty story Thurm, that would NEVER happen in Canada. If you bought something at one til, and had to move to another for more purchases, they security tag the items you have paid for. And having to pay a $250 fine on the spot sounds too shady to me. Keep an eye on the credit card reciepts for the next little bit. Security guards only make minimum wage, and have a chip on there shoulders.

Tim Hortons have pictures of a hockey player on the walls. Some guy who used to play for Buffalo.

Now he sells coffee, only he's dead, so his name sells coffee. He put his name on a product, then died. Now his family is rolling in dough. Be careful not to put your name on a product, it might not sell until you're dead.
    When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,017 Times in 512 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    Thanks for all the advice guys!! You are all great!! I will let you know my progress!!!

Sab and TD are insignificant ublinkwescore's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,876 Times in 1,285 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Better yet, let's make Wegman's pay for all of us to get to a game... and pay for us

That sounds like a winner to me - I live all the way in the west coast - I'd be more then happy to be included on that list - that is if we really want to see them pay - get all the California Bills fans on here a trip to a Bills home game.

Please mail my plane tickets, and Buffalo Bills tickets to:

Loren Phillips
    717 Green Sands Ave.
    Atwater, Ca. 95301

I'll also take enough money to buy the equivalent of a 6 pack of beer, and a full sized meal from the stadium. And enough for a - ah what the heck, just give me round trip tickets, a ticket to the Bills game (of my choosing), money to stay at a hotel the whole time I'm on the east coast, and enough money for me to eat while I'm there too - (instead of spending the hotel money for a room at a hotel, I'll spend it on beer, and hookers/strippers, and I'll crash at a fellow bills fan's house who has a three day weekend - hookers can be expensive, so hit them up for a lot of money).
    www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Thanks
    Thanked 1,017 Times in 512 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    I will see what I can do UB!!!! LOL

Where the people look good, where the music is loud
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Originally posted by northernbillfan
    Now he sells coffee, only he's dead, so his name sells coffee. He put his name on a product, then died. Now his family is rolling in dough. Be careful not to put your name on a product, it might not sell until you're dead.
    It's a sad story actually. Tim Horton's widow put all the money made from the donut store up her nose or in her arm.

Wendys now owns the company...I think his widow is living on the street or something now.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Thurmanator,

I do not quite understand how your story went down. I mean I understand what your saying but your details sound odd. I don't know Wegmans but do know this. Security personnel in private industry do not have the legal power to arrest or hold someone (unless they are an off-duty police officer) You should not have gone with them to any room. If they really thought that you were trying to rip them off, they would have called the police. When the police would have arrived, that fact that you paid for other items while on-line and had enough cash on hand to pay for Keg would have clearly shown the oversight was on Wegman's cashier, and your initial response to correct it would have satisfied the "Real" police (unless they are jerks up by you.) In any case, even if you were arrested by real police, with a clean record, and the somewhat shady circumstances at Wegmans, the case would probably not be persued by a DA.

Also, Wegman's cannot fine you money either. They are not a legal court. What they did was to steal 250 dollars from you. Since you went with them into a closed room, you will never be able to prove that to authorities.

Sounds like Wegmans is doing some illeagal stuff up there. It would be worth it for you to consult a lawyer and follow up on this.

NEVER GO WITH SECURITY PEOPLE AT ANY COMMERCIAL ESTABLISHMENT. ALWAYS MAKE THEM CALL THE POLICE (if your really innocent) If you are really innocent and they grab you and fight you, you have an incredibe opportunity for a assault and battery, civil lawsuit, as well as an illeagal restraint one as well.