OT: I need your support against Wegmans!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cntrygal
    Visually stunning but camera-shy.
    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
    The last thing Wegman's needs is bad publicity. I'd threaten to sue and go to the media. If an idiot can sue McDonald's for spilling coffee on himself and win....

Thurm to make up for their actions I think you should let them supply the beer kegs to all the tailgate parties ...or else.
    hmm great idea.... but what about throwing in a bottle or two of whiskey for when I make it to town??? Better yet, let's make Wegman's pay for all of us to get to a game... and pay for us out of towners to get there!

:drinker:
    Originally posted by notacon
    The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

Woo-hoo!!!! I'm all for that!!!

Cntry AWM

Comment

• BledsoeTOreedfor6
        • Jul 2002

The fishiest thing about this whole thing is the $250 "fine"

Damn I wish something like this would happen to me! They would have picked a fight with the wrong person.

Comment

• BledsoeTOreedfor6
          • Jul 2002

Thurm...............you must be a really nice guy. They probably sensed that and thats why they took advatage of you. Time to start being a hard ass!

Comment

• Jaded 7
            Saving the World One Signature at a Time!
            • Jul 2002

People always take advantage of nice people. They see you coming and know they can push you around. I agree, nice people have to stop being nice and start being hard asses! You go first, T.

There's not a stone in my heart I've left unturned
            Not a piece of my soul that I ain't searched
            The only answer I found for all this hurt
            Is there ain't not answer here on earth

Comment

• casdhf
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jaded 7
              People always take advantage of nice people. They see you coming and know they can push you around. I agree, nice people have to stop being nice and start being hard asses! You go first, T.
              Can I have 500 Zonebucks? I need to change someones name
              Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
              cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jaded 7
                I take it no one's pulled a thing like this on you, Princess? j/k.
                sacrifice1
                https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

well I have mixed feelings on Wegmans- I used to work there so I know the **** they pull but I've also seen how bad other grocery stores are now that I'm out of the area...

They were clearly wrong on this one- I would fight it cuz they'll bend over backwards to keep a customer (especially one who buys several hundred dollars worth of alcohol).

And if you ask for a tape make sure you go during the day- most of the stores don't have full time security (which is sad- high tech digital security cameras and no one monitoring) and the lazy night managers don't know how to work the equipment.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Michael82
                    • Jul 2002

The night managers at my store change the tape each night. They keep the tape for the day and label it and hold onto each day for a little more than a month or so. Go there tomorrow and ask to talk to the security or the STORE MANAGER...tell them everything that happened. Thru all this, you will get your $250 back and maybe even a giftcard for the trouble. Like OpIv37 said...Wegmans HATES to lose customers!!!

Comment

• TigerJ
                      • Jul 2002

That's why I don't own a cell phone, Thurm. LOL Seriously, I think you have grounds for a lawsuit, but I am the last person to ask for a legal opinion. I'd call an attorney and ask. The only question is whether a settlement would be large enough to be worth their time. If not you could inquire about small claims court. That's if you don't get satisfaction going through store channels. I'm not in retailing, but I know that stores, restaurants etc. face a big problem in getting ripped off. I know it's not your fault, but they're never going to believe it because anyone who gets caught is going to have some story that makes them innocent. They will try to recoup some of their losses with everyone they catch. They can't do that by being lenient. They would also say, "Well if we let him get away with it, just by paying for the merchandise this time, he'll just try it again." I think if there's any chance to recoup your "fine" you'll have to play hardball to do it.

BTW, I don't shop at Wegmans anyway-too far away to be convenient.
                      I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Benjudah
                        Shinier than your mom
                        • Jul 2002

I can understand why they stopped you... I think they had grouds for that.... and I can understand them holding you too....I gotta agree with Mike... bad idea to be on a cell-phone when you're in a situation like that, it distracts you and it frustrates whoever is waiting on you. They probably thought you were running a scam on them.... making sure you were on the phone when you were checking out so it would be difficult for the cashier to ask you questions...

I have a suspicion that perhaps how this started is that the cashier didn't ask you whether you had paid for it already. Security saw you leaving without paying for the keg.... (they watch people that buy expensive items very closely, to make sure they pay for it) they probably then asked the cashier about it, he/she realized the screwed up... lied to save their own ass and that got you in trouble.

You've got to understand why that would be a suspicious situation for them... I have to admit, I think it was in their right to stop you, and to hold you while they sorted it out.... but then someone completely crossed the line in trying to make you pay a "fine"... I really don't think wegmans has such a policy... if they do, then they're ******ed... if they don't, someone should and will be fired. However, I have to say that everything else was within their rights.

What they should have done is call the police and had them take care of the situation, in which case things might have been cleared up just fine.

Comment

• Wys Guy
                          Drew and Sam stole all my hair
                          • Jul 2002

Gotta agree w/ the chicken here!

Who is Wegman's to impose a fine?!?!
                          Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• BillsMan80
                            Tapit: All the Way to the Derby
                            • Jul 2002

Hey BD, always, the place to go for me up in WNY and Canada...Tim Horton's. Love the food there, how about yourself eh? Thurm, before every game, make a trip to Tops and Tim Horton's... A winning connection!
                            The NTRA...GO BABY GO!!!!!!!
                            THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT WILLIS!!!!!!!!!!! Touchdown Wills McGahee!!!!!

Comment

• Wys Guy
                              Drew and Sam stole all my hair
                              • Jul 2002

I've never been to a Tim Horton's.

What is it? Why's it so good? What have they got?
                              Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• northernbillfan
                                Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
                                • Jul 2002

****ty story Thurm, that would NEVER happen in Canada. If you bought something at one til, and had to move to another for more purchases, they security tag the items you have paid for. And having to pay a $250 fine on the spot sounds too shady to me. Keep an eye on the credit card reciepts for the next little bit. Security guards only make minimum wage, and have a chip on there shoulders.

Tim Hortons have pictures of a hockey player on the walls. Some guy who used to play for Buffalo.

Now he sells coffee, only he's dead, so his name sells coffee. He put his name on a product, then died. Now his family is rolling in dough. Be careful not to put your name on a product, it might not sell until you're dead.
                                When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍