Thread: *Game Thread* Sabres Vs. Leafs

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Power to Give Rep
    Still haven't heard what happen to Dumont

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Was he ever on the ice for the game?

A double-whammy for me tonight...I got the score correct (3-3), and I called the 1st star (Sundin) correctly. That's if the CBC announced the correct stars.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    great game

Sabre11 Rules the TZ!!!! alyson's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    We're doing SO much better so far than our December play. A tie is fine, we have to work our way up to consistent winning :)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Alyson,

Having watched the entire game, I'd say I don't want us to continue to play like tonight. We were damn lucky it wasn't 5 or 6-3. Biron was a wall tonight, and thankfully. We took advantage of our few SOGs, but that was it. We'll take the 1 point, because we need it. But we have to stop playing safe after we get a lead. We need to just keep pouring it on.

Sabre11 Rules the TZ!!!! alyson's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    I agree with you, but I just don't think we can expect all that much after the really awful play the last month. Maybe I'm letting them off too easily! But I really think they're making strides. IF only they could play like they did on New Year's Eve; they just stomped all over the Caps the entire game. We do tend to back off too much after we get a one-goal lead. I wonder if that's a problem with the players, or the coaching?!?!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    I'm not sure. I'm guessing it is Lindy's defense-first mentality. Alas, points are points.

G'night everyone, we'll "talk" to everyone later.

Can suck a golf-ball through a garden-hose. BironsGirl43's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Well.. somehow I knew we wouldn't be lucky enough to sneak off with the win. The Leafs really dominated huge chunks of that game. Wow.. I can breathe easy now that it's over. Glad we didn't lose.. and a point against the Leafs after playing last night is decent.. I guess we should be happy. Although ties do suck.. it's better than a loss. Good chances.. good saves.. good game.

I thought Marty played a pretty strong game. The Leafs had a lot of chances close in.. and with lots of traffic infront. And they did score 2 of their goals on the PP.. when they were left in all alone. The goals that were scored were made on plays where mistakes had happened.. (eg. Kalinin not taking Sundin).. but that's okay. A point is a point. 34 saves is nice.. I really liked the one he made on Fitzgerald.. Biron slid to the other side of the net to make the save with his pad. I'm glad to see that his record is at 500 again too
    ~*Let's go Buffalo*~

Sabres Zone
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Pyrrhonist

Do you realize, Toronto is the best team in the league right now?

And to get a tie with them is damn fine for me.

We played fine, who gives a damn about sog, most were blocked its not like we were hammered the entire game.

Oh and another thing, why post football junk here? Theres a football forum as well fyi.

Good Game.
    Undefeated in 6 of 7 games.

Lookin good!
    “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Originally posted by JD SabreFan

Oh and another thing, why post football junk here? Theres a football forum as well fyi.
    You're absolutely right. My apologies.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Yes indeed, we did play the "best" team in the NHL (A subjective statement, by far), but we got outplayed last night, plain and simple. Anyone who watched the game could see that. They were tougher than us, they knocked us around. Not only that, but the puck must've been in our own zone for about 30% of the game. SOGs aren't the end-all stat in hockey, but if you're getting toasted by near 40 shots, then something's not right. If it wasn't for Biron last night, we'd have lost something like 6-3 (or worse). Thankfully Marty was on fire last night, he saved the day. Having watched the entire game, we should've won that game after getting the lead, but we decided to sit on the lead and play it "safe", allowing Toronto to come storming back (I'll of course give a minor assist to the PP that Tucker "earned" with his Forsberg antics). The point is great, but we could've earned a 2nd one had we kept playing the entire game. We've got 2 other powerhouses in Philly and Ottawa next, and we can't be playing soft against them if we hope to earn any points in those games. We can't let the Washington/Carolina/Anaheim games deceive us into thinking we have the power of a Colorado or Vancouver in terms of outmuscling another team.

Sabres Zone
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Well wtf do u expect were at the bottom of the league practically.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    I expect this team to keep getting better. I'm not like a Sharks fan, where I accept mediocrity for years, then finally realize 10 years later that I'm getting fed a line of crap from the ownership.