Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pyrrhonist
    • Sep 2003

Yes indeed, we did play the "best" team in the NHL (A subjective statement, by far), but we got outplayed last night, plain and simple. Anyone who watched the game could see that. They were tougher than us, they knocked us around. Not only that, but the puck must've been in our own zone for about 30% of the game. SOGs aren't the end-all stat in hockey, but if you're getting toasted by near 40 shots, then something's not right. If it wasn't for Biron last night, we'd have lost something like 6-3 (or worse). Thankfully Marty was on fire last night, he saved the day. Having watched the entire game, we should've won that game after getting the lead, but we decided to sit on the lead and play it "safe", allowing Toronto to come storming back (I'll of course give a minor assist to the PP that Tucker "earned" with his Forsberg antics). The point is great, but we could've earned a 2nd one had we kept playing the entire game. We've got 2 other powerhouses in Philly and Ottawa next, and we can't be playing soft against them if we hope to earn any points in those games. We can't let the Washington/Carolina/Anaheim games deceive us into thinking we have the power of a Colorado or Vancouver in terms of outmuscling another team.

Comment

• JD
      Sabres Zone
      • Sep 2003

Well wtf do u expect were at the bottom of the league practically.
      “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• pyrrhonist
        • Sep 2003

I expect this team to keep getting better. I'm not like a Sharks fan, where I accept mediocrity for years, then finally realize 10 years later that I'm getting fed a line of crap from the ownership.

Comment

Working...
        X