• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Sabres Fans, you'll like this

My wife is from Puerto Rico and we went there to visit her family for the holidays. We went to visit her uncle and cousins, who live in the mountains in the center of the island- basically the middle of nowhere.

I was surprised that one of her cousins was wearing a Sabres jersey. He's never been to Buffalo or lived in the US, so I have no idea how he even heard of the Sabres or where he got the jersey. But someone in the mountains of a tropical island 2500 miles from Buffalo roots for the Sabres.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • JD
    Sabres Zone
    • Sep 2003

That is awesome!

Newer or old one?
    “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by JD SabreFan
      That is awesome!

Newer or old one?
      It was a newer one, but it didn't have a player name on the back so it could have been from anytime after they switched logos a few years back. But it was in good shape, so it couldn't have been too old
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Sabre11
        • Aug 2002

Don't they get clothes donated to them? I didn't know the Sabres opened a store in Puerto Rico.

Comment

• JD
          Sabres Zone
          • Sep 2003

ahahhahhaha

Donated by salvation army to places there I would imagine, not to be an ass or anything.
          “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

I'm sure he bought it off the internet- there's no Salvation army stores in PR that I know of. And who the hell donates a new $60 hockey jersey anyway?
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Sabre11
              • Aug 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
              I'm sure he bought it off the internet- there's no Salvation army stores in PR that I know of. And who the hell donates a new $60 hockey jersey anyway?
              DozerDog?

Comment

• Capt.Karacho
                • Jan 2003

Nice story, but I know what it's like to be the only one who knows and loves the Sabres here in northern Germany!
                Not many NHL Fans and less Sabres fans here in Germany.
                Sad but true...

Comment

• Sabre11
                  • Aug 2002

Originally posted by Capt.Karacho
                  Nice story, but I know what it's like to be the only one who knows and loves the Sabres here in northern Germany!
                  Not many NHL Fans and less Sabres fans here in Germany.
                  Sad but true...
                  Capt, Are you in the military there in Germany?

Comment

• Myers57
                    Registered User and McLovin stunt double
                    • Sep 2003

Thats awesome, and if anybody throws Sabres jerseys in the Salvation Army boxes, I will be their number one customer!!!

Comment

• Capt.Karacho
                      • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Sabre11

Capt, Are you in the military there in Germany?

Why,SIR?

Comment

• JD
                        Sabres Zone
                        • Sep 2003

Capt. were proud to have you on the wagon, can I ask why you started to like the Sabres?

Comment

• Sabre11
                          • Aug 2002

Originally posted by Capt.Karacho
                          Why,SIR?
                          Because I'm in the military and don't call me sir, I work for a living.

Comment

• alyson
                            Sabre11 Rules the TZ!!!!
                            • Sep 2003

I saw this young black kid in this really bad neighborhood near where I live wearing a Hasek Sabres jersey. I thought that was so funny and I tried to make my friend pull over so I could ask the kid if he knew what he was wearing, but he wouldn't pull over. I have to think that was just a fashion statement, but who knows?
                            The sad part about living in Baltimore is that, if you can find a hockey fan, they like Philly or the Rangers/Islanders or the Caps. Although my favorite bar is owned by a guy from Buffalo so it's always fun to hang out there during the season.

Comment

• Sabre11
                              • Aug 2002

Originally posted by alyson
                              I saw this young black kid in this really bad neighborhood near where I live wearing a Hasek Sabres jersey. I thought that was so funny and I tried to make my friend pull over so I could ask the kid if he knew what he was wearing, but he wouldn't pull over. I have to think that was just a fashion statement, but who knows?
                              The sad part about living in Baltimore is that, if you can find a hockey fan, they like Philly or the Rangers/Islanders or the Caps. Although my favorite bar is owned by a guy from Buffalo so it's always fun to hang out there during the season.
                              That is the kind of neighborhood you don't drive through with the windows rolled down...I can't blame your friend...

Comment

Working...
                              X