1-800-SAD-GOAT
    • Jul 2002

OK, I willnot do it again

Comment

• socalfan
      Old Fogey from Cali
      • Feb 2003

Originally posted by northernbillfan
      Yeah you may of beat us, but NASA is using lots of invaluable Canadian technology, without it, the Rover would never have been able to get there in the first place.
      Originally posted by Ð
      Mission scientists yesterday chose the first exploration target for Spirit — a dusty depression they dubbed Sleepy Hollow — using 3-D, black-and-white images captured by the Canadian-built image sensors and transmitted across 170 million kilometres of space.

Yet even the first low-resolution black-and-white Mars photos from Sunday created excitement at the Eastern Townships chip-manufacturing plant — called a foundry in high-tech jargon — where Groulx is a product manager for the international semi-conductor and electronics company with headquarters in Waterloo

We wouldn't be able to see a thing if it weren't for the Canadian technology on-board.

Story

Do you get the impression that the border is artificial? If you are a heavy beer drinker, tea drinker and scone in the afternoon eater, or ask only eh questions then you live in the 51st state. If you burp or fart in public, have an accent that only people within 100 miles of you understand, or think yourself superior then you live in one of the other 50 states.

Comment

• Ð
        1-800-SAD-GOAT
        • Jul 2002

Oh yeah...tell that to US Immigration, who give a whole new meaning to "give US the finger(print)" by treating travellers as criminals.

Comment

• socalfan
          Old Fogey from Cali
          • Feb 2003

But that really isn't any different than when someone from the lower 50 like NY goes to Indiana. Security is just handled by a different element in the society.

Comment

• Ð
            1-800-SAD-GOAT
            • Jul 2002

I think you're getting your hosers & hoosiers mixed up

Comment

Originally posted by Ð
              Oh yeah...tell that to US Immigration, who give a whole new meaning to "give US the finger(print)" by treating travellers as criminals.

LOL!!! This coming from a country that will turn drivers away at the border if they have had a DUI anytime in their life? I had a friend refused passage through Canada on a trip to Alaska 2 years ago because he had a DUI back in the 70's. I guess getting a DUI 30 years ago makes him a criminal

BTW....taking 1 minute to have a digital fingerprint and a picture taken is hardly being treated as a criminal.

If people can't understand we need to take basic steps to police who comes into OUR country, they can just stay away.

One other thing...have you ever been overseas and seen what it takes to gain access to some countries? It's literally one step short of an interogation.

Comment

• Ð
                1-800-SAD-GOAT
                • Jul 2002

Actually, I have been overseas. You name the country & I've probably been there.

All I have to do is flip them my Canadian passport & breeze right through. I was actually thinking of getting dual British/Canadian citizenship (Tania's British) so I can go through the non-interrogation lines while you suckers get the anal probe

As far as DUI, It's a criminal record. You are barred from crossing north just as I would be barred from crossing south until you get a pardon after a criminal conviction.

Comment

The US does not restrict people from entering the US for a DUI.

DUI is not even on the same plane as a "criminal" act.

As a matter of fact, I'm not even sure the US restricts entry except for the most severe criminal crimes like murder/rape. My Mother who is a naturalized US citizen was never asked about a criminal record when she entered the US (unlike the process when we entered Canada)

Comment

• ticatfan
                    The Meathead of Muslims!
                    • Jul 2002

So we are wrong on who we let in,but you are not wrong on how you treat people going in.I should not have to have my fingerprints taken if I have not broken the law. You can't have it both ways.:)
                    Political correctness ( or cancel culture as it is called today) is a doctrine fostered by a delusional ,illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by MSM which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
                    Harry S Truman 1941.

Comment

Typical Ticat..twisting things around to try and portray the US as a bad guy.

No..I was just pointing out how foolish D's whining was when you guys treat people with a DUI as a criminal and interogate people at the border as if each one was a mass murderer waiting to run rampent in your country.

Comment

• ticatfan
                        The Meathead of Muslims!
                        • Jul 2002

It is amazing what type of people try to get in here ,trying to get our beer.We have to be carefull you know.
                        Political correctness ( or cancel culture as it is called today) is a doctrine fostered by a delusional ,illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by MSM which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
                        Harry S Truman 1941.

Comment

• ticatfan
                          The Meathead of Muslims!
                          • Jul 2002

When I went to washington last june,I got seached twice at the airport.So both sides are at fault.
                          Harry S Truman 1941.

Comment

Try DRIVING across the border. I have never been hassled as much as the times I have crossed into Canada heading to/from Alaska.

I will use the AK ferry system if I ever have a need to drive to the lower 48 in the future. I refuse to spend my money in Canada and help support your economy if they are going to treat me so rudely at the border.

I know of a lot of folks who feel the same way!!! Every year I run into to tourists who refuse to drive the ALCAN ever again because of the hassles they get by your border guards. They will fly up here and bypass your country altogether.

I don't quite understand the reason for such hassles. It only hurts your economy in the end. Your northern and western provinces aren't exactly rolling in money and can't afford to piss away tourist money.

Comment

• lordofgun
                              in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                              • Jul 2002

Bottom line: Canadians stink!

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• ticatfan
                                The Meathead of Muslims!
                                • Jul 2002

Come on artic,you know how many people from here go south in the winter,ALOT. And they can tell you the same thing about arrogant border guards.People used to go thru the states to by pass quebec,but the don't anymore. The guards on both sides must go to the same border guard school.lol
                                Harry S Truman 1941.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡