• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WG
    Drew and Sam stole all my hair
    • Jul 2002

Henry fails yet another test:

Inasmuch as Henry's rushing ability, he once again proved that he's unreliable and extremely inconsistent.

He missed two holes right in front of him for no gain when he could have had at least 5 yards on both.

While some of you will blow the same old weak-sounding "Henry-horn" w/ the notion that he averaged almost 4 ypc, the fact is that w/o that 29 yard run, he had 14 carries for 29 yards and a 2.0 ypc avg.

That is not good no matter how you slice it for yet another sub-par performance. I don't think the coaches have any confidence that he can do the job.

Taking away his longest 3 runs of 29, 11, and 8 yards, he's left w/ runs of:

2, -3, 1, -2, 2, 3, 0, 2, -2, 3, 2, 2

That simply BLOWS!

Bottom line: How much longer are we gonna wait to try something new. This season is already in the tank as far as making the playoffs goes. Perhaps there are a few delusionaries out there who are still holding out hope. We may finish at 9-7 or 8-8. I'm saying 6-10 or 7-9 at this point. No better, possibly even 5-11 if we underrate other teams.

So how about trying out some other things at RB. The coaches clearly don't believe Henry is the man or they'd have given him at least 12 carries in the first half. Instead, he's proven that he either gets a big-play run or just can't run the ball at all 80% of the time.

Well, we don't need big plays from Henry and the running game. What we need is an RB who can get 4 or 5 yards a carry consistently to help take the load off of Drew who can put up all the big plays we need in a game!
    Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

• Buffarama
    Football-Sport of the Gods
    • Jul 2002

We should try and steal Dillon from Cincinnatti. They don't seem to bright over there, it could happen.

Comment

• casdhf
      • Jul 2002

Wys, Why take away his longest runs? That's just stupid. Take away all of Henry's runs over 3 yards and his average will be 1.7. Who cares??? He earns every yard, whether its 2 or 45.
      Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
      cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Creemoredrinker
        Senior Zoner
        • Sep 2002

Wys, You Are ON a Campaign Here

What do you really want the Bills to do other than get rid of Henry?

:loblo:

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
          • Jul 2002

"Wys, You Are ON a Campaign Here"

Here we go again...

Comment

• casdhf
            • Jul 2002

He wants a HB with no big play ability. A back that gets 3.5 yards every carry then falls down. Season stats:
            200 carries for 700 yards and 3 TDs. Long of 3.5
            cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Buffarama
              Football-Sport of the Gods
              • Jul 2002

LOL Cas

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
                • Jul 2002

I like the way Henry has been running. Sans the fumbles. I don't know what you're watching wys.

Comment

• Wys Guy
                  • Jul 2002

LOL cas.

Sorry, it was a CRAP performance. If he did that every week it wouldn't help us in the least! Sorry to bust on your boy. But he isn't cutting it.

Cree,

IDK. That's for the coaches to figure out. But before we ride out the year w/ Henry who's on pace now for only around 1,000 yards and falling each week due to an anomalous first week, I'd say we should try something! Wouldnt' you?

Based on the last 4 weeks, he's averaging less than 50 ypg and is right on pace for exactly what he did last year in only 13 games.

I can't believe anyone is still standing up for this stiff! He blatantly missed two clear holes right in front of him on Sunday. He was directly behind a blocker w/ a HUGE hole to the left of the man and a "pile" to the right. What does he do? He runs into the pile when he probably could have gained 10+ yards by going left. Unbelieveable is the only word that I can think of to describe it. If you don't believe me go see for yourself. It occurred at around 11 min. left in the 3rd Q. There was another as well.

I don't see why you're so averse to trying something new?!?

What? You're happy and content w/ Henry's 191 yards on 51 carries over the past 4 games for a ypc avg of about 3.7 ypc??

I'm not! Especially when you consider that 45 of those runs have been horrendous and probably 25% of them have been for negative yardage.

Time for us to try something else. Why waste another 11 games before heading into next season not fully knowing what we have on the bench!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Wys Guy
                    • Jul 2002

Oh yeah, and he only has 2 rushing TDs to 3 fumbles in the last 4 games!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

We had Thurman then we had A. Smith who in his second year rushed for over 1,000 yds. (or was it first) Henry is on his 2nd year and I guess we expect more out of him. He's been mediocre as best and we need better.
                      sacrifice1
                      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• casdhf
                        • Jul 2002

At least next season Bryson will be a FA and probably not a Bill. Then it will officially be the end of the Wys-RJ-Bryson era, although his boy Travis Brown will still be hanging around.

cas,

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Wys Guy
                          • Jul 2002

BFO,

"I like the way Henry has been running. Sans the fumbles. I don't know what you're watching wys."

So you like a back who gets most of his positive yardage on 2 or 3 big plays and then cannot be counted on to provide at least some element of a "ball-control" offense for the rest of the game?

Not me. I much prefer a guy who can get you 4 or 5 consistently when you need it the most. Not a guy who on first or second down can do what Drew does thru the air whenever he wants to!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• BledsoeTOreedfor6
                            • Jul 2002

Henry is better than Bryson! No Contest IMO. There is a lot more to a running game than just the RB. To lay it all on him just shows you don't like the guy wys!

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Wys Guy
                              BFO,

"I like the way Henry has been running. Sans the fumbles. I don't know what you're watching wys."

So you like a back who gets most of his positive yardage on 2 or 3 big plays and then cannot be counted on to provide at least some element of a "ball-control" offense for the rest of the game?

Not me. I much prefer a guy who can get you 4 or 5 consistently when you need it the most. Not a guy who on first or second down can do what Drew does thru the air whenever he wants to!
                              So you only like hall of fame running backs. That's ok. There aren't too many in the league right now.

Comment

Working...
                              X