X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Romes
    • Jul 2002

Bills trying to lure Wyche for QBs

Meanwhile, the Bills may try to lure former Cincinnati and Tampa Bay coach Sam Wyche out of retirement to work with quarterbacks. Wyche gave Mularkey his break into coaching in Tampa.
    He does have head coaching experience. Other than that I don't know much about Wyche. What do you all think about this possible move?
    Originally posted by paladin warrior
    RALPH is drove me nut.
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

I think that would be a pretty good move IMO. LIke you said he has head coach experience and run a pretty good offense when Boomer Esiason was at the helm.

Comment

• juice
      • Aug 2003

Didn't Wyche lose his voice to some type of Vocal disorder? Seems like Bryant Gumball did a Real Sports about him and he had retired to coach and teach in HS in I think in SC.

The story said he was almost stripped of his livelyhood by his ailment but that he had regained limited voice use.

The article said he had excellent repore with players he coached in the NFL and was excellent at working with QB's and other players in HS and the NFL.

Also said he would like to coach in the NFL again. GT ELDER 36 pts vs CLEMSON

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• Tatonka
        • Jul 2002

sam wyche is a coach that was able to get his team to the superbowl. i am sure he could be of some help for sure. i always liked the guy.
        "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• The Spaz
          • Mar 2003

I used to hate the Bengals they would always kill us in the mid to late 80's Ickey Woods and Boomer Esiason.

Comment

• helmetguy
            Touch the helmet for luck
            • Sep 2002

Having Wyche and his considerable knowledge and experience would be a great asset to a young coordinator like Clements. It most certainly couldn't hurt.
            Someone said "What's he gonna turn out like?" Ha!
            And someone else said "Never mind!"

-Deep Purple

"Have you ever taken a crap so big your pants fit better?"--Ron White

Comment

• Philly Zoner
              • Jan 2004

TD must really miss Dick LeBeau; can't have him so he's looking for other ex-Bengals coaches to fill the void.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                • May 2003

Wyche is known to have a very fertile offensive mind, knows Mularkey well, and has tons of experience. He would be a great fit with a young, first-time head coach, and a brand new OC. I'd love to see him with the Bills.
                Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Michael82
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                  Wyche is known to have a very fertile offensive mind, knows Mularkey well, and has tons of experience. He would be a great fit with a young, first-time head coach, and a brand new OC. I'd love to see him with the Bills.
                  Agreed! It would be another solid move by Mike Mularkey.

Comment

• The Spaz
                    • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Philly Zoner
                    TD must really miss Dick LeBeau; can't have him so he's looking for other ex-Bengals coaches to fill the void.
                    Wyche=Offense, LeBeau=Defense

Comment

• ryjam282
                      Offical Billszone Starting QB
                      • Mar 2003

I don't see a problem with it, I think it is a great move if it pans out. Wyche knows football and the NFL.

Ryan Withey
                      Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• Tatonka
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                        fertile love
                        "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• The Spaz
                          • Mar 2003

Comment

• JJamezz

Administrator Emeritus
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by juice
                            Didn't Wyche lose his voice to some type of Vocal disorder? Seems like Bryant Gumball did a Real Sports about him and he had retired to coach and teach in HS in I think in SC.

The story said he was almost stripped of his livelyhood by his ailment but that he had regained limited voice use.

The article said he had excellent repore with players he coached in the NFL and was excellent at working with QB's and other players in HS and the NFL.

Also said he would like to coach in the NFL again. GT ELDER 36 pts vs CLEMSON
                            Yeah, he has a paralyzed vocal chord. To hear him speak now though (after surgeries and a lot of rehab I imagine), you can't tell anything is wrong - but he has problems raising his voice to anything above a normal speaking level. I heard him on WNSA a couple of months ago, and I got the impression he would like to come back in some role, and that now the technology is there that the voice problem wouldn't be too much of an issue. They have something thats sort of like a wearable bullhorn that I guess he can turn on and off to project his voice. Although as QB coach, I don't even know if that'd be necessary.

Comment

• BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
                              All-Pro Zoner
                              • Jan 2004

He was on Howard Simons show a few weeks back and said that he wouldn't come back because he had surgery on his throat and they clipped part of his vocal chord accidentally. Howard Simon talked to him he had a hard time even talking. It was when Howard was talking to McNally and Tom Clements same day.

Comment

Working...
                              X