• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bulldog
    Top Dog
    • Jan 2003

The year of the WR

With the addition of Mike Williams to the 2004 NFL Draft, could this be the best class of recievers ever? I know that it is probably too early to tell, but I can't remember a draft with so much talent @ the WR position. Much like the class of 84' for QB's, I think this class of WR's has the makings of something special. Any thoughts?
    I only drink when I'm alone or with others.
  • Devin
    The Octagon
    • Apr 2003

I think a sleeper (in that you dont hear a lot about him) is prob OU reciever Rashaun Woods, at 6-2 190 he has great size and i believe ran the fastest 40 time at the combine (4.38) he is slated to eb a late first rounder by most although I dont think ive seena mock yet that has him in the first I think hed be a nice addition in the 2nd.
    http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• DraftBoy
      Administrator
      • Jul 2002

OSU WR not OU
      COMING SOON...
      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Bulldog
        Top Dog
        • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Devin
        I think a sleeper (in that you dont hear a lot about him) is prob OU reciever Rashaun Woods, at 6-2 190 he has great size and i believe ran the fastest 40 time at the combine (4.38) he is slated to eb a late first rounder by most although I dont think ive seena mock yet that has him in the first I think hed be a nice addition in the 2nd.
        Any other year and Woods is probably a first rounder. Then again, with his time in the 40, the draft "experts" are saying he may have pushed himself into the first round anyway.
        I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
          • May 2003

Woods is probably the most polished receiver in the draft. Everything I have heard about him has stated that he is ready to step right in.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
            • May 2003

The knock on Woods (no pun intended) had been his lack of great speed. I guess that's not an issue anymore.
            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• mypoorfriendme
              • Apr 2003

another "sleeper" is lee evans out of wisconsin and devery henderson from LSU. both should be there in round 2
              the dude abides

Comment

• Romes
                • Jul 2002

I would be stoked if we got Evans in round 2. But the fact he ran a 4.4 forty prbobly pushed him into the first round.
                Originally posted by paladin warrior
                RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• SoCalBillsFan
                  Expert on Experts
                  • Jul 2002

I would be thrilled with either evans or woods in the second round. It'd be like having an extra first rounder.

I am very leery of Michael Clayton for LSU. I don't think he's really that good personally, and hes not very fast.

Comment

• mypoorfriendme
                    • Apr 2003

yeah im not too high on clayton either. and damn those WR's upping their stock at the combine!!! :snicker2:
                    the dude abides

Comment

• BAM
                      • Sep 2003

it will be hard to top the class of '96... but these guys are damn good

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
                        Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
                        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by SoCalBillsFan
                        I would be thrilled with either evans or woods in the second round. It'd be like having an extra first rounder.
                        Couldn't have said it better myself! [list=1][*]Rivers[*]Evans/Woods[*]Madieu Williams/Sean Jones[/list=1]

We address TE, OL, CB, and maybe DE in the FA.
                        "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
                        -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• mypoorfriendme
                          • Apr 2003

only like i like snell in round three
                          the dude abides

Comment

• BillsMan80
                            Tapit: All the Way to the Derby
                            • Jul 2002

We really should address QB or WR in the first round if we don't get Henson, and the other in the 2nd Round. Rivers and the best receiver left, or the top receiver available and a guy like Losman or something.
                            The NTRA...GO BABY GO!!!!!!!
                            THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT WILLIS!!!!!!!!!!! Touchdown Wills McGahee!!!!!

Comment

• mypoorfriendme
                              • Apr 2003

with so much reciever depth, it seems like its faith that we get one in rounds 2 or 3. of course, you never know with TD and he might not even draft one of these gems
                              the dude abides

Comment

Working...
                              X