It's not the end of the world if we don't get Vincent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earthquake Enyart
    Legendary Zoner
    • Jul 2002

It's not the end of the world if we don't get Vincent.

Chances are the best CB in the draft will still be available at #13.

Dunta Robinson, Will Poole, and DeAngelo Hall are all worthy. Hall is the best punt returner in this year's draft as well.
  • ScottLawrence
    • Jan 2004

Yea, I wouldn't mind drafting a CB if we dont sign one in FA.
    You're right, I am a coward! I haven't any courage at all. I even scare myself.

Comment

• Dozerdog
      In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
      • Jul 2002

I'm not going to jump off a ledge either- June 1 will also shake loose a variety of players as well

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

but will any of them make an instant impact like Clements?
        sacrifice1
        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• ScottLawrence
          • Jan 2004

I would say Cornerback is the position coming out of college that makes the most impact in his rookie season....

Clements and Winfield both had pretty descent rookie seasons.
          You're right, I am a coward! I haven't any courage at all. I even scare myself.

Comment

• Halbert
            I'm Not Normal
            • Jul 2002

I believe TD & McNally are going to fix the OL this season meaning there is no reason the talent on this team can't make a real SB run. Unless they're planning on giving up on that for this year, they won't want a rookie starting at CB, no matter where they draft him. TD must have something up his sleeve, whether it's a FA down the road or simply staying with what they have at that spot and adding another FA OL or WR to strengthen the offense to balance the slightly weaker defense. One way or another they are going to use the cap room to make the starting roster stronger so stay tuned.

Comment

• The Spaz
              • Mar 2003

Ahmad "Batman" Carroll in the draft baby!

Comment

• Tatonka
                • Jul 2002

hall is overrated.. i watched him for years at virginia tech.. he got beat all the time.. he is just really fast, and good at kick returns.. he is really good at that though.
                "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Michael82
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The Spaz
                  Ahmad "Batman" Carroll in the draft baby!
                  Here ya go....

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Halbert
                    I believe TD & McNally are going to fix the OL this season meaning there is no reason the talent on this team can't make a real SB run. Unless they're planning on giving up on that for this year, they won't want a rookie starting at CB, no matter where they draft him. TD must have something up his sleeve, whether it's a FA down the road or simply staying with what they have at that spot and adding another FA OL or WR to strengthen the offense to balance the slightly weaker defense. One way or another they are going to use the cap room to make the starting roster stronger so stay tuned.

The Panthers went pretty far with a rookie CB.

I'd rather have the best CB in the draft than an old "average" overpriced FA.

Comment

• ryjam282
                      Offical Billszone Starting QB
                      • Mar 2003

We already have 2 corners that haven't had a chance to shine. Give them a chance. How did we know that Clements would be any good unless he had a chance? How do we know that the two we have couldn't do at least a decent job and learn from the experience?

Ryan Withey
                      Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• The Spaz
                        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by ryjam282
                        We already have 2 corners that haven't had a chance to shine. Give them a chance. How did we know that Clements would be any good unless he had a chance? How do we know that the two we have couldn't do at least a decent job and learn from the experience?
                        True but Donohoe has always stated you can't have enough corners.

Comment

• ryjam282
                          Offical Billszone Starting QB
                          • Mar 2003

I agree, we can't have enough. But using a first round pick on a corner when we have 2 guys already here that may be able to do the job is a waste in my opinion. McGee and Thomas have done a decent enough job as the Nickel corner to at least get a shot at moving to the next level and being the #2. Don't you think?

Ryan Withey
                          Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ryjam282
                            I agree, we can't have enough. But using a first round pick on a corner when we have 2 guys already here that may be able to do the job is a waste in my opinion. McGee and Thomas have done a decent enough job as the Nickel corner to at least get a shot at moving to the next level and being the #2. Don't you think?

You're taking a pretty big chance. I'd take a chance with McGee, Thomas and a #1 draft pick CB.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                              Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                              • Jul 2002

Yeah, great...let's take the 13th pick and take another CB and not address WR or DE...that makes sense...NOT! TD needs to fix some of these holes via FA and leave only 1 position that we need an immediate impact player at via the draft. This team is not good enough to have all these rookies starting on it! Sorry, folks.

Comment

Working...
                              X