Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kicker22705
    • Jul 2002

Bledsoe came off the bench to win the AFC Championship game against the heavily favored Steelers.

Comment

• SoCalBillsFan
      Expert on Experts
      • Jul 2002

did I say that? no. heck, the guy hardly played!

I think bledsoe has his flaws like any other qb. I don't think he is all-world, all-pro, savior of the Bills. I dont think he is a top 5 qb in the nfl. I DO think he is solid, he provides stability, he is experienced, he is a BIG improvement for the Bills, he provides leadership, and he sure as hell is better than fiedler. And by no means does he suck. He is a very capable quarterback who I am looking forward to seeing play. Now go away.

Comment

• don137
        • Jul 2002

so what your telling me is he was good last year for the patriots? [/B][/QUOTE]
        Let's just say if Fielder was Brady's backup and displayed his talents that it would of been Pittsburgh in the Super Bowl. You may not like him but this year will be the Dolphins last chance for a long time and you have to rely on Fielder to get the job done Can you say:

The Dolphins will be the armpit of the division in another year or two when the salary cap hits you guys hard... One more year and this will be the site of Miami fans at a Miami game ==>

Comment

• The Shadow
          • Jul 2002

Stop smoking crack Dolfreak. You know as well as the rest of us do that Bledsoe has had no running game,spotty receivers, and an oline with holes his past 3 season. The disappearance of Coates also coincides with the disappearance of Drew.

Now I admit I was against bringing him in at first, but once the Bills signed him a blind man could see that it was a brand new,energetic,and highly motivated Drew Bledsoe that took the mic at his initial Bills press conference. Reports out of the mini-camps depict a reinvigorated and rejuvinized Bledsoe exuding his leadership and running the offense in a way we haven't seen since Kelly. He's won me over and with TD putting some protection and weapons around him, I think he's ready for Drew Part II.

Admit it, you're talking smack because you're scared. You've signed an overhyped transvestite as a running back, you've got a QB that defines the word average,an oline with holes in it, and a defense that is in decline instead of ascension.

Don't hate me because the Bills are getting ready to unleash some whupass this season, hate me because the Dolphins are getting ready to bend over in the prison shower and be made somebody's *****.
          Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men? The Shadow knows.

Comment

• WCoastFin
            I have the arms of a new born baby!
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Kicker22705
            Bledsoe came off the bench to win the AFC Championship game against the heavily favored Steelers.
            Hey kicker, let me Kick on to you and the rest of the bill fans what really happened.....

Doesn't anyone remember that Bledsoe wasn't even the starter for his own team last year? The Patriots didn't trade him because they think he's better than Tom Brady. Even in Bledsoe's celebrated playoff performance last season, he did only what was necessary: 10-for-21 passing, 102 yards, 1 touchdown. The touchdown is what's important, of course, but a 47.6 completion percentage and under 5-yards per attempt are not numbers to get excited about. Because Bledsoe's touchdown pass helped win the game, many of us forgot that he didn't really play all that well.

You can't even make the argument that Bledsoe saves his best stuff for the really big games. In Super Bowl XXXI, Bledsoe became one of only four quarterbacks to throw four interceptions in a Super Bowl game, putting up a ghastly 46.6 passer rating. All this isn't to say that Bledsoe is a bad quarterback, but he's certainly overrated.

....I had to throw it out there to show you guys he didnt even play well.....and even before the injury he was losing games for the patriots....so, I rest my case.
            We wanna see you spit now!!!lets face it we suck.

Comment

• WCoastFin
              • Jul 2002

BTW,that was from an article and I will post it again once and for all to open all buffalo bills fans eyes...and to prevent them from putting there foot in there mouth!

This outta stirr it up a little more....

NFL - Bills' Resurgence: Myth or Reality?

By Brad Oremland

Buffalo's much-ballyhooed acquisitions this offseason are mostly band-aids, not upgrades. Middle linebacker London Fletcher merely takes over for Sam Cowart. Offensive tackle Trey Teague is an overrated but necessary addition. He and first-round draft choice Mike Williams are overdue anchors to a terrible offensive line; they make the Bills respectable, not remarkable.
              And kicker Mike Hollis is a nice addition, but he won't get the chance to decide games for the Bills unless the rest of the team can keep them close. Hollis is also coming off a weak season in which he went 8-11 from under 40 yards and hit nothing from further than 48.

Comment

• don137
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by WCoastFin

Hey kicker, let me Kick on to you and the rest of the bill fans what really happened.....

Doesn't anyone remember that Bledsoe wasn't even the starter for his own team last year? The Patriots didn't trade him because they think he's better than Tom Brady. Even in Bledsoe's celebrated playoff performance last season, he did only what was necessary: 10-for-21 passing, 102 yards, 1 touchdown. The touchdown is what's important, of course, but a 47.6 completion percentage and under 5-yards per attempt are not numbers to get excited about. Because Bledsoe's touchdown pass helped win the game, many of us forgot that he didn't really play all that well.

You can't even make the argument that Bledsoe saves his best stuff for the really big games. In Super Bowl XXXI, Bledsoe became one of only four quarterbacks to throw four interceptions in a Super Bowl game, putting up a ghastly 46.6 passer rating. All this isn't to say that Bledsoe is a bad quarterback, but he's certainly overrated.

....I had to throw it out there to show you guys he didnt even play well.....and even before the injury he was losing games for the patriots....so, I rest my case.
                While Bledsoe was playing in those games where exactky were the Dolphins players? Oh that's right at home. Let's face it the Dolphins SUCK in the playoffs.

Comment

• WCoastFin
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by don137

While Bledsoe was playing in those games where exactky were the Dolphins players? Oh that's right at home. Let's face it the Dolphins SUCK in the playoffs.
                  Dont get me started bro, Where were the bills when the playoffs even started? hey dont get mad Im just trying to help you out,to make you look at things in the correct way, in other words to face the truth (even though I know it the truth hurts).
                  Hopefully your taking notes and learn something!!!!

Comment

• The Shadow
                    • Jul 2002

Yo Dolfreak, you post some fan written column from a wanna-be sports website and call it proof? The guy started with a premise and wrote to fit his story. Why not post this column written by another guy at this same website?

NFL - This Year's Worst To First

By Patrick Moran
                    Thursday, May 30th, 2002

Before committing me to the mental asylum for being among the first to say that the Buffalo Bills are suddenly a very strong playoff contender with their recent additions, take a look at this. These are the past three Super Bowl winners.
                    2001-02: New England wins the Super Bowl after compiling an 11-5 record, good for first in the AFC East. Just one year before, New England finished dead last in the division with a 5-11 mark.

2000-01: The Baltimore Ravens get their hands raised in Super Bowl victory after compiling a 12-4 regular season record and getting into the playoffs as a top wild-card seed. However, the year before, the Ravens struggled to an 8-8 record.

1999-00: The St. Louis Rams literally come out of nowhere, dominated the NFL with a 13-3 record en route to their Super Bowl victory over Tennessee. Just one short season prior, the Rams were among the laughing stock of the NFL with a 4-12 record.

Trend? Yes. None of the past three Super Bowl winners had so much a winning record the year before, let alone being playoff contenders. Two of the three (Baltimore the exception) finished dead last in their division.

It's very possible that the Buffalo Bills are primed to be this year's version of the Cinderella story. And it all starts with the man under center.

Acquiring Drew Bledsoe for a first-round pick in next year's draft was an absolute steal for the Bills' and is a testament to the genius maneuvering of GM Tom Donahoe. New England desperately wanted the Bill's fourth overall pick in this year's draft, but Donahoe did the right thing by refusing.

Drafting Mike Williams to anchor a revamped offensive line was far too important. Donahoe knew that New England had no other serious suitors for Bledsoe. He was patient to the point that New England was forced to amend their demands for the 30-year-old gunslinger.

By holding out for Bledsoe and using their fourth overall pick on Williams, Donahoe put Buffalo in a position to drastically improve their offense now. What are the odds that next year's first-round pick going to the Patriots will be a top-ten pick? I'd take a proven quarterback like Bledsoe over an 18th-26th overall draft choice anyday.

The fact of the matter is that Buffalo has significantly improved their club from last year through the big trade, free agency, and the draft. Here's a closer look at just how improved this team should be this year as opposed to 2001.

Quarterback: No comparison here. Bledsoe is ten times the quarterback Rob Johnson will ever be. Not only does he possess the same, if not better, arm strength that Johnson has; Bledsoe has a proven track record. Drew is a leader in the huddle, something Buffalo has lacked with Johnson at the helm. He's an in-your-face type of guy that brings a winning attitude to a ballclub that badly needs a leader on this side of the ball.

Despite having thrown for nearly 30,000 yards in his career, Bledsoe will feel like a rookie again in this organization, feeling he has something left to prove. Not only is Bledsoe out to haunt his old team, he wants to let teams around the league know they made a big mistake by not pursuing him. If he stays healthy, and he has for his entire career minus last season, Bledsoe still has a good five to six years left in him.

Alex Van Pelt proved to be a decent quarterback, but he's not a 16-game starter. He is however a very capable backup and Buffalo now has some depth at this position.

Running Back: Despite no roster changes at this spot, Travis Henry is a year older and wiser. Henry was banged up last year and had to run behind an offensive line that was among the worst in NFL history. Henry should be a lot better this year and has the ability to be the power type runner Buffalo is looking for. Shawn Bryson also proved last year that he's capable of shouldering some of the load.

Wide Receiver: Get used to hearing "Bledsoe to Eric Moulds" a lot. The team, mainly Johnson, just couldn't get Moulds the ball enough last season. That will change significantly with Bledsoe. Drafting Josh Reed early in the second round was smart for two reasons, also. It gives Buffalo another excellent wideout who is being compared to Andre Reed, and it sends a message to Peerless Price to get his act together or he'll be playing elsewhere in 2003. Donahoe was so high on Reed that he bypassed some good prospects on the defensive line to take him.

Tight End: Won't improve on the receiving end here if Jay Reimermsa is cut, but signing free agent David Moore was a great move. Moore is a much better power blocking tight end and the Bills' plan on playing some smashmouth football. Moore also caught 35 passes last year with Tampa Bay, so it's not like he's incapable of making catches. Plus, it's not as of yet set in stone that Reimersma will be cut if he's willing to restructure his contract.

Offensive Line: Far and away, the biggest and most significant improvements were made at this position. Drafting Mike Williams at number four over the top-notch defensive tackles available in the draft shows how highly the Bills' brass think of his run blocking ability. Williams is massive at 373 pounds, and he's not fat. Buffalo didn't trade down as expected because they wanted Williams to solidify the right side of the line along with perennial Pro Bowler Rueben Brown.

The free agent signing of Trey Teague was also a great move. Teague could wind up playing left tackle, guard or even center (which he played in college). He started all 16 games last season at tackle for Denver. Jonas Jennings shook off rookie rust late season and is blooming into a solid player. Signing free agent Marcus Price from New Orleans gives the line some valuable depth and flexibility. Jerry Ostroski is back healthy this year and the team drafted Mike Pucillo late, who could be a backup guard.

Defensive Line: Used two draft picks to take defensive end Ryan Denney in the second round and tackle Justin Bannon in the fifth. The Bill's like Denney a lot, enough that they orchestrated a draft-day trade with San Francisco to move up seven spots to take him. Many think that he can become a Phil Hansen type of player. Bannon is a two-gap run stuffer, something Pat Williams desperately needs next to him. If Buffalo has the cap room after June 1st, they still might address this position more. Another solid defensive lineman is now their biggest need.

Linebacker: Replaced youth and inexperience with veteran leadership. Losing Sam Cowart to the Jets hurt, but Buffalo quickly responded by napping Rams' free agent London Fletcher. Fletcher is a proven winner who has played in two Super Bowls. He'll provide winning and leadership to a young defense.

Buffalo also upgraded at outside linebacker after trading Jay Foreman and signing free agent Eddie Robinson. Robinson is like a coach on the field and is very familiar with head coach Greg Williams and coordinator Jeff Gray's defense, having played for them in Tennessee. Keith Newman rounds out one of the conference's better linebacking tandems. Brandon Spoon had great moments as a rookie last season and provides depth.

Secondary: Signing free agent Billy Jenkins is a major upgrade over last year's starting strong safety, Raion Hill. Jenkins is a good run stuffer in the box. He'll start at strong safety. The team also used a third-round draft choice on Coy Wire from Stanford. Wire is a hard-hitter who is a converted linebacker. Nate Clements is no longer a rookie at corner and is expected to be an elite cornerback. Antoine Winfield is also a year wiser and should be more consistent. Buffalo has a lot of good young talent in the secondary that took their bumps last season and should be much improved this year.

Special Teams: Hmm, Mike Hollis at kicker versus Shayne Graham. Enough said there. Buffalo also got a great kick returner after trading Jay Foreman to Houston for Carlos Rogers. Rogers led the AFC in punt returns in 1999 and will be a significant upgrade. He'll also likely be the team's fifth receiver, as Buffalo likes his playmaking ability.

Coaching Staff: Greg Williams now has a year under his belt, and should have learned from many of his rookie mistakes. Buffalo also now has a veteran offensive coordinator in Kevin Gillbride. He'll do a better job at keeping the offense consistent, mapping out a power running game, and most importantly, find ways to reinsert Moulds as one of the games most dangerous wide receivers.

So as you can see, the Buffalo Bills on paper should be a much better team then last season's 3-13 edition. Just how far they will go, nobody really knows. Injuries always play a key role in any teams rise/fall in the standings. But without a doubt, Buffalo now has the ability to play with the better teams in the league.

If they can get off to a good start, it's not a pipe dream that Buffalo could be playing in the Super Bowl in late January. They're playoff contenders, for sure.

Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men? The Shadow knows.

Comment

• BuffaloBalls
                      Safety Manager
                      • Jul 2002

Take notes on what? How to stink like a bad piece of a$$???

Comment

• Jas122
                        Starting at Left Out
                        • Jul 2002

WCoast, Bledsoe didn't start for his own team last year because he was injured. When he did come in he played well. The stats you're looking at are from years with a COMPLETELY different team (though the colors are the same...I guess we can't expect dolphins to read) , and just becaused some biased journalist spews his opinion in an article doesn't make it gospel truth, and to believe any of the vomitus mess your splattering on this thread is utter foolishness....... amateur.
                        "Shhh. Listen. Do you see it?" - Ray (Dan Aykroyd), Ghostbusters

Comment

• don137
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by WCoastFin

Dont get me started bro, Where were the bills when the playoffs even started? hey dont get mad Im just trying to help you out,to make you look at things in the correct way, in other words to face the truth (even though I know it the truth hurts).
                          First of all, I don't get mad debating football especially with a Dolphin fan. The Bills had bad management and are rebuilding. Miami will be paying the piper very soon. At least when we are in the playoffs we play competitive and show we belong there and are not pretenders. Let's see how the Dolphins finished the last 4 years:
                          2002 playoffs Ravens 20
                          Miami 3

2001 playoffs Oakland 27
                          Miami 0
                          2000 playoffs Jacksonville 62
                          Miami 7
                          1999 playoffs Denver 38
                          Miami 3
                          That is being outscored 147 to 13.

Comment

• WCoastFin
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by don137

First of all, I don't get mad debating football especially with a Dolphin fan. The Bills had bad management and are rebuilding. Miami will be paying the piper very soon. At least when we are in the playoffs we play competitive and show we belong there and are not pretenders. Let's see how the Dolphins finished the last 4 years:
                            2002 playoffs Ravens 20
                            Miami 3

2001 playoffs Oakland 27
                            Miami 0
                            2000 playoffs Jacksonville 62
                            Miami 7
                            1999 playoffs Denver 38
                            Miami 3
                            That is being outscored 147 to 13.
                            What about the bills in the past four years?

Comment

• don137
                              • Jul 2002

When the Bills were in the playoffs they didn't weren't an utter embarrasment. Being outscored 147-13 is a disgrace. Maybe you guys are satisfied being embarassed on national TV. Buffalo is in the middle of rebuilding and mangament are not satisfied with just a winning record. Apparently Dolphins management and fans are satisfied with mediocrity because you signed Fielder to a long term contract.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                                • Jul 2002

Hey WCF how can you ridicule the Bills for making a move to help their team and sell tickets??? All of our games are pretty much sold out already. You can't tell me(stay out of this WYS) that Drew Bledsoe isn't heads and shoulders above any QB on this or last years roster. Granted you do make some points about Bledsoe's recent slide, and I am not going to make excuses for him. I will say that he seems to be refocused and super intense about this upcoming season. He also does have some weapons at his disposal. With that said and having tons to prove is the reason most of us are excited. We may be proved wrong, but at least this might explain to you our enthusiasm. You say you are trying to tell us the truth but until the season starts you are basically talking out of your @ss as far as I am concerned, and all I can really say is, we will see.

Comment

Working...
                                X