• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

QBs available...

So, who's out there for the Bills to sign as a backup??

Couch
    Doug Johnson
    Rob Johnson

quickly coming up in the rear-view mirror...

Kordell?

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.
  • nolimit
    Member of the Official Drew Bledsoe Truce!
    • Aug 2003

honestly, i'd take doug johnson or kordell in a heartbeat. i think they are very servicable backups. Kordell can be used in goalione situations where we know drew is less effective.

The only thing that worries me about Doug Johnson is his name is a combination of two evils in Buffalo. I know Johnson sucked last year in starting for Vick but that team was just pitiful.

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

Doug Flutie

sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Ebenezer
        Give me a minute...
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
        Doug Flutie

he is already signed...by SD thankfully

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• elltrain22
          • Sep 2003

Here is a thought, lets try to lure David Garrard away from Jacksonville. Garrard, who many of you may not have ever heard of, played his college ball at East Carolina University, which is my school, so it would be cool if the Bills made a play on him. I am not stupid, and i do realize that this whole idea of mine is totally unrealistic, but its fun to throw it around anywayz.
          If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• Devin
            The Octagon
            • Apr 2003

god its like picking which QB left sucks the least.
            http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• Ebenezer
              Give me a minute...
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by elltrain22
              Here is a thought, lets try to lure David Garrard away from Jacksonville. Garrard, who many of you may not have ever heard of, played his college ball at East Carolina University, which is my school, so it would be cool if the Bills made a play on him. I am not stupid, and i do realize that this whole idea of mine is totally unrealistic, but its fun to throw it around anywayz.
              ...mmm...he's under contract...

Comment

• TigerJ
                • Jul 2002

Discounting Doug Johnson's poor showing last season, what other background does he have? Where did he play his college ball? Did he show any promise at the time? What are his measurables? Does he have any kind of arm strength? How does he react to pressure from the defensive line?

It may be that we'll be better off drafting a QB than picking up anyone who's left.
                I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• nolimit
                  Member of the Official Drew Bledsoe Truce!
                  • Aug 2003

Originally posted by TigerJ
                  Discounting Doug Johnson's poor showing last season, what other background does he have? Where did he play his college ball? Did he show any promise at the time? What are his measurables? Does he have any kind of arm strength? How does he react to pressure from the defensive line?

It may be that we'll be better off drafting a QB than picking up anyone who's left.
                  we need bodies at QB! We have to sign a vet. A rookie is not good enough.

Comment

• Cntrygal
                    Visually stunning but camera-shy.
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer

Couch
                    Doug Johnson
                    Rob Johnson

Kordell?
                    When did the Raiders release RJ?

Has there been any mention of Kordell coming to Buffalo (I hope NOT), I thought he was intrested in Denver?
                    Originally posted by notacon
                    The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• Ebenezer
                      Give me a minute...
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Cntrygal
                      When did the Raiders release RJ?
                      ...he is not on the Raiders...according to Ourlads, he isn't on an NFL roster

Comment

• Cntrygal
                        Visually stunning but camera-shy.
                        • Jul 2002

...he is not on the Raiders...according to Ourlads, he isn't on an NFL roster

Originally posted by notacon
                        The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                          Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

I'll say again, Jeff Blake would be a very serviceable backup.

Comment

• Thailog80
                            Im not a chick!
                            • Apr 2003

Re: QBs available...

Couch
                            Doug Johnson
                            Rob Johnson

Kordell?
                            Kordell does strike me as a come from behind kind of guy.....

"Let's Roll"
                            Todd Beamer
                            Flight 93
                            9/11/01

Comment

• Tatonka
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TigerJ

actually.. prior to getting thrown in last year.. doug johnson was considered a very good back up and he was looked at very much the same as volek, just 2 seasons ago when he was a RFA.. he ended up going back to atlanta... but there was some interest in him.

he played some real good games prior to last eyar.. and even had a couple of decent games last year.. but nothing to write home about.

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
                              I'll say again, Jeff Blake would be a very serviceable backup.
                              i am thinking the same thing..

but you guys do realize we have travis brown.. he has done nothing to warrant not being the back up.
                              "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

Working...
                              X