X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Novacane
    • Jul 2002

There will be RB problems this year

For all you that think we are going to have this awesome backfield of Henry and Mcgahee it ain't going to happen. You can only give one guy the ball at a time. I think there will be fighting.

Henry is going to be pissed because Willis is going to be taking away some of his carries. For you that say no he won't just look how pissed he was that we even drafted WM.

Mcgahee is going to be pissed because he has an incentive based contract and he will not be able to reach them spliting carries.
  • BuffaloRanger
    WORK HARD. PLAY HARD. LIVE HARD.
    • Mar 2003

But let's draft a 1st rd QB so we can have a RB AND A QB CONTROVERSY , right?
    Buffalo Only and Always.

Comment

• Devin
      The Octagon
      • Apr 2003

Fairway couldnt agree more I just hope some happy medium can be reached.

And as far as a QB in the first round goes.... *me prays we draft a QB*

Drew isnt good enough for controversey. And ill put up with his whining to have a future QB. Hes gone next season anyway.
      http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• kal123
        Maybe?
        • Oct 2003

The only way we have a no RB problems is in one of the following scenarios:

1. WM isn't fully healed and TH has to carry the load.
        2. WM is fully healed and they trade TH before the season starts.
        3. WM is fully healed and TH gets injured, thus WM has to carry the load.

The scenario that will cause problems:

1. WM is fully healed and TH is playing well. Some say "good problem to have" but I think everyone knows where I stand on RBC. And with two "studs", it's not going to be smooth. Both have something to prove...

WM, wants to prove he was worth the 1st round pick and to shove it up the other teams' butts who passed on him (and for the contract incentives)

TH, because he got disrespected by TD because of that pick wants to prove TD made a mistake (and he also wants to play well for the upcoming contract year)

They won't like sitting one bit (not that any RB does), and that can build up over the season.
        Last edited by Mr. Cynical; 03-25-2004, 06:44 PM.

Comment

• John Doe
          Florida Man
          • Jul 2002

We were the 21st ranked rushing team in the league last year. Mcgahee is just what we need.

Comment

• The_Philster
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by John Doe
            We were the 21st ranked rushing team in the league last year. Mcgahee is just what we need.
            it's not so much McGahee we need, but a commitment to the run
            The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• L.A. Playa
              • Aug 2003

Sounds like every position on the team is screwed, if you listen to your expert analysis. I know competition makes players better and hey they signed the contract now play for it, 2 back sets have worked very succesfully in the past winning cures all stat loving players check out the winning percentages of teams with two backs that share the duties suand I am sure you will find a very high winning record, Mc Gahee is 100 % so go with him and trade Henry while he has value if you think it is gonna be a problem. Henry has suceeded in a pass first offense. He doesnt hit the hole or allude tackles with great consistency, when a defence plays against run first he will not be as succesful as he has in the past trade him now while he has value and hey if Mc Gahee gets hurt and Mv Nally is the savior as everyone thinks then any RB will be able to run behind our line, but please stop all the panicking about the Qb and RB situation until you see something on the field give the new staff some time to prove themselves on the field

Comment

• saviorbledsoe
                All-Pro Zoner
                • Jul 2003

I was at a sales seminar today........Attitude is everything.......if us Bills fan could be a little more positive maybe just maybe we could win a Superbowl before I die?

Comment

• Fairway To Green
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by saviorbledsoe
                  I was at a sales seminar today........Attitude is everything.......if us Bills fan could be a little more positive maybe just maybe we could win a Superbowl before I die?

That has to come from the players, coachs and everyone else in the organization SB. Do you honestly think if every single Bills fan is positive that will help the Bills win a SB sooner? Come on now. I agree it will help you in your sales but our attitude has nothing to do with how well the Bills do.

Comment

• Fairway To Green
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by pmacla
                    Sounds like every position on the team is screwed, if you listen to your expert analysis.

Mine is just as expert as yours is thank you very much

Comment

• EDS
                      • Jan 2003

I think you are making a mountain out of a mole-hill. Sure each will want to be the man and get as many carries as possible, but successful playoff teams in recent years have had a strong number 2 back or committee of backs:

Carolina - Stephen Davis and Deshaun Foster
                      New England - Antwoin Smith and Kevin Faulk
                      Tampa Bay - Alstott and Pittman
                      Oakland - Garner and Wheatley
                      San Fran - Hearst and Barlow

Point is, no one is even sure how McGehee will perform this year so it is unrealistic to make a big deal about it until such time as he proves himself - that will not happen in one practice, one game or two games, but over the course of the season. Next year, it could be a big problem, but we don't have to worry about that yet.

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                        • May 2003

Let me say that I think you are wrong. I think both of the RBs we have are pros and they will coincide with each other this year. I think both of these guys will put the team first. If there is going to be a problem with one not getting enough carries it might be a would be next season.

This season Travis is #1, Willis #2.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                          • May 2003

I like the idea of having the "problem" of two quality running backs. With a strong commitment to the run, there might be enough carries to keep both guys satisfied - at least for a season - especially if we are winning.

Longer term, one or the other will probably emerge as the feature back, and the other will be unhappy.

But I think we will be able to enjoy the luxury of two great running backs for at least this season, and perhaps one more.
                          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Fairway To Green
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers

But I think we will be able to enjoy the luxury of two great running backs for at least this season, and perhaps one more.

It could work this season. For two years? No way. If WM's contract was not so heavily based on incentives I might buy that.

If WM shows this year his knee is good and he shows he is a capable NFL back he is going to want to play. Thats the only way he will get paid what he thinks he is worth.

Comment

• Michael82
                              • Jul 2002

Here's the thing, as long as the Bills win...there will be NO PROBLEMS. However, once the team begins to lose games, the problems will start to show and Henry may get a little *****y to the media. Wins will change that, IMO!

Comment

Working...
                              X