X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BidsJr
    • Sep 2002

Henry's Trade Value at its Peak?

Everyone is focused on the "risk" of going into the season with only Willis if TD decided to trade Travis.

What about the "risk" of not trading Travis when his value potentially is at its highest.

What if it is Travis knee that blows out next year and not Willis?
    What if he cannot hang onto the ball?
    What if WM is so good that they cannot keep him off the field?

When WM gets back next year he WILL take carries and yards away from TH. He will also put focus on TH lack of recieving skills when he gets REC yards that Travis never gets.

If we wait until next year to trade him, we will get less than we would this year because of less production.

I would take the risk of getting into the top 5 to get Manning/Big Ben/Rivers if we could find a dancing partner, rather than cross my fingers that Travis doesn't blow out his knee or contract fumbleitis again, and ruin his value for next year.

See my mock draft.

Get insurance later on in the draft with Turner, Bell, even Clarrett.

(I Hate Clarett)
    "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37
  • juice
    • Aug 2003

Detroit, Can I have this dance... They are in desperate need of RB help and would probably put us in the mix for one of the big 3 QB's at #6.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• elltrain22
      • Sep 2003

I don't really think we can trade Henry, until we see what McGahee can do for us.
      If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• BidsJr
        • Sep 2002

Would definately put us into the mix.

AND would push another top quality pick to 13.

If we could manage to keep it.

Or trade down.
        "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37

Comment

• The Natrix
          • Jul 2002

It is definitely at it's peak. No doubt.

Byrd.

Comment

• BidsJr
            • Sep 2002

Remember what MM said on the NFL network?

We are moving forward with our team as IF we will have both Travis and Willis.

Comment

• juice
              • Aug 2003

[QUOTE]Originally posted by BidsJr
              [B] Remember what MM said on the NFL network?

.. as IF ..

Sounds suspect to me.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• BidsJr
                • Sep 2002

ME too.

I'm leaning toward a draft day suprise.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

Re: Henry's Trade Value at its Peak?

Originally posted by BidsJr
                  Everyone is focused on the "risk" of going into the season with only Willis if TD decided to trade Travis.

What about the "risk" of not trading Travis when his value potentially is at its highest.

What if it is Travis knee that blows out next year and not Willis?
                  What if he cannot hang onto the ball?
                  What if WM is so good that they cannot keep him off the field?

When WM gets back next year he WILL take carries and yards away from TH. He will also put focus on TH lack of recieving skills when he gets REC yards that Travis never gets.

If we wait until next year to trade him, we will get less than we would this year because of less production.

I would take the risk of getting into the top 5 to get Manning/Big Ben/Rivers if we could find a dancing partner, rather than cross my fingers that Travis doesn't blow out his knee or contract fumbleitis again, and ruin his value for next year.

See my mock draft.

Get insurance later on in the draft with Turner, Bell, even Clarrett.

(I Hate Clarett)
                  Well said. 1000yd rushers are pentiful in the NFL nowadays. Lets move Henry now, but only if the price is right.
                  COMING SOON...
                  Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                  We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• The Spaz
                    • Mar 2003

Oh Christ things are getting hairy!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• juice
                      • Aug 2003

Originally posted by elltrain22
                      I don't really think we can trade Henry, until we see what McGahee can do for us.
                      ELL, We've seen what he can do at MIA , the only question is rather he is 100% and able to do it this year or if there is a 2 yr rehab period... How does he look to you.. NO kneebrace..235 LBS.. and most importantly believes he is ready.

If the Knee is Healed then there isn't a reason he would go out and make a quick cut and reinjure it. 100% is as good as new, from what I have read about Knee Injuries.. There is as much of a chance that he will injure his other Knee.

Comment

• BidsJr
                        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by juice

If the Knee is Healed then there isn't a reason he would go out and make a quick cut and reinjure it. 100% is as good as new, from what I have read about Knee Injuries.. There is as much of a chance that he will injure his other Knee.

Actually according to the doctors, Henry's "non" surgically repaired knees are more likely to be injured that McGahee's surgically repaired knee

Comment

• Patrick76777
                          • Jul 2002

You people are nuts!

We’re going to trade away a 2-time 1400 yard rusher just to move up 7 spots in the draft so we can draft a QB who most likely won’t be able to play this year and possibly even next year!

Bizarre Eh!

So now we go into next season with a shaky Drew, a rookie running back with a bum knee and our first round draft pick on the bench for the second year in a row!

Nice!

I’m glad you guys aren’t running this team!
                          Resign our own guys!

Comment

• BidsJr
                            • Sep 2002

This would not be a move up trade!

See my mock draft to see how I have it worked out.

I think we could keep 13

Comment

• Patrick76777
                              • Jul 2002

You seem like a nice guy and all, but I think we've got a better chance of seeing TD go up to the podium dressed in a pink tutu and proceed to select Ebenezer in the first round than we have of Oakland giving us the #2 AND a 3rd rounder for Henry!
                              Resign our own guys!

Comment

Working...
                              X